• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Brings a tear to my eye.

Brotherly love.

That is what Freewheelin' will always be to me.

A person who is 100% loyal and loves his family. He puts up with Wilbur's stories and pictures in whatsapp, he gets beat up by Lloyd etc yet he can't force himself to watch his TV Show knowing his brother will miss out. It pains him too much and he wants to share the laughs with his brother.

:')

What a great person.

Yen

CheapMaleAntelopegroundsquirrel.gif

Just remembered, before Ex Machina there was an ad for Mortdecai, with Johnny Depp explaining the premise of the film, except he had the tone and enthusiasm of a man who just consumed a kilo of valium.

Jarnet87

Just got done watching the United game. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

-Jones, Valencia, and Januzaj look more suited to be playing for Cambridge United then Manchester United.
- we are still afraid to play through the middle of the pitch. Why bother with 2 strikers out there. just play 4-6-0.
- teams sit back and use their strength and height to easily defend against our "wide play", this hasn't changed in 5 years.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Brotherly love.

<3

We have very similar tastes in film and TV (though I dont like Bad Boys 2 as much as he does :lol) which is great.

Jimmy Stewart is great here. Those gay undertones.

Hitchcock's best is Notorious with Cary Grant, Claude Rains and Ingrid Bergman. It's like a Bond movie grounded in reality.

Yeah, Stewart is a great actor. I haven't seen a lot of Hitch's films, this makes me sad :(

Notorious isn't in this boxset I have, will have to track it down. Though isn't North By Northwest basically his Bond film?

Clegg

Januzaj has his flaws. Slows the game down at times when he needs to speed it up and is sometimes too greedy. But he was ok tonight. Put in some nice through balls and was one of the few United players to take in his marker and beat him. Was probably our best player tonight, not like that means much though.

Just got done watching the United game. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

-Jones, Valencia, and Januzaj look more suited to be playing for Cambridge United then Manchester United.
- we are still afraid to play through the middle of the pitch. Why bother with 2 strikers out there. just play 4-6-0.
- teams sit back and use their strength and height to easily defend against our "wide play", this hasn't changed in 5 years.

You're blind old man. Out of all the players you complain about him?

ikvnMO3EqTWG7.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cristiano Ronaldo joined Manchester United and not Arsenal because of the cost of building the Emirates stadium meant they could not afford him, according to a new biography of the Portuguese superstar's agent, Jorge Mendes.

:(

Wilbur

Banned
I haven't watched the game yet, was out tonight and out all day tomorrow/Sunday

Probably not worth me watching, is it?

Well I didn't really laugh that much, apart from one or two scenes :lol

I didn't laugh once at the Heartbreak Kid but its nominally a comedy isnt it m8

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, Stewart is a great actor. I haven't seen a lot of Hitch's films, this makes me sad :(

Notorious isn't in this boxset I have, will have to track it down. Though isn't North By Northwest basically his Bond film?

Northy By Northwest is kind of Bond-y. But Grant is much, much more suave in Notorious.

Look at this motherfucker...

zykncs.gif

The entire movie is available on Youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXM7dC9PoQ

All four of his Hitchcock movies are very, very good but I think this is their best.

Suspicion is also fantastic; however, it has one of the most anticlimactic endings ever. They had to drop the ending that the novel uses because they didn't think the public could handle seeing Cary Grant be a
murder

All Gaal icons are shit, it's simply impossible to determine where to properly cut off the icon, as he got chins and bits and pieces of skin hanging from everywhere. I've tried.

Wilbur

Banned
0-0 vos a fourth division side.

What do you think Nathaniel Wilburhodes
37bniNY.png

Bad, and should have won, but I never underestimate lower league sides at home. Always up for it.

We'll win 2-0 at home and they'll get to play at Old Trafford. Not fussed about the result. Performances are what need improving.

pulga

Banned
Bad, and should have won, but I never underestimate lower league sides at home. Always up for it.

We'll win 2-0 at home and they'll get to play at Old Trafford. Not fussed about the result. Performances are what need improving.

I was responding to whether you should bother watching it or not, I didn't actually want your opinion m8

ITS A RESOUNDING NO

Scum

Januzaj has his flaws. Slows the game down at times when he needs to speed it up and is sometimes too greedy. But he was ok tonight. Put in some nice through balls and was one of the few United players to take in his marker and beat him. Was probably our best player tonight, not like that means much though.

Just send him Southampton already.

7 players for 3 spots in the mid.

1422048516_extras_portada_0.jpg

WWCD?

Give us Modric and the problem lessens.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has hinted that defender Sergio Ramos, 28, who is reportedly wanted by Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City, is on the verge of signing a new deal at the Bernabeu. (Daily Star)
Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea's agent has hinted that the 24-year-old Spaniard could move to Real Madrid in the summer. (Sun - subscription only)
West Brom are keen on signing winger Bakary Sako, 26, from fierce Black Country rivals Wolves in what would be the first player to make the switch since Paul Edwards 21 years ago. (Birmingham Mail)
Liverpool have received a boost in their pursuit of Paris St-Germain striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, 29, with the French champions ready to let him leave this month. (Metro)
Arsenal are keen to sign Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi, 24, in the summer, but the Spanish giants want to recoup most of the £24m they paid Real Sociedad for his services in 2013. (Marca - in Spanish)
But Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has crushed Arsenal's hopes of signing him after insisting Illarramendi remains part of his plans. (Metro)

OTHER GOSSIP
Cristiano Ronaldo joined Manchester United and not Arsenal because of the cost of building the Emirates stadium meant they could not afford him, according to a new biography of the Portuguese superstar's agent, Jorge Mendes. (Daily Telegraph)
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, has dropped a hint he could be heading for Real Madrid rather than Manchester United or Chelsea by revealing he is learning Spanish. (Daily Express)
West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison, 21, is considering offers to move overseas when his contract expires at the end of the season. (Guardian)
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has fined winger Jack Grealish, 19, for posting a message on Twitter reading: "Can't wait to be happy playing football again," alongside a photo of himself smiling while on loan at Notts County last season. (Daily Mail)
Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini says he does not take the FA Cup lightly despite arriving back from warm weather training in Abu Dhabi just 24 hours before their FA Cup fourth round tie with Middlesbrough on Saturday. (Daily Telegraph)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Middlesbrough midfielder Adam Clayton, 26, returns to his first club Manchester City in Saturday's FA Cup fourth round and tweets an image of his first ever professional training kit, which he has had framed.
Daniel Sturridge's goal celebration has seemingly left its mark on some of the Arsenal players after midfielder Jack Wilshere, 23, attempted to copy the Liverpool striker's arm-waving jig on Arsenal's official Instagram account while doing a Q&A.

AND FINALLY...
Bradford City midfielder Billy Knott, 22, is so desperate to get his hands on John Terry's shirt in their FA Cup clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday that the former Blues' trainee has contacted ex-team-mate Josh McEachran and asked him to speak to Terry to see if he will give him his shirt at the final whistle. (Daily Star)
Police have been called to Manchester City's training ground 31 times in five years for incidents that include youths spotted with a javelin. (Daily Mail)

Fintan

Ralph Fiennes didn't get an Oscar nomination for GBH.

The mind boggles.
I'm just happy enough to see a Wes Anderson movie get some many nominations. He's been making great movies for 20 years. But yeah, I would have nominated Fiennes ahead of Cooper, Redmayne or Cumberbatch.

Northy By Northwest is kind of Bond-y. But Grant is much, much more suave in Notorious.

Look at this motherfucker...

zykncs.gif

The entire movie is available on Youtube as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXM7dC9PoQ

All four of his Hitchcock movies are very, very good but I think this is their best.

Suspicion is also fantastic; however, it has one of the most anticlimactic endings ever. They had to drop the ending that the novel uses because they didn't think the public could handle seeing Cary Grant be a
murder

Damn, dat swag. Thanks, will check it out!

Walshy

Ralph Fiennes didn't get an Oscar nomination for GBH.

The mind boggles.
Bradley Cooper did for American Sniper, which whilst he was the only decent thing about that shitty movie, he certainly didn't deserve a nod over Fiennes.

I still think Damien Chazelle for Whiplash should of got a best director nod too.

wedward

I wish I had liked Grand Budapest Hotel more. Was bored the whole time.

Need to rewatch. May have been tired that day. My blood sugar may have been low. I am searching for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom