• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Cheers guys
p1kx90C.png

That's why Salah was playing, so Roma wouldn't be scared off.
IO0pqxZ.png

Papers are suggesting both Shirley and Salah are going... do you think it would happen? I mean, the suggestion is that Shirley is definitely being sold its just a matter of whether its in January or the summer... in that case why not try to sell now?

Linked with Cuadrado, Douglas Costa and Enner Valencia (as back-up) and one paper suggested we were looking to get 2 out of the 3. I can't see us doing two deals though I really think if we lose both we should be signing another central midfielder... I don't think we need 4 players for 2 positions especially as we have Remy.

jts

...hate me...
Just turned around a 3-1 to a 4-3 in the second half of the last game of the season against a Div 1 bloke, needed a win to get promoted
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

GQman2121

Banned
Papers are suggesting both Shirley and Salah are going... do you think it would happen? I mean, the suggestion is that Shirley is definitely being sold its just a matter of whether its in January or the summer... in that case why not try to sell now?

Linked with Cuadrado, Douglas Costa and Enner Valencia (as back-up) and one paper suggested we were looking to get 2 out of the 3. I can't see us doing two deals though I really think if we lose both we should be signing another central midfielder... I don't think we need 4 players for 2 positions especially as we have Remy.

I think Schurrle and Salah only go if we can lock up either Cuadrado or Doug Costa. Mou has said as much this over the last week. And it would take a decent offer from one of the German clubs who have been rumored to have interest in Schurrle for us to sell.

You know I want them both out. However, I do agree that they can't be sold unless their replacement is a certainty. Just over a week left to work so anything can happen.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Viola will only let Cuadrado go if you guys pay up his €35m buy-out fee

and that clause expires during the last few days of the transfer window, welp.

I think Schurrle and Salah only go if we can lock up either Cuadrado or Doug Costa. Mou has said as much this over the last week. And it would take a decent offer from one of the German clubs who have been rumored to have interest in Schurrle for us to sell.

You know I want them both out. However, I do agree that they can't be sold unless their replacement is a certainty. Just over a week left to work so anything can happen.

I want Schurrle to be a success but I just don't think he will be and we can't afford to be carrying anyone at this stage (which we are doing in attacking and central midfield) where despite on paper looking like we have a decent amount of depth, we just have players who aren't playing because they quite frankly aren't good enough.

It seems to be that Salah and/or Schurrle will go and then we will replace them not we sign anyone else and then they can go... I think we will have no trouble getting Douglas Costa if we really want him.

I think if can't get a deal done for Douglas Costa or Enner Valencia we will just pay it. The impression I got is that our offer wasn't far off £26m~ but £6m was clauses. I really would prefer Cuadrado :(

GQman2121

Banned

I honestly think we'll pay it. But only if Wolfsburg pay the rumored £20m for Schurrle. A difference of £6-7m for Cuadrado is enough for us to do business.

Salah can go to Italy for a pint of Guinness for all I care.

K1LLER7

Good. Huge respect for him but his career's over at the top level. Surprised he's going there to be honest.
Reported to be a 3 and a half year deal. (Times)

Was a great player. Shame he never reached the levels of 2009/10 again but defo time for him to move on.

GQman2121

Banned
I want Schurrle to be a success but I just don't think he will be and we can't afford to be carrying anyone at this stage (which we are doing in attacking and central midfield) where despite on paper looking like we have a decent amount of depth, we just have players who aren't playing because they quite frankly aren't good enough.

It seems to be that Salah and/or Schurrle will go and then we will replace them not we sign anyone else and then they can go... I think we will have no trouble getting Douglas Costa if we really want him.

I think if can't get a deal done for Douglas Costa or Enner Valencia we will just pay it. The impression I got is that our offer wasn't far off £26m~ but £6m was clauses. I really would prefer Cuadrado :(

With the situation in the Ukraine right now, I think any of their players can be had at a fair price.

I too prefer Cuadrado though.

Wilbur

Banned
Would be delighted if we signed a centre back. Got too many brain dead cunts back there.

When's the fifth round draw? Tomorrow?

Clegg

Wonder if we'll go for Depay this summer.

Probably not as I think we're covered for left wingers. Would be a good player to get though.

Portugeezer

Apparently this ref fucked over Iran in a match. Some of the insults are amazing

http://i.imgur.com/ZWLjM5N.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AemQiqK.jpg[img]
[img]https://scontent-a-hkg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10481574_10153685803988018_5230573142150013010_n.jpg?oh=506d594674be0da784b0b8cb6861800e&oe=5563CD8E[img]

Eat my penis. Judging by the phallus[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/0338_nlmv.gif

Wonder if we'll go for Depay this summer.

Probably not as I think we're covered for left wingers. Would be a good player to get though.

Having one competent winger equals being covered for left wingers (or any wing for that matter).

Hang on right there and I'll grab a shotgun so I can end both our pain.

Wilbur

Banned
We also have Di Maria and Januzaj.

Depending on the tactics implemented they could easily play in the wings.

They aren't left wingers though.

That's like saying Carrick and Blind are centre backs because they can do a passable job there on occasion.

Watching the Chelsea - Bradford highlights... Who the fuck is Cahill marking at the second Bradford goal, Christ. Instead it creates a situation where Azpilicueta has to leave a guy on the fat post, to mark a guy further into the center.

pulga

Banned
They aren't left wingers though.

That's like saying Carrick and Blind are centre backs because they can do a passable job there on occasion.

Why aren't you people using Di Maria in a b2b role already, like Carlo did and where Di Maria has played his best football ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom