• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT11| This Is Our Year!

Poor Januzaj. He needs to get out on loan, he has no confidence. Our biggest star last year cant even play a easy pass.

He needs to play centrally, but it's impossible with the players in front of him. He likes to get on the ball and he likes to drift all over the place. Under Gaal he has to stay out wide because Gaal likes to keep the width. Just look at this season. He's relying on crosses and that is nothing like how he played for the youth team.

I would loan him out.

jts

...hate me...
3D World is on sale on the eShop Hixx
leeleeleebizlk.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
saints winning today and us beating them at home wouldnt be disastrous.

Hixx

Apparently BT have got Julio Arca on for the SAFC game. Bit of a weird choice. But a true cult hero.

Julio, always believe in your souuuuuuul, you've got the power to know, you're indestructible! always believe it, julio-OH

YES HIXX! Welcome, #WiiUPCBro.

YES m7.

3D World is on sale on the eShop Hixx
leeleeleebizlk.png

Fuck Nintendo digital. Also I have Grainger Games credit so I will just wait until tomorrow. It ain't no thang.

bud

He needs to play centrally, but it's impossible with the players in front of him. He likes to get on the ball and he likes to drift all over the place. Under Gaal he has to stay out wide because Gaal likes to keep the width. Just look at this season. He's relying on crosses and that is nothing like how he played for the youth team.

van gaal's not going to drop his captain for januzaj.

so it's pretty much over, then.

L1NETT

If Ibe-inho goes back to Pool, Sir Steve needs to get on the ringer and get wee Adnan on loan

could do with the game time

GQman2121

Banned
Jones looking around like a cat at a laser pointer for the Shawcross goal was hilarious. Both sides lucky to score. Neither created anything.

van gaal's not going to drop his captain for januzaj.

so it's pretty much over, then.

Rooney isn't playing the #10 right now, Mata is. Januzaj will never be picked over them and for good reason. They are proven quality and we need top 4. Even Di Maria could play that position.

It's impossible.

Clegg

We've definitely missed Fellaini since his injury.
Don't think so. He was pure shit before his injury. Can't pass, shoot or run. We missed someone for Carrick to pass the ball to and that's it. Herrera will improve the side because he's an actual footballer.

elfinke

Herrera should start next game.

Carrick needs a midfield partner. Was overwhelmed today.

Agreed. I'm all for this wingback business, but at the moment it seems very one-dimensional: spread it wide -> cut inside -> cross to merely one or two players who aren't particularly tall or great jumpers -> get lucky or scrap a goal. Repeat.

It's just not great football at the moment. And unfortunately, being setup that way means the midfield is slow, very lateral and very thin in the middle. The amount of times Rooney/Mata picks the ball up centrally and then come almost to a complete standstill while they wait for movement ahead - or even just near them - before predictably spreading it wide or backwards, is very frustrating.

bud

Rooney isn't playing the #10 right now, Mata is. Januzaj will never be picked over them and for good reason. They are proven quality and we need top 4. Even Di Maria could play that position.

It's impossible.

what should his next destination be

sociedad would be great

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea signing another player to give out on a loan

what why

They signed him to stop rival teams buying him, same deal with Salah, Moses, Lukaku, Atsu, etc. Fortunately most of these signings turn out shit.

jts

...hate me...
Fuck Nintendo digital. Also I have Grainger Games credit so I will just wait until tomorrow. It ain't no thang.
It's not that bad
l1x61OA.png

I actually forgot to consider buying it yesterday, which would be followed by selling my physical copy. Now I won't get the points for the digital promotion they were having.

Absolutely massive game, this will set the tone for the next few months for us. Win and we can start the year fresh and with confidence. lose and this team can completely self destruct over the next two months.

doicare

United were very lucky to get a draw but then it makes up for being so unlucky in the last game against Tottenham. It's going to be interesting to see if we sign anybody in January, it's going to make all the difference between 3rd & 5th.

GQman2121

Banned
Lukaku on the bench...again.

ii0F9Itj0idY4.gif

Coulda had class. Coulda been a contender. Coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what he is, let's face it.

what should his next destination be

sociedad would be great

Anywhere that will play him as a #10. I think he will shine there. He doesn't have to rely on dribbling and has more teammates to pick out passes to.

He made the wings work last season, but he was allowed more freedom to drift inside and his confidence was higher. His dribbling was working for him last season and this season it's not. When his dribbling isn't working and he's out wide he seems to think he has no other option, but to cross.

Wilbur

Banned
Dunno what to make of that result. Unbeaten in ten, point at the Britannia on paper isn't terrible but...

Subs were bad. Feels worse considering the chances we had at Spurs. Absolutely have to win the next few games.

Scum

Liverpool will be the true winners today. But I hope 'Azard, Matic, Cesc and Costa had too much to drink last night.
xPSlPCU.png

Clegg

Dunno what to make of that result. Unbeaten in ten, point at the Britannia on paper isn't terrible but...

Subs were bad. Feels worse considering the chances we had at Spurs. Absolutely have to win the next few games.
Three of the last four gams have been draws. Should've beaten Spurs comfortably, couldn't beat a ten man Villa and were lucky to draw against Stoke. Major improvements are needed.

TeddyBoy

Ojo on the bench in place of Balotelli. He most be gone in January, what a disaster.

I read Inter wanted him but only for around £8m, so around half what we paid for him.

I feel like Borini out, Ibe in could be a masterstroke this month, especially if we want to continue to use Sterling as a lone striker.

Play Ibe has a RWB and move Henderson into midfield to replace Gerrard?

Agreed. Ibe is ready.

Get £10 million for both Borini and Balotelli. Buy Vietto for £15 million. Recall Ibe. Add Origi in the summer.

#trajectory

I'd like to hope we'd get a little more for Borini and Balo, we need to offset FFP :/

Seems like we still want to buy Shaqiri, from the sound of it.

I think that's just his agent, once we bought Lallana our links to Shaqiri all dried up.

Clegg

Subs are just perplexing to me. Was no urgency to push to win.

Injuries play a part, but still.
Subbing Herrera on was the right move as he looked decent in his 20 minutes. Shouldn't have out him in for Falcao though. He was our only forward who looked up for Stoke's physicality.

Top Bottom