• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone from Netherlands gave my dad this pack of fantastic thin waffle biscuits with a caramel filling in the middle.

So it's now my favorite country in Europe.

EDIT: apparently it's stroodwafels?

Messi

Shanks are you reading this.

This is the world we live in today.

Neymar was much better last season than Suarez this season imo.

Suarez is trying too hard to please. He needs to compose himself and take some shots, do the basics etc.

Neymar was doing all of that last season. He kept stumbling with the ball and kept trying to pass to Messi instead of shooting.

Suarez joined the wrong team

His football is ridiculously high-risk, and he joined a team that would pummel him with soaps-in-socks if he ever tried the magic he was allowed to display for us. Doesn't excuse his shite finishing though.

How the fuck did I never know that Right Said Fred played for Denmark?

o3abnfi.png

They were proper maniacs. Stig Tøfting involved with Hells Angels too, he actually brought back stolen good from a museum once, to the police for a reward.
JzKGOjM.png

He was also fired from his old club after fist fighting with team mates. He headbutted a restaurant owner at a national team gathering... and then he became Gravesens right hand in Madrid, he was even there negotiating the contract with him. I can't believe Madrid signed Gravesen in the first place, and then especially after arriving with Stig Tøfting to get his contract.

Someone from Netherlands gave my dad this pack of fantastic thin waffle biscuits with a caramel filling in the middle.

So it's now my favorite country in Europe.

EDIT: apparently it's stroodwafels?

stroop, not strood m8. I had the worst diarrhea of my live only eating those (with syrup) for a whole day in Amsterdam. What a terrible time to be alive.

Hixx

series 1 of Broadchurch was better than any of this American shite

Beautiful to watch, as well. Legit. One of the prettiest TV shows ever.

FootballFan

Neymar was doing all of that last season. He kept stumbling with the ball and kept trying to pass to Messi instead of shooting.

I've said multiple times Suarez reminds me of Neymar last season, so i do agree, but I feel Suarez is doing much worse on the whole.

Neymar was still great most the time with a few bad spots, and he was 21, and it was his first season in Europe.

Suarez has not been great most the time, is in his prime and has 10 years experience in Europe.

Sure things can turn around and he could be up for a Ballon d'Or next next season but at the moment it doesnt look good.

I still believe though.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Chelsea have entered talks with Fiorentina's Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado, 26, as they prepare for the departure of Mohamed Salah, 22, or Andre Schurrle, 24, during January. (Guardian)
The Premier League leaders have increased their efforts to sign Cuadrado after having a £20.6m bid rejected on Wednesday. (Times - subscription required)
Germany winger Schurrle is set for a move back to his native country to join Wolfsburg. (Daily Express)
But Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella says there is no chance of Cuadrado moving to Stamford Bridge. (Goal.com)
Chelsea are planning a £40m move for Juventus' 21-year-old France midfielder Paul Pogba, who left Manchester United on a free transfer in 2012. (Daily Express)
Spanish side Valencia are ready to try to beat Liverpool to the signing of Manchester City and England midfielder James Milner, 29. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United have not received a single official enquiry during January about Brazilian midfielder Anderson, 26, who has not played for the club since August and is officially for sale. (Daily Mail)
United have opened discussions to sign 16-year-old Paraguayan striker Sergio Diaz from Cerro Porteno. (Tuttomercatoweb)
Swansea are looking at Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes, 24, as a potential replacement for Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Bony, 26, who has signed for Manchester City. (Daily Telegraph)
QPR want to sign Italy striker Dani Osvaldo, 29, to save them from relegation - even though Southampton loaned him out to Inter Milan after he headbutted a team-mate. (Daily Mirror)
Newcastle plan to compete with Arsenal for the signature of Ipswich's 21-year-old defender Tyrone Mings. (Daily Mail)
Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero claims the signing of striker Samuel Eto'o, 33, is being held up because "nobody can figure out who is in charge at Everton". (Sky Sport Italia)
West Brom's Greece striker Georgios Samaras, 29, is set to join Saudi Arabian side Al-Hilal on a six-month loan with a view to a permanent deal. (Express and Star, Wolverhampton)

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson and Chelsea striker Diego Costa had to be separated after confronting each other in the tunnel at the end of Tuesday's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg. (Guardian)
Manchester United's Dutch midfielder Daley Blind, 24, says that former Old Trafford full-back-turned-television pundit Gary Neville was wrong to criticise his style of play. (Daily Mail)
Newcastle face a compensation bill of more than £2m if their next permanent boss decides to remove head coach John Carver, first-team coach Steve Stone and goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman. (Newcastle Chronicle)
Carver is not up to the job of managing Newcastle, according to the club's former striker Mick Quinn. (Daily Star)
Managing director Lee Charnley has revealed that Newcastle have had 80 applicants for the vacant manager's job. (Sun - subscription required)
Portuguese forward Bebe, 24 - on loan at La Liga side Cordoba from Benfica - has admitted that he thought Manchester United were joking when they signed him for £7.4m in 2010. (Marca)
Chelsea thought they had secured the signing of Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in 2005, according to Reading manager Steve Clarke - who was Jose Mourinho's assistant at Stamford Bridge at the time. (Talksport)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling made light of Chelsea defender John Terry's bizarre tackle on him during Tuesday's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg - by posting on Instagram a mocked-up photo of the two of them in a wrestling ring.
Comedian Kevin Bridges - a Celtic fan - tweeted his delight after former Dundee United midfielder Ryan Gauld scored twice for Sporting Lisbon - even though they lost 3-2 at Belenenses in a Portuguese League Cup tie.
Former Swansea defender Chico Flores, now with Qatari club Lekhwiya, showed off his drastic new haircut on Twitter. "New style," he posted.
Huddersfield defender Anthony Gerrard has criticised the behaviour of some parents at youth football matches, tweeting: "Watching my lad's football, some of the parents are so bitter and twisted towards other kids it's unreal! Let them play and enjoy it. Wow."

AND FINALLY...
Former Chelsea and Celtic midfielder Craig Burley has had Fernando Torres' face tattooed on his arm after losing a bet that the striker would not score for Atletico Madrid against Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey. (ESPN FC)
Sheffield United had Branislav Ivanovic, David Luiz and Olivier Giroud in their predicted line-up for Wednesday's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg at Tottenham after a mistake in the Irish Independent. (Daily Mail)
Only 10% of Manchester United shirt sales happened in Manchester last year, according to a sports retail company - but Manchester City sold only 5% of their shirts in the city. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United have not received a single official enquiry during January about Brazilian midfielder Anderson, 26, who has not played for the club since August and is officially for sale. (Daily Mail)

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Elchele

the TV show? watch hannibal if you haven't seen it

lots of quality tv to go around

I watched Hannibal last year. Really good but I didn't like the end of season 2 edit: i actually didn't like S2 as a whole. Felt too slow and a bit dumb
Fargo is superb, like True Detective

FootballFan

Did you honestly think for a second that sheffield united had eight players that had exactly the same name as another member of their team

:(

Until I saw Tottenham had the same thing. Then I knew it was a glitch.

But I still don't see why it's funny if it's just a glitch.

I watched Hannibal last year. Really good but I didn't like the end of season 2

I rewatched fargo recently on bluray. Such a gr8 show.

It's no mad men though.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Hannibal last year. Really good but I didn't like the end of season 2 edit: i actually didn't like S2 as a whole. Felt too slow and a bit dumb

ngDCi9a.png

season 2 is great.

I was going to say True Detective so don't really have anything else to recommend until America sorts itself out.

I started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine again on Netflix. that's a great show.

Elchele

Bacon do you still have your dogs?

ngDCi9a.png

season 2 is great.

I was going to say True Detective so don't really have anything else to recommend until America sorts itself out.

I started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine again on Netflix. that's a great show.

Season 2 had great episodes. But as a whole it was a bit shit and a lot of the stuff and character progress didn't make any sense.

survivor

Banned
Only managed to watch the Barca game few minutes before the penalty. Can't believe Messi managed to fix his miss.

series 1 of Broadchurch was better than any of this American shite

Beautiful to watch, as well. Legit. One of the prettiest TV shows ever.
Yeah its good stuff, a shame series 2 has been shit so far.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

hello darkness my old friend

Jarnet87

Even the Brazilian clubs won't take back Ando, and they take back everyone. His contract is over at the end of this season, why would any team pay for him.

Even the Brazilian clubs won't take back Ando, and they take back everyone. His contract is over at the end of this season, why would any team pay for him.

I assume Man Utd would be happy for someone to even take him on loan and pay just half his wages. Ain't nobody got time for him though

FootballFan

Should have done the same :/

Now im here at 2:24am, drinking a bottle of water

Come to new Zealand. It is really nice hot weather here. No clouds in the sky atm. 2.26 pm. Beautiful.

Do they have robitussin there bla? It is the best cough syrup. Not that it works or anything but tastes gr8.

Blablurn

Come to new Zealand. It is really nice hot weather here. No clouds in the sky atm. 2.26 pm. Beautiful.

Do they have robitussin there bla? It is the best cough syrup. Not that it works or anything but tastes gr8.
Im sure we have smth but its nighttime lol. In hi school all our girlz wanted to go to new zealand lol. Because of lotr.

FootballFan

Im sure we have smth but its nighttime lol. In hi school all our girlz wanted to go to new zealand lol. Because of lotr.

there should be a 24/7 pharmacy somewhere mate.

Haha lotr. I haven't even seen them. 12 hours. Fuck that. Lol I can fly back to Europe in that time.

Beautiful country though m8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom