• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Dan Walker
‏@mrdanwalker
Cost of raising child to 21: approx £230,000 (via @TelegraphNews)
Manchester City wages per day: approx £500,000
#Dosh

Probably supports United.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Club is delighted to announce that Ryan Mason has signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract which runs until 2020.

Well-earned, if we hadn't brought him into the team we wouldn't be where we are. He sets the example in midfield.

FootballFan

Hey mates,

Connected my ps2 to play silent hill 2. Looking to buy some more ps2 games.

What are your favourite games and what are some games that you would consider hidden gems

Thanks in advance to anyone that bothers replying

dc89

Hey mates,

What are your favourite games and what are some games that you would consider hidden gems

Silent Hill 2 - Wooden's GOAT.

Dark Cloud
Dark Chronicle (released as Dark Cloud 2 in US)

Nyx

Hey mates,

Lucasarts's Gladius

I expect Arsenal to be in the top 5 for this season. Our shirt sponsorships are really good.

Also, if Bayern were run by me they would be first. Fuck the fans and those cheap tickets.

I expect Arsenal to be in the top 5 for this season. Our shirt sponsorships are really good.

Also, if Bayern were run by me they would be first. Fuck the fans and those cheap tickets.

It's quite unlikely.

Arsenal have added ~£45m to their turnover through the deals with Puma and Emirates. That will just about bring you level with City who will have boosted turnover themselves and still leaves you well short of all the others.

Edit - Not that it matters particularly, it's still a significant income boost and should allow Arsenal to spend more freely if they choose to.

Bold One

HSV sells the naming rights for the stadium to their investor who will go back to the old Volkspark name.

The first team anyone thought "nice" about something HSV has done in the last 30 years

Do naming rights actually make clubs that much money?

Yes.

United's turnover will be ~£400m this financial year.

Though the year after, with CL qualification, it'll probably break £500m.

That is crazy

they could have used that money for something actually useful instead

We all know HSV doesn't use money for something useful.

But jokes aside, I think you didn't understand properly. They sell the naming rights to the investor for 5 years and get 4m a season or something like that. The investor decided to give its old name back. They get just as much money as they'd do if it was called Imtech-Arena or whatever the hell its name is right now.

It's quite unlikely.

Arsenal have added ~£45m to their turnover through the deals with Puma and Emirates. That will just about bring you level with City who will have boosted turnover themselves and still leaves you well short of all the others.

Edit - Not that it matters particularly, it's still a significant income boost and should allow Arsenal to spend more freely if they choose to.

Isn't the new PL tv deal kicking in this season? I expect us to overtake Chelsea if we can finish in at least 3rd, and City are gonna lose a chunk if they don't win the league this year, same with PSG. Plus, I am hoping we advance further in the CL than the other two.

Maybe expect was the wrong word to use, but I hope we can crash the top 5.

Do naming rights actually make clubs that much money?

Not at all.

But for some companies it makes a nice incentive to buy large stock and thus gives the club a good amount of money. Like Signal-Iduna with us or Allianz with Bayern.

Son is way to good for Vizkusen. Go to Dortmund.

We have Kampl m8.

The player Leverkusen wanted to sign.

Just like Sokratis
7Pf3Sun.png

Elchele

We all know HSV doesn't use money for something useful.

But jokes aside, I think you didn't understand properly. They sell the naming rights to the investor for 5 years and get 4m a season or something like that. The investor decided to give its old name back. They get just as much money as they'd do if it was called Imtech-Arena or whatever the hell its name is right now.

ah.
do you think Zinnbauer is good/has potential?

Isn't the new PL tv deal kicking in this season? I expect us to overtake Chelsea if we can finish in at least 3rd, and City are gonna lose a chunk if they don't win the league this year, same with PSG. Plus, I am hoping we advance further in the CL than the other two.

Maybe expect was the wrong word to use, but I hope we can crash the top 5.

The new deal will will run from 2016-2019, I don't think it's actually been agreed yet but the rumours are it'll be worth £4bn for the 3 years, so a jump of a 1/3 - dat EPL.

Prize money is a pretty insignificant chunk of the pie nowadays, if City finish second they'll only lose £5m or so I think.

Arsenal should be doing better though. After being at the forefront of the PL for so long...and being based in London, the club should be richer than it is.

Peco

Hey mates,

Onimusha series
Forbidden Siren 1-2
Yakuza 1-2
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure

Labadal

Hey mates,

Final Fantasy x and XII.
Baldur's gate Dark Alliance I & II
Champions of Norrath, Norrath: Return to Arms
Suikoden V
GTA: Vice City
Ratchet & Clank 1-3
Sly Cooper 1
God of War 1 and 2
Devil May Cry 1 and 3
Okami
Grandia 2
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Devil Summoner
Wild ARMs 3
Gran Turismo 3
Yakua 1 and 2

Elchele

Isnt Fink now coaching some team in Cyprus? lol

I understand there were problems between him and the squad, but he finished in #7 in the league with HSV. That's quite an achievement. Don't see how they "afforded" to sack him

And I'm surprised nobody else signed him in the Bundesliga. He must be a proper cunt

The new deal will will run from 2016-2019, I don't think it's actually been agreed yet but the rumours are it'll be worth £4bn for the 3 years, so a jump of a 1/3 - dat EPL.

Prize money is a pretty insignificant chunk of the pie nowadays, if City finish second they'll only lose £5m or so I think.

Arsenal should be doing better though. After being at the forefront of the PL for so long...and being based in London, the club should be richer than it is.

ah ok.

Yep, it is what has always annoyed me with Wenger just kinda settling for top 4 each year. If we were winning and fighting year in and out then our sponsorship deals would be even bigger. i think Nike might regret not matching Puma now, but I don't think they expected Adidas to blow them out of the water with United.

We should really only be bigger than Chelsea. United are on another level and Man City are just ahead of us because of that joke Etihad sponsorship deal

Italy's U19s beat Belgium yesterday, and the U17s beat Spain with Conte watching.

Glad the youth teams are doing well. I have always been a firm believe that the road to winning WCs starts with the younger teams developing together.

FootballFan

Onimusha series
Forbidden Siren 1-2
Yakuza 1-2
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure

Final Fantasy x and XII.
Baldur's gate Dark Alliance I & II
Champions of Norrath, Norrath: Return to Arms
Suikoden V
GTA: Vice City
Ratchet & Clank 1-3
Sly Cooper 1
God of War 1 and 2
Devil May Cry 1 and 3
Okami
Grandia 2
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Devil Summoner
Wild ARMs 3
Gran Turismo 3
Yakua 1 and 2

Thanks guys. I have some but a lot of don't. Awesome

Dupont has the hopes and dreams of millions and millions of football fans resting on his shoulders.
God Speed.

He also has their money, which he gets to keep regardless of whether this action succeeds.

An action like this is likely to be decided at an EU level (it is only now being brought nationally) and therefore it is likely to take over a year and will likely cost between £500k to £1 million.

That's a lot of hopes and dreams. I'm surprised the clubs aren't just funding it themselves. But perhaps they're barred from doing so because they've signed an anti-suit agreement by registering for the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom