• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Judging by the phallus

My chest hurts so much

I don't know if I can watch these last scenes in lotr

I will cry

I know I will

pulga

Banned
Was playing really well in a diamond before he got injured.

Please treat him with care, he's a wonderful human bean.

tumblr_nau8oktfjO1rpl5x5o1_500.gif

Clegg

They aren't left wingers though.

That's like saying Carrick and Blind are centre backs because they can do a passable job there on occassion.
That's not a great comparison. Both players have spent significant portions of their careers playing on the flanks. It's not an occasional position for either.

If we're going to play with wingers then Di Maria would be the obvious choice for the left. United can't have it every way. Play with two wide players then you take a midfielder out of the side. That means Di Maria playing through the middle isn't an option. Or you take a striker out from there, let AdM play through the middle and stick Januzaj there. At this stage Adnan is a wide player and he'll be out there for quite a while as there at least two #10's ahead of him. I don't really see a need for Depay. A right winger is a completely different story though.

We're covered for players playing on the left side. That's what I'm trying to say. Central midfielders and central defenders are a much more pressing concern. We can easily get by with one of those playing on the left. Wide players just aren't much of a concern right now.

FootballFan

The unibrow bros in Always Sunny fucking kill me

The blondie when he loses it and yells :lol

Mcpoyles are fantastic haha.

Good to see you, fw and Wilbur are liking it. I love it

Tbh I Doubt I'll get it. Only DBZ games i've really enjoyed are the RPG games thatit for GBA/DS, years back.

Think Monster Hunter 4G is out in the same month too. Will be getting that for sure.

You're skipping out on Dragon Ball for monster hunter? Jesus Christian.

The gba games were sensational though.

Wilbur

Banned
That's not a great comparison. Both players have spent significant portions of their careers playing on the flanks. It's not an occasional position for either.

If we're going to play with wingers then Di Maria would be the obvious choice for the left. United can't have it every way. Play with two wide players then you take a midfielder out of the side. That means Di Maria playing through the middle isn't an option. Or you take a striker out from there, let AdM play through the middle and stick Januzaj there. At this stage Adnan is a wide player and he'll be out there for quite a while as there at least two #10's ahead of him. I don't really see a need for Depay. A right winger is a completely different story though.

We're covered for players playing on the left side. That's what I'm trying to say. Central midfielders and central defenders are a much more pressing concern. We can easily get by with one of those playing on the left. Wide players just aren't much of a concern right now.

Why would we definitely need a right winger but not a left, considering both ADM and Januzaj are better on the right?

Just turned around a 3-1 to a 4-3 in the second half of the last game of the season against a Div 1 bloke, needed a win to get promoted
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

I did that same comeback from 3-1 to 4-3 once in Online Seasons/H2H. Guy disconnected immediately after I scored the 4th goal. I bet he was trying that bullshit where I get the loss even though I'm leading or it shows up as a draw because the goal hasn't registered on the server yet. Thankfully this time I actually got the points and got my promotion to Division 1.

Clegg

Why would we definitely need a right winger but not a left, considering both ADM and Januzaj are better on the right?
Tbh I don't think either are better on the right. Di Maria is very one footed and it becomes obvious what he's gonna do in those positions. Brilliant crosser though so he has that going for him. As for Adnan, I don't think there's any discernible difference between right or left. If anything playing on the left would be better because he wouldn't cut in and shoot all the time. He's too greedy with the ball. Or maybe he's just trying too hard to impress. Either way it amounts to the same waste in the end.

pulga

Banned

Di Maria's biggest contribution in his career has been on the left wing though

MMD_323670_gif_gol_de_bale_en_la_prorroga_asi_amortizamos_los_100_millones.gif

What I'm saying is, he's wonderful there as well <3 Stop fucking around with him :mad:

Wilbur

Banned
Tbh I don't think either are better on the right. Di Maria is very one footed and it becomes obvious what he's gonna do in those positions. Brilliant crosser though so he has that going for him. As for Adnan, I don't think there's any discernible difference between right or left. If anything playing on the left would be better because he wouldn't cut in and shoot all the time. He's too greedy with the ball. Or maybe he's just trying too hard to impress. Either way it amounts to the same waste in the end.

Di Maria's biggest contribution in his career has been on the left wing though

MMD_323670_gif_gol_de_bale_en_la_prorroga_asi_amortizamos_los_100_millones.gif

What I'm saying is, he's wonderful there as well <3 Stop fucking around with him :mad:

Well, ADM played on the right at Madrid most of the time didn't he? Ronaldo on the left, Bale taking his place. I would rather play him there, and I'd rather play Januzaj there too where he can cut inside.

K1LLER7

Herrera needs to play more. Forget wingers.

Dragovic looks decent on Youtube. Then again he's playing in some next league that even Smalling would look good in. Looks comfortable on the ball which is great as our only CB good on the ball is Rojo.

jts

...hate me...
I did that same comeback from 3-1 to 4-3 once in Online Seasons/H2H. Guy disconnected immediately after I scored the 4th goal. I bet he was trying that bullshit where I get the loss even though I'm leading or it shows up as a draw because the goal hasn't registered on the server yet. Thankfully this time I actually got the points and got my promotion to Division 1.
Never got that BS happening to me, although I've had those kind of quick disconnections after goals.

Actually, even if the game is tied and the other guy disconnects, I still get the win. Just happened recently, the game was barely starting. He probably needed to go or something.

I've suffered BS in FUT Seasons though. I seriously had wins registering after the game ended but later when I came back they were not there. That happened twice on my first 4 games. Season should've been 2-1-1 and was 0-1-1. I think I have video proof. Never played FUT again. Fuck that.
Ot13| No Video Chat On Ps4 Wtf
Haha, that's gr8.

Clegg

Well, ADM played on the right at Madrid most of the time didn't he? Ronaldo on the left, Bale taking his place. I would rather play him there, and I'd rather play Januzaj there too where he can cut inside.
I suppose it's just an argument of preference then. Nobody can really win win of those.

Can we at least agree that Valencia is the real enemy here? I can't remember a player quite so obviously shit who still gets a free pass from the manager. Maybe under LvG he's in there by default because Rafael is always injured. But he got away with murder when putting in terrible performances for Ferguson and Moyes.

pulga

Banned

Well with Di Maria on the right you're getting rabona and three-fingered crosses and him cutting in and shooting, all with his left. Don't ever expect him to properly cross with his right leg!

Fuck, I laughed so hard when Charlie says "You should see Frank's balls - they're like PLANETS!"

And Charlie's Serpico get-up :lol :lol :lol

Charlie is definitely my favourite so far.

Dennis taking his top off and admiring his abs always kills me too

Clegg

Depay has 13 goals and 3 assists in 19 games this season. Seems very much the modern wide forward.

Think he'd be a good signing for any team outside the top 4. Probably for one or two inside it as well. Eredivisie defences makes me suspicious though.

What I'm really trying to say here is: let's sign Griezmann.

3Sixty

Depay has 13 goals and 3 assists in 19 games this season. Seems very much the modern wide forward.

Think he'd be a good signing for any team outside the top 4. Probably for one or two inside it as well. Eredivisie defences makes me suspicious though.

What I'm really trying to say here is: let's sign Griezmann.

He's coming to us m8

jts

...hate me...
One could say.... it was a disgrace
uMW3dcp.png
Indeed. I really wanted that Chelsea generation to win the UCL and seeing them losing it that way felt really bad, after last years Terry's miss etc. Thought they were doomed.

Glad for 2012 though, even though it was a much nerfed Chelsea by then, they got what they deserved.

Nowadays I don't care for them.

FootballFan

Fuck, I laughed so hard when Charlie says "You should see Frank's balls - they're like PLANETS!"

And Charlie's Serpico get-up :lol :lol :lol

Charlie is definitely my favourite so far.

Dennis taking his top off and admiring his abs always kills me too

Loool. Dennis. Goat.

I was in Barcelona that day.

When I got to the hotel room to turn on the TV and see that travesty. UGH.

Sorry mate.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom