• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Wait

Wait

Wait

Wait

They're actually going to rename the Santiago Bernabeu to the Abu Dhabi Bernabeu?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/28/santiago-bernabeu-abu-dhabi-bernabeu-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

:lol:lol:lol:lol

At least, you don't have to travel that long to Abu Dhabi anymore
ibzeqCJtvoUAS9.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
There are many players I like, but only four I love. He is one of them.
well don't leave us hanging! Name the other three two!

and that's exactly why I am the Chosen One.

p7ADQ2T.gif

that's it. I'm gonna rewatch the trilogy this week

Err...I dunno. Seemed far more even to me than that.

TO BE FAIR I fell asleep after 60 minutes :lol and at that point the battleship was relentlessly pummeling the little horse

Fady K

well don't leave us hanging! Name the other three two!

that's it. I'm gonna rewatch the trilogy this week

TO BE FAIR I fell asleep after 60 minutes :lol and at that point the battleship was relentlessly pummeling the little horse

Ahh that changes everything, first 45 minutes at least Liverpool were all over us.

Chelsea have not had a great January, they seem tired almost every match.

Danchi

Guardian commentator Steff Clarke said:
Just another city Santiago or Abu Dhabi or Buonos Aires what difference does it make. Makes you wonder why they didn't use Madrid before? Where they sponsored by the Chillean tourist board?

Messi

Kinda surprised Real would do that. Wouldn't like it if Barça tried it (they did float the idea before getting Qatar) and don't like it here. How do my Madrid bros feel about it? Have to imagine the fans don't want this.

pulga

Banned
HERE ARE MY PICKS FOR THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS:

ADRIANNE PALICKI AS RAY:
3V0GemH.gif

EMMA WATSON AS EGON:
bRqMZ9y.gif

ALISON BRIE AS PETER:
Alison-Brie-GIF-040.gif

ROSARIO DAWSON AS WINSTON:
RosarioDawsonClerksII0005.gif

2 Billion at the box office, CONFIRMED.

pulga

Banned
guys

as with the transfer ban thing, you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment if you're awaiting a reaction by my count

zombieland_gif.gif

plus I'm sure it'd be the Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu, and it'd still only be called by the people the Bernabeu in any case. It's a non issue, my from point of view.

Kinda surprised Real would do that. Wouldn't like it if Barça tried it (they did float the idea before getting Qatar) and don't like it here. How do my Madrid bros feel about it? Have to imagine the fans don't want this.

I am not, Real's how business/image model is based on signing the best players. Players are costing more and more, and wages are increasing with more clubs than ever able to afford paying for top talent.

Madrid, and eventually Barca, Juve
Just please don't be the Fiat 500 Stadium
, and Man United, will have to sell naming rights as it is the one thing they are lagging behind their rivals.

I remember other Arsenal fans saying they would never say Emirates Stadium and would only refer to it as Ashburton Grove. Fans move on pretty quickly.

On a side note, A lot of people don't know that Highbury was never the old stadium's name, but was actually Arsenal Stadium

Can we stop picking Emma Watson for anything UGH

they were gonna name it Salò but it was rejected in light of their recent child trafficking allegations

lol

OT13: Salo, or the 51 cases of Sodomy Berneabeu

Pennywise

I am not, Real's how business/image model is based on signing the best players. Players are costing more and more, and wages are increasing with more clubs than ever able to afford paying for top talent.

Madrid, and eventually Barca, Juve
Just please don't be the Fiat 500 Stadium
, and Man United, will have to sell naming rights as it is the one thing they are lagging behind their rivals.

I remember other Arsenal fans saying they would never say Emirates Stadium and would only refer to it as Ashburton Grove. Fans move on pretty quickly.

On a side note, A lot of people don't know that Highbury was never the old stadium's name, but was actually Arsenal Stadium
These days it's just not bound to the biggest clubs, it's essentially common.

Even a couple of 3rd league teams in Germany sold their stadium name...
There aren't that many in the first league that still have the original one.

Dortmund still has one of the worst with Signal Iduna Park, instead of Westfalenstadium.

l1x61OA.png

guys

as with the transfer ban thing, you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment if you're awaiting a reaction by my count

zombieland_gif.gif

plus I'm sure it'd be the Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu, and it'd still only be called by the people the Bernabeu in any case. It's a non issue, my from point of view.

Tell me you wouldn't rip the piss out of Barca month after month if they renamed it the Qatar Camp Nou

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
that's brilliant

I'd totally sell my middle name for extra dough

Farhat WONGA Raza

Arturo Cheap Ass Gamer Vidal

Penthouse Magazine Stadium

These days it's just not bound to the biggest clubs, it's essentially common.

Even a couple of 3rd league teams in Germany sold their stadium name...
There aren't that many in the first league that still have the original one.

Dortmund still has one of the worst with Signal Iduna Park, instead of Westfalenstadium.

l1x61OA.png

Very true, I know Pulga laughs at Barca's shoulder sponsorship, but in Italy there are teams with three or four sponsors on the shirt. It is the only way they can try and bridge the gap between them and the big clubs.

pulga

Banned
Tell me you wouldn't rip the piss out of Barca month after month if they renamed it the Qatar Camp Nou

Why would I? It's standard practice nowadays, in the future all our stadiums will have some oil magnate in the name.

Then again, Barca are the ones always thumping their chests with the "mes que un club" bullshit, so it makes sense when people throw shade their way whilst they continue selling away their identity. Madrid make no such claims.
dnaO1RN.png

Pennywise

Very true, I know Pulga laughs at Barca's shoulder sponsorship, but in Italy there are teams with three or four sponsors on the shirt. It is the only way they can try and bridge the gap between them and the big clubs.

Wasn't there a shirt that Elsk linked here ?
A Honduran team with 4-5 sponsors.

That was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom