• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Emilio Butragueno is in the press room now.

Watch the Ødegaard conference live here.

I have never seen a 16 year old get a press conference like this at Real Madrid. It's so unusual.

Pachimari

Q&A now.

NI1A79N.jpg

Speaking Norwegian.

miserable

Emilio Butragueno is in the press room now.

Watch the Ødegaard conference live here.

I have never seen a 16 year old get a press conference like this at Real Madrid. It's so unusual.

it's just a dick-waving move by Florentino

Footballfan is right, in 4 years he'll be playing at some low tier team

Pachimari

"Real Madrid has the best options for me to develop as a player and also off the pitch" - Ødegaard.

Emilio Butragueno: "Martin Odegaard has extraordinary talent."

Yen

I think I might have some mild form of it. I was tidying my wardrobe and have arranged all my clothes in ascending shade order and other stuff like that. Idk.

I spend too much time doing this.
You might not have ocd. You could just be weird.

Pachimari

Martin Ødegaard: "Whether I play in the first team or Real Madrid Castilla is not important. I want to develop."

Martin Ødegaard: "Barcelona? Real Madrid was the best option. I felt at home."

Jarnet87

London's biggest club

Plastic fans don't buy the jersey until after they've won the title. Just u watch them plastic blue sales rise in May m8.

I am surprised MS don't demand parity and make him post an image with him using and XB1 controller.

I'll be interested to see what the sales are for MGS5 on the Xbox. Obviously in Japan it will be about 5 copies but in the states it might not be terrible. FF13 sold a decent amount on the 360 in the US.

it's just a dick-waving move by Florentino

Footballfan is right, in 4 years he'll be playing at some low tier team

Well you never know how players will be in that age, but it's a gamble worth taking for Real and clubs like that. He does have an extreme amount of talent and when you play for your country at senior level at age 15, even if the country doesn't have the strongest national team, and isn't just there to fill in blanks but actually make a difference it says a lot about his dedication and talent.

Listened a lot to his manager from Norway on Danish football podcasts and the way he describes his training methods sounds crazy. He went there before school every morning to train, then again after school for way longer than the senior players. He works hard for it and had it written into his contract that the club couldn't limit his training.

In the big picture it's a small gamble for Real with a potentially high reward. There's nothing much for them to lose and Ødegaard will no doubt gain a lot training with the Madrid first squad, even if wont' get much game time taking some years training with those guys at his age will only be good for him.

Elchele

I think I might have some mild form of it. I was tidying my wardrobe and have arranged all my clothes in ascending shade order and other stuff like that. Idk.

I spend too much time doing this.

Yeah, I always had some weird things like that. But lately it has gotten worse
Mine is mostly about keeping everything as clean as possible. including myself, and it's fucking exhausting

Ye

Used to be pretty bad when I was younger

In what way did it "show"? If you're ok with sharing

Pachimari

It's just so unusual having this conference. Nothing for Peeters or Asencio.

Wonderkid!

Lol, one of the reporters just asked him about Cristiano or Messi.

Butragueño: "If Carlo Ancelotti wants he is available. Martin Ødegaard will train with the first in next season's preseason."

No doubt we will get to see him play with the stars this summer.

Pachimari

Press conference is over!

Also, it seems Real Madrid is close to getting a contract to broadcast Real Madrid Castilla games on TV. Seems like the club is fascinated with the idea of seeing Ødegaard, Asencio, Peeters and all those talents being coached by Zidane.

Plastic fans don't buy the jersey until after they've won the title. Just u watch them plastic blue sales rise in May m8.

I'll be interested to see what the sales are for MGS5 on the Xbox. Obviously in Japan it will be about 5 copies but in the states it might not be terrible. FF13 sold a decent amount on the 360 in the US.

I can't believe I am gonna say this, but I hope it sells really well on the Xbox. I just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy the game. Kojima never rushes a games development and he wants it be as perfect a game as he can make. The story might be a mess a time for those who just pick up the game, but he never just sits back and enjoys the success of what made the previous game good. He is always trying to enhance the gameplay and no two games in the series feel the same to me, Although I am sure TPP will be the same as GZ except on a bigger scale.

I hope it sells great on all four platforms, I don't think any other developer deserves it more than him.

Hixx

I have Odegaard for Spurs on my FM game and he can't even get into the team over Eriksen and Dembele who have become GOAT CMs for me.

Yeah, I always had some weird things like that. But lately it has gotten worse
Mine is mostly about keeping everything as clean as possible. including myself, and it's fucking exhausting

In what way did it "show"? If you're ok with sharing

Rituals which took out a few hours of my day like rebrushing my teeth, cleaning my eyes, washing my hands, that kind of stuff. I've had it for as long as I remember, but it didn't get serious till someone pointed it out to me and I started obsessing over it.

The rituals have gone for the most part, obsessive thoughts still linger though.

Re reading books has probably helped my studies too!

Elchele

Rituals which took out a few hours of my day like rebrushing my teeth, cleaning my eyes, washing my hands, that kind of stuff. I've had it for as long as I remember, but it didn't get serious till someone pointed it out to me and I started obsessing over it.

The rituals have gone for the most part, obsessive thoughts still linger though.

Re reading books has probably helped my studies too!

Sounds similar to my case.
did you get any treatment/therapy at any point?

Press conference is over!

Also, it seems Real Madrid is close to getting a contract to broadcast Real Madrid Castilla games on TV. Seems like the club is fascinated with the idea of seeing Ødegaard, Asencio, Peeters and all those talents being coached by Zidane.

That's actually a smart idea.

I think there should be better access to viewing youth games on TV. Atm it's hidden behind club specific TV channels which require expensive subscription.

There's potentially a decent market out there for it. I always wonder if they could make it really big like with college football in America.

Danchi

It seems like Martin Ødegaard will be presented in just 45 minutes.

Lucas Silva is also getting closer to a Real Madrid deal.

Kinda curious signings for me. Odegaard will get plenty of playing time in the Castilla team (whether that's a higher level than the Norwegian league, I dunno), but in three-four years when he's looking to make the step up think of what's going to be in front of him? It's not like it will be an older version of what they have now. Real are always going to be buying the best attacking talent every year.

Lucas Silva is also interesting. He stands out in a decent Cruzeiro team, but a move to Portugal and then a move to a bigger team seems like a more logical progression. I imagine he'll be loaned out to Benfica or Porto. He was linked to Arsenal too and while I've only seen him play three times he definitely plays more of the Xabi Alonso role than the DM Arsenal need. He looked for a long diagonal ball to the fullback pretty much every time rather than a simple side-pass to keep possession. He also isn't afraid to take long - really long- shots that have a one in a million chance to going in.

Plasma

Banned
I have Odegaard for Spurs on my FM game and he can't even get into the team over Eriksen and Dembele who have become GOAT CMs for me.

How many seasons you in? I've been playing him regularly for the past three seasons and he's one of my best players now.

Sounds similar to my case.
did you get any treatment/therapy at any point?

A few years ago, yea.

Helped to combat the rituals but it pushed the obsessive thoughts to the forefront which was even worse imo.

Stopped treatment because it was too draining
Though a lot of people get relief from it of that's what you're after

Pachimari

Kinda curious signings for me. Odegaard will get plenty of playing time in the Castilla team (whether that's a higher level than the Norwegian league, I dunno), but in three-four years when he's looking to make the step up think of what's going to be in front of him? It's not like it will be an older version of what they have now. Real are always going to be buying the best attacking talent every year.

Lucas Silva is also interesting. He stands out in a decent Cruzeiro team, but a move to Portugal and then a move to a bigger team seems like a more logical progression. I imagine he'll be loaned out to Benfica or Porto. He was linked to Arsenal too and while I've only seen him play three times he definitely plays more of the Xabi Alonso role than the DM Arsenal need. He looked for a long diagonal ball to the fullback pretty much every time rather than a simple side-pass to keep possession. He also isn't afraid to take long - really long- shots that have a one in a million chance to going in.

The last details on the negotiations with Cruzeiro apparently were taken care of yesterday. If Lucas Silva joins us this month, then he will not go out on loan. He will replace Illarra directly.

3Sixty

If your 16 year old wonderkid didn't come from Southampton academy you might as well be prepared for disappointment now.

Elchele

A few years ago, yea.

Helped to combat the rituals but it pushed the obsessive thoughts to the forefront which was even worse imo.

Stopped treatment because it was too draining
Though a lot of people get relief from it of that's what you're after

I'll give it a try at least. This shit gets worse when I have nothing to do, because the obsessive thoughts come right in. When I'm busy and somewhat happy they fade away.

I think that is lost on a lot of young Brazilian players these days. They are hyped up so much and then go to Big European clubs and then flop. Romario, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, and Ronaldo all started off small and then made the big leap. Only two who really made it at a big club straight away are Kaka and Neymar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom