• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Whiplash was a masterpiece, so good.

Just finished this one. It was the Atleti of movies this year
'intense' innit :moonface

So far:

1) GBH
2) Whiplash
3) Birdman
4) Murican Snipah

Don't think GBH will win though, but I think I like it so much because it's my first Wes Anderson film.

Wilbur

Banned
My bitterness against Southampton is more aimed at 3Sixty who points and laughs at former players constantly despite noone forcing them to sell. It's not Southampton personally that provoked that.

And fuck you. You're the only loser. Don't like me my opinions, fell free to ignore me and them. I couldn't care less.

Fuck you. You're the only loser. Don't like me my opinions, fell free to ignore me and them. I couldn't care less.

Guys

tumblr_mnvqorWH571s8nflio1_500.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Honestly, the more I think about Birdman the more dissatisfied I am.

All style, no substance. All cock, no balls. Visually, aurally, performance wise, technically a delight

But it just didn't mean anything to me

c'est la vie. Still entertaining.

FootballFan

Atletico are the epl of la liga.

They are the best.

How many teams seriously know how to actually defend today? Genuine question. Barely any. As crazy as that sounds.

It takes Neygod or messi level players to put Atletico away these days. It's great to see that.

wedward

If i had never seen a 3sixty post I would be excited about Southampton.

But because I have I want them to get relegated. Just like I hope every team aside from Arsenal get relegated.

Ridiculous.

And what you have basically said means the Youth revolution never begins.

Do you honestly expect us to add 4/5/6 youth players to the squad in one season and then have to rely on them? Thats just never going to be the reality of a team like ours, especially as the talented youngsters coming through: Boga, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Brown and others are all 17/18 atm with a couple of them a bit older - Bamford 21~, Ake 20~

Theres nothing ridiculous about what I've written, despite having a decent number of players in our first team, its clearly Jose trusts very few of them, in which case they're worthless to us and just using up squad spaces and wages that could be used on other players, Schurrle and Salah can barely get on the bench let alone start for example.

Realistically, we will add one or two to the squad in a season whilst others get loaned up to train up and get match practise, its a shame that some of our lads that got good loans didn't get played, particularly Chalobah and Kalas but hopefully they will get the chance to kick on now.

The other thing is, we have to meet Uefa requirements for players trained in the country, 4 at the club below 21 and 8 trained in England, I think, I'm not 100% sure how our squad splits up but once JT retires we will be very left short in this area but as it stands right now its not a huge problem.
We will replace Cech this summer with an English keeper, perhaps we will go back for John Ruddy or Jack Butland who we both tried to sign before or find another keeper but I'm content with how things are shaping up at the moment, as I said, you're being unrealistic if you just expect a whole load of youngsters to get thrown into the first team.

faridmon

Yeah, Whiplash was amazing. Absolutely tense movie from the begning to end.
My top 5 films of 2014 would be:

1 - Boyhood
2 - Gone Girl
3 - Whiplash
4 - Edge of Tomorrow
5 - The Drop

FootballFan

Mr marston is the most underrated member of this community.

Let's take this moment to praise him.

Mr Marston, you're gr8 m8.

I've got FC4 ( PS4 ) for 20 bucks on Friday and I've been enjoying it all weekend. Fun game.

I liked it but stopped playing 5 hours in for some reason. :(

Playing peggle 2 now.

L1NETT

Honestly, the more I think about Birdman the more dissatisfied I am.

All style, no substance. All cock, no balls. Visually, aurally, performance wise, technically a delight

But it just didn't mean anything to me

c'est la vie. Still entertaining.

agreed dear wilburt

all style, but tis some goddamn style.

a good movie but it's not a cracker but a long shot

Whiplash is the best film of 2014

sorry GBH
sorry Under The Skin
sorry Boyhood
sorry Transformers: Age of Extinction

pride pls

Sometimes I think Real Madrid supporters here are the worst. Sometimes Bayern. But really, truly, deep in the void I pretend is a heart full of normal human feelings, I know it's Arsenal.

Bud's the only one worth keeping.

Do you honestly expect us to add 4/5/6 youth players to the squad in one season and then have to rely on them? Thats just never going to be the reality of a team like ours, especially as the talented youngsters coming through: Boga, Christensen, Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Brown are all 17/18 atm with a couple of them a bit older - Bamford 21~, Ake 20~

Theres nothing ridiculous about what I've written, despite having a decent number of players in our first team, its clearly Jose trusts very few of them, in which case they're worthless to us and just using up squad spaces and wages that could be used on other players, Schurrle and Salah can barely get on the bench let alone start for example.

Realistically, we will add one or two to the squad in a season whilst others get loaned up to train up and get match practise, its a shame that some of our lads that got good loans didn't get played, particularly Chalobah and Kalas but hopefully they will get the chance to kick on now.

The other thing is, we have to meet Uefa requirements for players trained in the country, 4 at the club below 21 and 8 trained in England, I think, I'm not 100% sure how our squad splits up but once JT retires we will be very left short in this area but as it stands right now its not a huge problem.
We will replace Cech this summer with an English keeper, perhaps we will go back for John Ruddy or Jack Butland who we both tried to sign before or find another keeper but I'm content with how things are shaping up at the moment, as I said, you're being unrealistic if you just expect a whole load of youngsters to get thrown into the first team.

There is no Youth revolution if you just continue to expect to fill places with proven players.

Linius

I never even considered Under the Skin as something I need to watch before I make a year list. I probably will because a lot of cine nerds are releasing their load over it. But everything about it sounds like the kind of film I just can't get into. Much like The Tree of Life.

faridmon

Sometimes I think Real Madrid supporters here are the worst. Sometimes Bayern. But really, truly, deep in the void I pretend is a heart full of normal human feelings, I know it's Arsenal.

OK, I don't know why but I laughed alot more than I though here.

FootballFan

What? We're talking about atleti being dirty and thuggish.. Who said anything about other teams?

Edit: you kinda ruined it, I'm done with the subject. Later holmes.

I'm just saying you have to take a Madrid fans comments on Atletico being dirty with a pinch of salt.

Considering you guys play the physical dirty game whenever you play superior teams(like Barca, or for cr7 cordoba).

It's kinda like me complaining about a team that dives a few teams and surrounds the refere, ya know.

Wilbur

Banned
I never even considered Under the Skin as something I need to watch before I make a year list. I probably will because a lot of cine nerds are releasing their load over it. But everything about it sounds like the kind of film I just can't get into. Much like The Tree of Life.

I liked it an awful lot more than Tree of Life, if that means anything to you.

My bitterness against Southampton is more aimed at 3Sixty who points and laughs at former players constantly despite noone forcing them to sell. It's not Southampton personally that provoked that.

And fuck you. You're the only loser. Don't like me my opinions, fell free to ignore me and them. I couldn't care less.

I always thought your intense bitterness was because they beat you the league cup lolol.

I don't see an issue with 3Sixty's posts, seems reasonable to me considering they did pretty well last season, then a ton of players jumped ship to find "greater heights", more money etc and Southampton are currently pretty much matching them all so far this season if not doing much better than them.

I quite like cuntyness in football in general, unless it's from a team I don't like to begin with obviously. Of course it sucks when a team outcunts you, I don't like seeing Atletico win over Chelsea. But damn they did it well.
jBX8nGI.png

Also 3sixty's post shitting on Chambers is one of the highlights on here, as Lighting seems to take it really personally.
myyqQEs.png

faridmon

I haven't watched it because I hate Scarlett Johansson.

wedward

Boyhood, Whiplash and Force Majeur are my favorite of the year.

Boyhood really hit me. Incredibly easy to relate to as a male around the same age.

I didnt get anything from Under the Skin. It looked ok.

Clegg

Atleti play the way I wish United could. Pace, aggression, and with players who look like they could give a fuck.

Also have a set of tactics which the players obviously believe in and have bought into. Same can't be said for us.

There is no Youth revolution if you just continue to expect to fill places with proven players.

You're getting far too hung over up on the phrase "youth revolution". We (intend to) play enough games in a season to have the space for a big squad capable of bringing through a couple/few youngsters and have proven players for rotation in it, I'm not really concerned about the logistics of the squad

FootballFan

Hahah what a post,

Arsenalgaf are the best mate. You were correct with your first comment.

Atleti play the way I wish United could. Pace, aggression, and with players who look like they could give a fuck.

Also have a set of tactics which the players obviously believe in and have bought into. Same can't be said for us.

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom