• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Cheapest he's gonna be with the Euro taking an absolutely pummelling against dat EPL pound.
The fact he didn't pull one of those "You never know" answers (see previous page link to FFT interview with him) means I don't really believe Ballague on this one. Summer at the earliest imo (if that).

CozMick

Banned
He looks like a girl, he looks a giiiiiirl, Robbie Savage, he looks like a girl.

Commentator getting a battering at arms length lmao.

The fact he didn't pull one of those "You never know" answers (see previous page link to FFT interview with him) means I don't really believe Ballague on this one. Summer at the earliest imo (if that).

He actually switched against in the summer (to Ander Herrera's agent) but then fired him and went back to his old representation.

He made the second switch when all the stories about a potential move came about so yeah, don't think he's interested in a transfer at all right now.

Scum

indeed. We're left with shitcunt open-world nonsense filled with busywork and inconsequential bollocks because of a "CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT TV TV...." cuntish design philosophy that i always found patronises the customer.

When i was a young lad i used to have the best-case routes committed to memory when it came to RE1 and RE2. Bringing a completion time down from 6+ hours to 1:34 was like BLAAAT BLUDCLAAAT SKUNK AN WEED.

I wish The Evil Within was structured more like a traditional Resident Evil game rather than Resident Evil onwards.

YES FACISM!

Absolutely. Games that have an initial play through of like 8-12 hours but can then be beat in like a quarter of that because you know where to go and what to do are my favourite. A lot of my favourite games are structured like this (the original Resi formula, MGS1, Shenmue)

I do enjoy the occasional romp through a totally linear game but I do wish there were more games that relied on exploration. And not massive open-world games where you randomly stumble upon things, but smaller areas where everything is placed in such a way that it feels tightly designed without holding your hand.

Getting a new key in Resident Evil games and looking around to see which doors it opens was oddly addictive and satisfying. That style of game has just disappeared.

Super Mario 64
Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear Solid 1
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask

I want these game designs back in the industry. Open world shite from Ubi and Bethesda don't cut it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario 64
Resident Evil 2
Metal Gear Solid 1
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask

I want these game designs back in the industry. Open world shite from Ubi and Bethesda don't cut it.

thing is most devs these days think "bigger = better", so we're stuck with lots of collect-a-thons that even Rare from the old days would shake their heads at, biggass maps with no real content in them because they're good marketing bullets, and a constant strive for cinematic sequences that take contol away from the player.
video games are shit

Clegg

He actually switched against in the summer (to Ander Herrera's agent) but then fired him and went back to his old representation.

He made the second switch when all the stories about a potential move came about so yeah, don't think he's interested in a transfer at all right now.
Tbf we don't even need him.

Let's chuck Fosu-Mensah into the first team.

pulga

Banned
Anyone in here play chess? I'm trying to learn online (http://www.chesscademy.com, it's pretty good me thinks), but I'm still getting ripped apart by the stock chess game included in OSX.
h8xug2P.png

Anyone have any tips?

CCS

Banned
Anyone in here play chess? I'm trying to learn online (http://www.chesscademy.com, it's pretty good me thinks), but I'm still getting ripped apart by the stock chess game included in OSX.
h8xug2P.png

Anyone have any tips?

Watch some of the top players games with commentary by masters (you can find some on YouTube), gives you some insight into how to think and to recognise threats and so on.

Absolutely. Games that have an initial play through of like 8-12 hours but can then be beat in like a quarter of that because you know where to go and what to do are my favourite. A lot of my favourite games are structured like this (the original Resi formula, MGS1, Shenmue)

I do enjoy the occasional romp through a totally linear game but I do wish there were more games that relied on exploration. And not massive open-world games where you randomly stumble upon things, but smaller areas where everything is placed in such a way that it feels tightly designed without holding your hand.

Getting a new key in Resident Evil games and looking around to see which doors it opens was oddly addictive and satisfying. That style of game has just disappeared.

u should try silent hill 2

El Cid

Neo Member
Tonny Vilhena then lads.

Talk to me.

Talented young player, played a lot under Koeman, but has mostly been a benchwarmer this year. Good technical ability, only 20 y/o, has a decent sense of positioning. Does lack physical presence and tenacity at the moment, gets pushed off the ball rather easily. Bit lazy too. If Southampton would get him, I'd consider it a steal, but opinions about him are quite polarised. Hope it'd give him the impetus to give it his all.

herod

Just the one cheeky bet tonight. Few quid on a Benfica clean sheet.
They haven't conceded in 5 league games, all of which they have won to nil, the team they are playing have not won in 5. Furthermore, out of the last 5 head to head matches Benfica have kept a clean sheet in 3 of them.
Odds are floating around evens if anyone fancies it.

Don't rage at me if it loses lol. This is why I don't like disclosing selections.
pre match FIFA simulation predicts a clean sheet.

oh dear

Suen

Cassano left the club .We have no proper forwards left :looooooooool.

I wasn't even this depressed about the club when we got relegated a couple of years ago. It just feels like the club could disappear tomorrow. Hoping we get proper owners and that we can start from scratch (in a more clean way) in B and move up.

Meanwhile that fat sperm rag is eating his Prosciutto di Parma somewhere with a big smile. I hope he fucking chokes on it.

FootballFan

Yes Hixx!

This is why I love Mgs.

It is sensational.

jts

...hate me...
To be fair, that's just rotten luck. Ah well.
You should have calculated for the super special circumstances in which Porto had lost and Benfica, being known as perennial chokers, would miss this oportunity to break away.

This is Arsenal.

Hixx

OH FUCK OFF

l1nett prepare your angus

poyet will have discovered 4-4-2 diamond by then

what a time it will be

we will beat fulham 2-1 then we will beat bradford 4-0

giaccherini will emulate julio's wonder goal from our last 4-0

WHAT

A

TIME

Suen

Maaaaaaan, those new Witcher 3 gameplay videos are pretty great. I turned the second one off half way through, what I'd seen has already convinced me to buy it.
Another overhyped piece of crap along with the likes of TLOU and Flop U.

Mastadon

Banned
tbf I thought it was too shiny/plasticy

Well tbf it's covered in blood for half the game.

Omg Masta is ALIVE 😭😭

<3

He's probably in between Dota 2 matches.

It's all Hitch's fault. He corrupted me. I bought a PC to play all the AAA blockbusters in 1080p 60fps, but instead I've sunk ~150 hours in to a game that looks like it could run on my HTC.

fml.

It was on sale in Europe for £15.99 over Christmas.

Bought it. Beat it.

It does some things better than Uncharted and some things worse.

7/10

Not finished it yet, but it's a load better than I was expecting. There's something so satisfying about pinging a long range headshot with your bow.

Elchele

You can't be a loser when you play a goat game like Titanfall. I'll have you know that Panty is on my side so be careful with your reply.

If you don't like TLoU then clearly there's something wrong with you.

I'll call your parents and let them know.

Was such a great weekend playing MGS1 and 2 in the same weekend. I beat MGS2 in just the one session at around five hours, but listened to a good few cut scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom