• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Northy By Northwest is kind of Bond-y. But Grant is much, much more suave in Notorious.

Look at this motherfucker...

zykncs.gif

JDsIANu.png

Wilbur

Banned
Bradley Cooper did for American Sniper, which whilst he was the only decent thing about that shitty movie, he certainly didn't deserve a nod over Fiennes.

I still think Damien Chazelle for Whiplash should of got a best director nod too.

Agreed on both

Clegg

The nominations for GBH are just an overdue recognition of Anderson's brilliant output over the last 15 years. Think the Academy realised they'd fucked up ignoring him for as long as they did. Moonrise Kingdom had a solitary Oscar nom for best screenplay in the same year Argo won best picture. That just isn't right.

Scum

good evening scum

Saw the match on TV at the bar. Thought it was Irish league. Many laughs happened after I realised. Then I went back to my Jamisons and ginger

lol

Upsets happen And many would have put money on Man Utd to win but the performance was the shocking part. Viva would not have been pleased. At all.

Jarnet87

What have I done, I recently reinstalled EQ Titanium and patched it to play on Project 99. After stopping for a bit and then the emulator launcher not working I felt it was for my own good. But the itch came back, it always does. Now I'm playing again, fearing deaths, thinking about plat, reading threads and watching P99 streamers.

Clegg

I was looking forward to the Mortdecai movie until I saw the trailer. Looks terrible. Bot the casting completely wrong too. Charlie Mortdecai is a little fat man with a moustache.

Thankfully it prompted me to start a reread of the series. Genuinely my favourite set of novels. Mortdecai is a vivacious old bastard.

Salazar

I was looking forward to the Mortdecai movie until I saw the trailer. Looks terrible. Bot the casting completely wrong too. Charlie Mortdecai is a little fat man with a moustache.

Thankfully it prompted me to start a reread of the series. Genuinely my favourite set of novels. Mortdecai is a vivacious old bastard.

Aye. Better to have no film at all. Charlie is more reptile bastard than buffoon.

GQman2121

Banned
The only interesting thing about Mortdecai is that it's rated R. There was nothing in the trailer that led me to believe that this is a rated R type of movie.

Salazar

The only interesting thing about Mortdecai is that it's rated R. There was nothing in the trailer that led me to believe that this is a rated R type of movie.

Depp or someone presumably heard or read a mention of Wodehouse in connection with the novels. The main connection is, however, the style. The attention to comic possibilities in the English prose sentence.

Mortdecai is not fucking Wooster. No more than McNulty is Javert.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

From what they're saying in the OT thread, the movie doesn't even have anything rated R in it except for some language.

Meier

From what they're saying in the OT thread, the movie doesn't even have anything rated R in it except for some language.
Bummer. I had the same exact thought as GQ. The R-rating made me moderately curious since it looked like a G-rated film.

jts

...hate me...
Lol. Still haven't lost any from my initial 100$ investment.

NBA is kinda fun and easy. Lots of games all week
Some months ago or so I "invested" €100 and got a 100% deposit bonus. Total 200.

Then I got to 300, eventually 400. With lots of ups and downs.

Then I wanted to keep that rate going and started taking stupid risks on games I wasn't confident in. Started to lose my patience, not checking properly the rules of some promotional in-play free bets etc.

Was on 230 something and needed to bet 80 more to complete the necessary rollover to withdraw my bonus so I just said fuck it and bet those 80 on Atletico against Barça to win since they were offering nice odds.

Moral of the story is I withdrew 150. Meh. Could be worse.

If a new deposit bonus promotion comes along maybe I'll be up for it again.

edit: I now shit all about NBA so no betting on that for me.

Lightning

Banned
Have a bad feeling that a lower league team are going to knock a top half PL team out of the cup this weekend. Please not us. Really don't want to lose.

Blablurn

You should sell your games and preorder Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

You, me, Shank, Farid and kida can be the new z warriors.

If Im lucky I will get the review code.

For some random reason I watched Dragonball on TV yesterday. The final of the big tournament. Goku vs Tenshinhan. That was epic as shit.

FootballFan

If Im lucky I will get the review code.

For some random reason I watched Dragonball on TV yesterday. The final of the big tournament. Goku vs Tenshinhan. That was epic as shit.

Hopefully.

Man, I love the tournaments in Dragon Ball. So good.

Edit
It's still on tv there? Fantastic.

Dbz is on here usually every 6 months or so lol.

My arm is dead, I remember spending a solid week when i was 15 or so during my summer vacation trying to beat Solidus in MGS2's torture scene on European extreme. Never did it :(((

Have Man Utd's new signings been better than ours?

Taking injuries into account, none of them seem to have made much of a positive contribution

I have no doubt that Shaw and Di Maria will prove to be very good buys though

edit: Valdes as well I guess

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm just happy enough to see a Wes Anderson movie get some many nominations. He's been making great movies for 20 years. But yeah, I would have nominated Fiennes ahead of Cooper, Redmayne or Cumberbatch.

Ralph Fiennes didn't get an Oscar nomination for GBH.

The mind boggles.
I have absolutely NO IDEA why Cooper got nominated for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom