• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I am watching Maradona videos on youtube.

It's easy to go on about Messi and Ronaldo because of their goals, but what Maradona was doing in Serie A in the 80s is a whole other level. Making some of the greatest ever defenders look like nothing

Maradona was sensational. Messi is Maradona reincarnated.

Messi is a better coach than Maradona though.

panty

Silent Hill 2 - Wooden's GOAT.

Dark Cloud
Dark Chronicle (released as Dark Cloud 2 in US)

FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD FUCK YEAH DARK CLOUD

Maradona was sensational. Messi is Maradona reincarnated.

Messi is a better coach than Maradona though.

hahahaha

Do you think Messi would have been able to handle Serie A in the 80s? Man the tackling was brutal back then Maradonna was always a feisty street urchin, so it was nothing to him

PSG and City's placement in that revenue list. How exactly do they justify those figures?

I just can't see them making that much without dodgy commercial deals.

FootballFan

hahahaha

Do you think Messi would have been able to handle Serie A in the 80s? Man the tackling was brutal back then Maradonna was always a feisty street urchin.

I don't know honestly. Messi is sensationally talented. Had he been born back then, he would have grown up seeing those tackles as the norm so he likely would have been fine. But if you teleport him from today to back then, then no because he wouldn't be used to it.

Football has changed a lot. These special players are protected much more.

Players like Maradona or even further back George best took hits that would be red cards today and they played on.

The pitches, boots, athleticism of the defenders, etc have changed which makes it hard to really compare players from different eras.

I think it's fairer to say "this player was the best in the 80s." "this player was best in the last decade" etc and rank players in terms of the generation they played

PSG are pretty jokes. At least City have fed all the money in through various contracts from the Middle East.

PSG didn't bother faffing about. 200m Euros a year from the Qatar Tourism Industry. Done.

I don't know honestly. Messi is sensationally talented. Had he been born back then, he would have grown up seeing those tackles as the norm so he likely would have been fine. But if you teleport him from today to back then, then no because he wouldn't be used to it.

Players like Maradona or even further back George best took hits that would be red cards today and they played on.

The pitches, boots, athleticism of the defenders, etc have changed which makes it hard to really compare players from different eras.

I think it's fairer to say "this player was the best in the 80s." "this player was best in the last decade" etc and rank players in terms of the generation they played

But there has to be a GOAT.

And the GOAT is Messi.

Juz

So we're bidding for Gabriel Paulista apparently.

Haven't seen much of him but it can't be worse than having to play full backs at cb.

KidJr

PSG are pretty jokes. At least City have fed all the money in through various contracts from the Middle East.

PSG didn't bother faffing about. 200m Euros a year from the Qatar Tourism Industry. Done.

Basically, it's why FFP is basically a farce imo.

Arsenal will rise, but wont be top five for a while imo.

Favorite DBZ characters hmmm?? Loved Captain Ginyu, infact loved the whole Ginyu force

totti-imita-aquilani-o.gif

totti2-794130.jpg

0JZMTTYA--346x212.jpg

The true GOAT

FootballFan

^we joke and laugh but totti is fantastic, Brilliant, Incredible and all the other things we say here.

Haha Kidjr. Ginyu force. That's surprising!

So true, 80's Maradona, 90s Fran 00s Cesco 10s Totti

Basically, it's why FFP is basically a farce imo.

Arsenal will rise, but wont be top five for a while imo.

Favorite DBZ characters hmmm?? Loved Captain Ginyu, infact loved the whole Ginyu force

I love the Ginyu force.

Totti is my favourite player ever. I'll be sad when he retires :(

So far the saddest retirement has been Maldini. He was the last player to retire from when I was born. Totti might take it, the legs are starting to go, but the brilliance is still there. Will be heartbreaking to know that i won't see those little backheels anymore :(((

Believe it or not I was thinking "who the fuck is Fran. And cesc is not the best player in the 2000s." The I realised. "ohhhhh"

HAHAHA

FootballFan

That hitcher spelling of aquilani haha. You know your player wasnt great when you can't spell his name

Chygrynskiy

Edit just realised you only need to swap 2 letters Ethan
So it's not even that bad. Thought it was. ;(

Edit edit
Holy shit I spelled Chygrynskiy correctly hahahah wtf

SSN presenter just made a really unsubtle innuendo :D

'I've never had anything deflate and effect my performance'

Never seen SSN go blue before.

edit: fuck off FF, there are 2 adjacent letters switched by typo

edit2: just seen your edit. Fuck off regardless :p

dc89

Imagine it releases on my birthday

August would be sensational.

Most football leagues start in august too. What a month

Dan. An Australian footballer is named Sansbury.

Jesus Christian

I asked for MGS2 for my birthday back in the day. My birthday is Feb 6, it launched March 8. What a wait, I thought about it every day. And then... March 8th. After school, my mum took me to Blockbuster and bought it me. I remember reading the manual in the car on the drive home.
The little comic book which explained the gameplay changes (like leaning around corners and aiming). I was in heaven.

---

I have just been to Sansbury. I bought milk, chives, smoked paprika, cumin and Kid Icarus on the 3DS. £15, brand new too.

I asked for MGS2 for my birthday back in the day. My birthday is Feb 6, it launched March 8. What a wait, I thought about it every day. And then... March 8th. After school, my mum took me to Blockbuster and bought it me. I remember reading the manual in the car on the drive home.
The little comic book which explained the gameplay changes (like leaning around corners and aiming). I was in heaven.

---

I have just been to Sansbury. I bought milk, chives, smoked paprika, cumin and Kid Icarus on the 3DS. £15, brand new too.

I'm thinking of buying LoZ:ALBW again. Didn't give it much of a chance the first time, and got 2 reasonably long car journeys coming up

FootballFan

---

Fuuckkk. That would be worth the wait. Every day I have a new favourite MGS game. MGS 2 is goat. But 3 probably is. Or 1. I don't know. What a series though.

I can just imagine at the counter. Yes I would like to buy this fruit and this game pls. Sansbury sounds awesome.

March 10th was Mother's Day that year. My Mum was pissed off with me that year.

I went with my friend to the shop when he bought MGS2 and I convinced him to buy me a copy also, which he did. I've not seen him in close to 10 years now. I don't think I ever paid him back.

Yen

SSN presenter just made a really unsubtle innuendo :D

'I've never had anything deflate and effect my performance'

Never seen SSN go blue before.

edit: fuck off FF, there are 2 adjacent letters switched by typo

edit2: just seen your edit. Fuck off regardless :p
Jim White and Rihanna

FootballFan

Auto correct hitcher lol. I've only played 20 mins
Haha

What's the source for this? Who did the research and where was the data collected.

I hate these images. That could say man city 8% or 12% and it wouldnt make a difference in terms of authenticity.

What's to stop me making image showing aguero shirt sales 85% Falcao 15%.

I went with my friend to the shop when he bought MGS2 and I convinced him to buy me a copy also, which he did. I've not seen him in close to 10 years now. I don't think I ever paid him back.

You should buy phantom pain and gift it to him

Would be a nice gesture. He will buy a ps4 for it, trust me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom