• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Schurrle might leave and Salah might stay now... Wolfsburg want a loan with a guarantee of a permanent deal in the summer which seems strange but if it gets us the money for Cuadrado then I don't really care.

Esch

Banned
I wonder why it was so easy to get Gabriel a work permit
inDjyxAPVjS80.gif

Seems Schurrle might leave and Salah might stay now... Wolfsburg want a loan with a guarantee of a permanent deal in the summer which seems strange but if it gets us the money for Cuadrado then I don't really care.
Cuadrado better be fucking worth it. Can't believe we let Griezmann slip away and will likely miss out on Reus too.

Cuadrado better be fucking worth it. Can't believe we let Griezmann slip away and will likely miss out on Reus too.

It wasn't the right time to sell Schurrle in the summer, I think a lot of people expected him to kick on, I certainly hoped he would anyway. Isn't Griezmann more of a central or left sided player? Ive not seen him much admittedly.

I don't think we will get Reus anyway, like Pogba he will end up at Real Madrid imo.

By that I mean, how do you class "exceptional talent"? Like, obviously we can see the various factors that led to those players getting a work permit but it seems so subjective.

I've seen some sports lawyers say the FA has shot itself in the foot with this system because you could have a Championship team sign Slovenia's international full back while Arsenal could struggle to sign someone clearly better like Paulista.

The default work permit rules would be much better - looking more at their prospective wages on joining as a gauge of quality.

Im hoping this Dutch guy going for Fifa President will be another nail in the coffin of Blatter. Perhaps he will just be another cunt but he can't be as stupid as fucking Blatter, surely?

wedward

Paulista looks like a Liverpool player.

He gives a Skrtel/Agger vibe from the pictures.

I am going to bet we don't see him much this season. Unless Per or Kos pickup an injury I can't see Wenger rotating CB's much at this point. We are in a good position in all three competitions and I can't see Wenger wanting to disrupt the backline too much.

Maybe after a full preseason he can start rotating with Per a bit.

El Cid

Neo Member
Im hoping this Dutch guy going for Fifa President will be another nail in the coffin of Blatter. Perhaps he will just be another cunt but he can't be as stupid as fucking Blatter, surely?

He isn't, he's a decent FA president in my book.

Then again, neither he nor Blatter stand a chance against Raiola ofc.

I am going to bet we don't see him much this season. Unless Per or Kos pickup an injury I can't see Wenger rotating CB's much at this point. We are in a good position in all three competitions and I can't see Wenger wanting to disrupt the backline too much.

Adopt the 3-4-2-1

Salvadora

I'd like a United/Liverpool draw.

Get them out of the road good and early. If they pass their respective opponents, that is.

Dropping him in at the deep end, a la Chambers, isn't really something I'm keen on seeing. Especially with him not being long out of Brazil and no pre-season with us.

Think it will probably end up happening though with Koscielny inevitable going to have a flare up of the recurring injury/condition.

wedward

I'd like a United/Liverpool draw.

Get them out of the road good and early. If they pass their respective opponents, that is.

Dropping him in at the deep end, a la Chambers, isn't really something I'm keen on seeing. Especially with him not being long out of Brazil and no pre-season with us.

Think it will probably end up happening though with Koscielny inevitable going to have a flare up of the recurring injury/condition.

True. At this point every game we play is important so there isn't really way to ease him in.

Pretty much need our best 11 for all three competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom