• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Hagi - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySocJA08eM

jBX8nGI.png

florentino-perez1.jpeg

Say what you want about Perez (I'll eat my own crow) but his policy of signing galactico's work. Mostly because he's not as irresponsible as we think. Money goes out, money comes in. Glad to have him as our president.

AVB used that treatment while he was here, on Defoe I think. First Madrid steal our players now our medical secrets.

Don't think this is too experimental.

Many athletes do it (even though it could be considered illegal) and AVB was open about using it too, I think.

Dat special relationship.

Ahh I knew it was used in the past but I was not aware AVB used it. I think Armstrong used it as well when he was being taken care of in Spain.

florentino-perez1.jpeg

Say what you want about Perez (I'll eat my own crow) but his policy of signing galactico's work. Mostly because he's not as irresponsible as we think. Money goes out, money comes in. Glad to have him as our president.

....to be honest I don't actually think it's economically viable. I think Real can have some financial trouble in a few years.

inky

A friend of mine burned his Figo shirt when that happened, LOL.

....to be honest I don't actually think it's economically viable. I think Real can have some financial trouble in a few years.

They'll get to save some money once their ban for kidnapping kids comes into effect too.

florentino-perez1.jpeg

Well Ed Woodward is essentially trying to copy this model, so there's probably some basis to it.

Rikkun

florentino-perez1.jpeg

Can you smell that Spanish banks money?

I do.

Well Ed Woodward is essentially trying to copy this model, so there's probably some basis to it.

United is so big as a franchise in Asia they can do whatever the fuck they want to.

To confirm my statement from the other day that the Daily Express is as bad as Metro, the Express has now done their own article running a Football Manager simulation of what transfers will happen in January.

Christ.

To confirm my statement from the other day that the Daily Express is as bad as Metro, the Express has now done their own article running a Football Manager simulation of what transfers will happen in January.

Christ.

Amateurs. They need to do both a Fifa, PES and FM simulation and compare the result, for accuracy.

Remember when Costa used Horse Placenta? lol

So did RVP, Kompany, Zabaleta, Riera, Danko Lazović, Benayoun and De Jong... and probably lots more that didn't make it out in public. As RVP said:

"I am going to try. It cannot hurt"

If you're desperate for a match why not try. Not like money matters to them.

Blablurn

So did RVP, Kompany, Zabaleta, Riera, Danko Lazović, Benayoun and De Jong... and probably lots more that didn't make it out in public.

As RVP said

"I am going to try. It cannot hurt"

If you're desperate for a match why not try. Not like money matters to them.

Your knowledge about football is incredible.

inky

Christ.

Especially because FM has crap transfer parameters anyway. Teams don't behave like their real life counterparts, using their economic power to get superstars for exorbitant prices, or other challenger teams pulling amazing prospects from South America to develop them, then sell them, etc. After a while, it's always on you to try and develop as many kids as you can, then offer them to big clubs just so they keep up.

It's actually one of the worse things about FM. A decade in, every big team is left behind because they don't spend or develop. That's why most people prefer the challenge of starting with a lower division team. At least that evens the field a bit more on the long run and prolongs the life of the game.

Scottify

Could an English footy fan explain to me how the Football Conference works? I know it's a lower rung, but if a team wins the Conference do they get promoted to the League 2 or is it wholly separate from the Sky Bet Football Leagues? I couldn't find an answer.

KidJr

Could an English footy fan explain to me how the Football Conference works? I know it's a lower rung, but if a team wins the Conference do they get promoted to the League 2 or is it wholly separate from the Sky Bet Football Leagues? I couldn't find an answer.

Premier League (level 1, 20 teams): The bottom three teams are relegated.
Football League Championship (level 2, 24 teams): Top two automatically promoted; next four compete in the playoffs, with the winner gaining the third promotion spot. The bottom three are relegated.
Football League One (level 3, 24 teams): Top two are automatically promoted; next four compete in playoffs, with the winner gaining the third promotion spot. The bottom four are relegated.
Football League Two (level 4, 24 teams): Top three teams are automatically promoted; next four compete in playoffs, with the winner gaining the fourth promotion spot. The bottom two are relegated.
Conference Premier (level 5, 24 teams): The champions are promoted; next four compete in playoffs, with the winner gaining the second promotion spot. The bottom four are relegated to either North or South division as appropriate.
Conference North and Conference South (level 6, 22 teams each, running in parallel): The champions in each division are automatically promoted; next four teams in each division compete in playoffs, with the playoff winner in each division getting the second promotion spot. The bottom three teams in each division relegated to either Northern Premier League, Southern League or Isthmian League as appropriate. If, after promotion and relegation, the number of teams in the North and South divisions are not equal, one or more teams are transferred between the two divisions to even them up again.
Northern Premier League Premier Division, Southern Football League Premier Division and Isthmian League Premier Division (level 7, 24 teams each, running in parallel): The champions in each division are automatically promoted; next four teams in each division compete in playoffs, with the playoff winner in each division getting the second promotion spot. The bottom four teams in each division relegated to a level 8 division as appropriate. If, after promotion and relegation, the number of teams in the divisions are not equal, one or more teams are transferred between the three divisions to even them up again.
Northern Premier League Division One North, Northern Premier League Division One South, Southern Football League Division One Central, Southern Football League Division One South & West, Isthmian League Division One North and Isthmian League Division One South (level 8, running in parallel, 22 teams in each of the Northern Premier League and Southern Football League level 8 divisions, and 24 teams in each Isthmian League level 8 division): The champions in each division are automatically promoted; next four teams in each division compete in playoffs, with the playoff winner in each division getting the second promotion spot. The bottom two teams in each Northern Premier League and Southern Football League level 8 division and the bottom three teams in each Isthmian League level 8 division are relegated to a level 9 division as appropriate. If, after promotion and relegation, the number of teams in the divisions are not equal, one or more teams are transferred between the divisions to even them up again.

3Sixty

1 team promoted as champions and 1 from play offs.

Straight into league 2.

Holy shit
That photo is fantastic
I want to be him
And a music video
A song called gäy
Will listen to when I get home

Sensational

No their band is called that. They got it tattoed in Belgrade too, something they apparently didn't appreciate in the night life there.
dUlMFSY.png

Jarnet87

I know. I obviously googled it, because I only remembered RVP and some City players. But I never got people making such a big deal out of Costa trying it.

I remember Simeone starting Diego Costa like an idiot in the Champions league final. He had no chance of being fit or staying fit, ended up costing him a sub late in the game when they desperately needed fresh legs.

Meier

PSG and City's placement in that revenue list. How exactly do they justify those figures?

I just can't see them making that much without dodgy commercial deals.

City have an absolutely massive number of commercial partners that add up. Really goofy ones come on board every few weeks. Last week was DJI Holdings who are now the "Official Lottery Partner" in China. Obviously a good bit of cash comes from UAE entities as well.

Didn't UEFA value the deals at less than what was paid for, That is why they failed FFP.

complete joke contracts

PSG's Qatar contract that Viva mentioned was not honored at its full amount. City failed FFP because of differing opinions about the rules interpretations from contracts signed before 2010. City thought they could fight it in court and win but didn't feel like it was worth the hassle and just accepted the fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom