• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
Monaco paid Benfica (or more likely, some third parties) €15.75m to keep a young CM they had on loan, Bernardo Silva. He played 3 games for their senior team last season. Incredible.

I don't even understand what you mean. Too cheap? Too expensive? What is incredible about it at all?

Linius

Something weird going on with my FIFA, whenever I pick Schalke to play seasons I get 'team file corrupt' something something message which keeps me from playing. Same thing happened when choosing Swansea. But I could play with Marseille and Spurs.

So basicaly forced I picked Marseille in my second to last game of the season, needed 3 points to win division 1 again. And I got my ass handed to me by Swansea. Or the Marseille players are just very weak or everyone at Swansea is fucking strong because I couldn't win duels at all. Luckily I took the title with my last game, Spurs beating AS Roma
QVPSZuL.png

Cool story.

Scum

I just cant get excitited for The Order. And I'm the prime example for superficial stuff and light entertainment.

Yeah I'm not feeling it either. Keep battling internally to decide on if I should get it or not. March is rammed anyway so I guess I can put it off.

Great cinematic experience.
Best visuals ever seen so far on the PS4 (until Uncharted 4 is out).
Meh gameplay.
Meh QTEs.
Boring.
Can be completed in 6-10 hrs.
This year's Heavenly Sword.
Not worth 50 quid. Pick it up for 20 quid when the missus is away for the weekend and you're fucking bored.

Meier

I don't even understand what you mean. Too cheap? Too expensive? What is incredible about it at all?

Amazing to turn over a player for €16m who had 3 first team appearances for your team. He's playing regularly for Monaco so they obviously felt like it was a fine deal but you compare it to Benfica paying €500k for his replacement Mukhtar (who had 17 apps for Hertha) and it's pretty incredible.

y is hamburg playing vs manchester city right now in dubai?

City are there for warm weather training this week and they get paid a boatload for this friendly (as does HSV I assume).

L1NETT

seeing ex machina in 2 hours like

should be cracking

Alicia Vikander is great. Liked her since A Royal Affair

and she's going out with Fassbender

got it all

Linius

Wait what, City goes back and forth to Dubai in the middle of the week whilst they have a game on saturday? That's odd.

Wilbur

Banned
seeing ex machina in 2 hours like

should be cracking

Alicia Vikander is great. Liked her since A Royal Affair

and she's going out with Fassbender

got it all

She's in Testament of Youth as well isn't she? Gonna be huge by the end of the year.

Will go see Ex Machina earlier tomorrow or Friday I think.

Meier

Wait what, City goes back and forth to Dubai in the middle of the week whilst they have a game on saturday? That's odd.

FA Cup game versus Boro. I can't actually get the mcfc site to load to watch the game strangely, but the team playing was more or less the second unit plus some under 21s.

I think this friendly is worth a few million £ from what I recall reading last year. We had to call it off due to the FA Cup replay last time. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

Youtube URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84359240&v=X_2IZZcC2vE&x-yt-ts=1421782837

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Fassbender is incredibly good looking, but he's got real charisma. The same with Tom Hardy.

Or Daniel Craig; as Bond he's fucking HOT

And then in other things he looks like a prune

kharma45

Miggy D doing some chatting about transfers

"MUFC want a CB and RB this window. LvG has insisted on doing business privately despite what has been said publicly."

"Falcao deal depends on the price being dropped and his form between now and the end of the season." #MUFC

"MUFC want Clyne this window. I've heard that it is expected in summer. However, S.Coleman is back-up option."

"Strootman likely the summer. LVG wanted him this window. Roma reluctant to play ball."

"Manchester United are clearly interested in Pogba, but the competition for him is only going to escalate."

"My understanding is MUFC are interested in Otamendi but he's not the No.1 target...Hummels is."

About Mata leaving: "Not right now. United more concerned with bringing players in than selling, and don't think Mata's circumstances are anywhere near as precarious as they were when LVG first arrived. Then, LVG wouldn't have been against the idea of selling him, but Mata much more secure now."

About Bale: "A lot of people asking about the Bale situation. This could be a complex one. First of all, he's content at Real, they're content to keep him, but it's not quite a situation where they're both so secure with each other that any move is impossible. I wouldn't call him "dispensable", but he's certainly not indispensable, especially if Madrid seek to restructure their side a bit. On the other side, there is obvious interest from United's part and, if they get top four (which is a big IF), and if the stories suggesting that Adidas will be willing to back them in a big deal every summer once they take over the shirt manufacturing, it could grow legs. For what it's worth, as I've said here before, LVG burst out laughing when he initially heard the Bale rumours. It's not happening in January anyway."

"Laporte is on United's fairly substantial list of targets. This tends to be reality for most clubs, and why you see so many rumours. They have top targets, and then fall-back targets. Now, in today's game, it's exceptionally rare - if close to impossible - that any signing will be made out of the blue. They usually involve weeks, if not months, of build-up in which clubs try to keep a lot of plates spinning. Although they may be actively pursuing a top target, the difficulty in getting him obviously means having to keep open other possibilities, and keeping other potential deals open."

About Godin, who he is very high on us for... "Godin doesn't seem likely. I know they've had a look. For me, he should be their number-one target. But he isn't - not sure why, could be for variety of reasons."

"Re Januzaj, Andy Mitten wrote the definitive piece on him for this very website, which is worth checking out. I've not heard much personally, but Andy's piece suggested a loan to Real Sociedad is possible."

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2256169/live-transfer-window-chat

Nyx

Awww yisssssss, work is done...

Going to grab a stinkin' burger somewhere on the way, then freeze my nuts off in the Galgenwaard stadium. (Gallowshost, how is that for a stadiumname?)

Fuck Dortmund.

Meier

The comments on this youtube stream are peppered with wonderment. It's like MUFC Facebook.

"He's movements are thunder"

Wilbur

Banned
What a team we're going to have next season.

De Gea (Valdes)

Clyne (Rafael)
Hummels (Jones)
Laporte (Rojo)
Shaw (Blind

Di Maria (Fellaini)
Strootman (Carrick)
Herrera (Mata)

Bale (Januzaj)
van Persie (Wilson)
Rooney (Ashley 'the GOAT' Young)

fucking hell we're going to win the world cup

GQman2121

Banned
Please, please let this VW money come through so we can move Schurrle back to the motherland. If we can swap him out for Cuadrado and spend less than £5m in the process we'll have won January...or some shit.

Plus, new signings are fun. Cutting dead weight is priceless.

dc89

Bloody hell, Jojo so close to scoring a fantastic goal.

Interesting to see us trying short corners, seeing as we can't take a proper corner.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sorry if old im driving and can't read the thread

Dear Liverpool GAF:

Marchisio "Cristiano Ronaldo, whom I faced last year,” he answered in both cases.

“I don't want to talk of [Diego] Maradona or Pelé as I only saw them on tape. So I'll say Ronaldo for his continuity.”

The Principino was also asked why he chose 8 as a shirt number.

“As a child I played as a striker and I dreamed of wearing the number 10, but for my role the number 8 was more appropriate. Besides, it's [Steven] Gerrard's number.

OH BABY!

And Cristina better than Messi confirmed

And all it will cost you is a boatload of money and the moral high ground to ever complain about other teams' spending ever again.

We made that money, rather than had it bequeathed to us by an oligarch/monarch.

We can damn well spend it how we want and feel good about it too, and fortunately it seems like it'll be actually invested in our football team rather than siphoned out of the club.

Jarnet87

De Gea (Valdes)

Clyne (Rafael)
Hummels (Jones)
Laporte (Rojo)
Shaw (Blind

Di Maria (Fellaini)
Strootman (Carrick)
Herrera (Mata)

Bale (Januzaj)
van Persie (Wilson)
Rooney (Ashley 'the GOAT' Young)