• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Isn't he the one that dived to get a player sent off? I'd say it's media perception. Whatever the media want to emphasise and create patterns with they will do. Chelsea are top, naturally we get the most attention, things our players do will be engineered into patterns and influence the perception of referees and governing bodies.
Yea but maybe that perception wouldn't exist...

if Costa wasn't a perpetual fucking cunt.

Meier

kpLCByx.png
I'd never even heard of Steve Birnbaum until today basically, lol. I guess he was a rookie in MLS last year so that makes some sense. This is maybe his first cap? Second at most. Yedlin and Shea as wingbacks I guess? Orlando City are apparently interested in having Shea play deeper so this will be a good test for him. The image doesn't really reflect it that way but that's certainly what a 3-5-2 would suggest. Hopefully Yedlin gets a game for Spurs sometime soon.

K1LLER7

Suprised nobody else is going for Cuadrado. I We could use his pace but he reminds me a bit of Nani. Could be just as #Inconsistant.

take some responsibility for your own team ffs

I'm agreeing that he could have avoided both studding incidents. I'm taking responsibility.

My problem is the way the media engineer things to make the retroactive punishments happen, especially with high profile names and teams. It's undeniable. If Sky concentrate on Chelsea's win and don't emphasise the Costa stuff there's no way a ban is handed out. There are teams that make challenges like that weekly and get away with it (Stoke). There are teams that dive more per week than Chelsea but there was that media engineered bullshit from the Hull game that was pressing for retroactive punishment.

Vertonghen will escape with no ban after his strangle today because the media don't give a shit.

Suprised nobody else is going for Cuadrado. I We could use his pace but he reminds me a bit of Nani. Could be just as #Inconsistant.

It's hard to beat us to a transfer tbf. Perhaps others tried to go in for him but Chelsea just trumped them all.

You were linked with his last night I think, and talk of offering Adnan in exchange on loan (plus money obv) but who knows if you are really interested or not.

I am surprised you haven't made more effort to clean out the squad and get a couple of new players in to be honest.

FootballFan

Spotify coming to ps4

So good

Ill be able to listen to your album suggestions in the background while playing peggle 2, dragon ball xenoverse and Fifa.

What's he said about Rodgers.

I heard him talk about how Rodgers has rebuilt Liverpool to play a certain way and how they're now tough to beat after having a shit start to the season. Perhaps it's a sly dig at how the sale of Suarez/injury to Sturridge has meant Liverpool have had to change their whole team structure and game plan?

FootballFan

I'm fine with Costa getting charged. Problem is I don't like the manner of it. It was entirely engineered by the media, and as we'll see tomorrow, Vertonghen will get away scott free for his strangle tonight.

Haha not saying anything directly at you but this really sounds like some Liverpool fans that protected Suarez lol

You were linked with his last night I think, and talk of offering Adnan in exchange on loan (plus money obv) but who knows if you are really interested or not.

I am surprised you haven't made more effort to clean out the squad and get a couple of new players in to be honest.

Think summer is when the Man Utd clearout will happen. Van Gaal needed a look at the squad, and wanted to keep some continuity in the squad. And you can't really do it in January, as there are still matches coming thick and fast, and you don't have the time to make sure you get someone in to replace a departure

Expect him to have a fucking gigantic transfer list of players he'd sell if the oppurtunity arises come May though, whether its formalised or not

Meier

By the way, that Herve Renard dude is a good looking guy. I dunno how he didn't end up as a Galactico with those looks.

K1LLER7

Lots of links to defenders but I doubt anything will happen this window.

Also doubt we'll sign Falcao, so we'll need a new striker in the summer. Somebody with pace to stretch the team most likely. Based on this season so far, Lacazette could be an option. We've also been linked with Dybala who I want. Wooden pls.

Expecting another expensive summer for Woody.

FootballFan

Despite the fact I just said that Costa deserves the punishment? IIRC the Liverpool fans you speak of went a bit further than that in defending Suarez.

Yes despite that, it still sounds similar to what I was hearing last season.

But take it easy, as I said, your posts just reminds me of those days and I'm not trying to mock you m8

Yes despite that, it still sounds similar to what I was hearing last season.

But take it easy, as I said, your posts just reminds me of those days and I'm not trying to mock you m8

No problem. We don't need any needles "hookin' in the gabber" or "swear on me mam's life" over here.

I should be happy my team are going to Wembley and playing a massive derby there. But the media have wound me up lol.

FootballFan

No problem. We don't need any needles "hookin' in the gabber" or "swear on me mam's life" over here.

I should be happy my team are going to Wembley and playing a massive derby there. But the media have wound me up lol.

Exactly.

You have to embrace the hate, use it as your weapon.

jts

...hate me...
Guys, I'm selling some of my gear before returning back to Finland next week so a random dude will soon come over to test and supposedly buy my G27.

RIP me tbh.

Messi

Sad to see how the Atleti vs Barca game went down tonight. Some terrible behaviour. Neymar needs to wake the fuck up and stop being a complete cunt. You know exactly what he was saying to the atleti players on the way to the tunnel. He was being a little shit. He is a fantastic player and he showed his skill in the goals but I wish he wouldn't do all the other crap. We were winning there was no need to rub salt into the wound.

Wtf was arda at lol

Shameful night for Barca and Atletico.

Razor554

2 red cards given, attempted murder of the linesman and a player arrested by the police

Just another day in the office for Atletico.

Meier

Poor Hixx. Jozy is playing like a man possessed. Scored a nice goal, earned a FK just outside the box after whooping the Chilean defender, just laid on a beautiful ball to Yedlin..I dunno why he just never looked comfortable for Sunderland. He isn't a great player by any means but he is nowhere near as bad as he often looked.

arkon

Shame about the Athléticò result. Kind of wanted to see a reinvigorated Torres fire them to glory. At least Juventus won.

Slizz

Poor Hixx. Jozy is playing like a man possessed. Scored a nice goal, earned a FK just outside the box after whooping the Chilean defender, just laid on a beautiful ball to Yedlin..I dunno why he just never looked comfortable for Sunderland. He isn't a great player by any means but he is nowhere near as bad as he often looked.
Trying to prove his worth. Only reason he ever shows up to play. Nothing to prove,no fucks given.

Sad to see how the Atleti vs Barca game went down tonight. Some terrible behaviour. Neymar needs to wake the fuck up and stop being a complete cunt. You know exactly what he was saying to the atleti players on the way to the tunnel. He was being a little shit. He is a fantastic player and he showed his skill in the goals but I wish he wouldn't do all the other crap. We were winning there was no need to rub salt into the wound.

Wtf was arda at lol

Shameful night for Barca and Atletico.

You not only brush me off as being sensible but you're also honest, unlike some other Barca fans who are just unbearable speaking nonsense. I respect that.

GorillaJu

It's not the media that submits evidence to the FA for review and its not the media that pointed it out in the post match interview. Liverpool and Rodgers did that, and they're well within their rights to complain.

Hope City give them the proper mauling they deserve. Dissonance's posts have made Chelsea FootyGaf's public enemy #1.

GorillaJu

TidyZanyAzurevasesponge.gif

dat NSM

If only Suarez could finish, then this will be even better than treble winning side of Henry-Eto'o-Messi

He'll sort out his finishing. He was more of a creator than a finisher for Liverpool in his first two years with us. Last season and a half he was a fuckin monsta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom