• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Madrid to rename stadium Abu Dhabi Santiago Bernabeu.

isqXVhUdN3brW.png

I'm very OK with this. I've been looking at some champions league tickets, out of the roof.

liga-abu-dhabi-la-place-de-bernabeu-360180.jpg

jts

...hate me...
Simeone: “Messi by himself is more dangerous than Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale and Benzeman together.”

shots fired
Fits well with being Barça's bitch (note: Real is Atléti's bitch by the same note).

I'm sorry to say again but Moyseh > Simeone.

jts

...hate me...
This dude who's coming over to buy my G27 sure is taking his sweet time to find my address. GPS, bitch. It's almost 1.30 AM.

FuturusX

We'll see who's laughing when we're buying all your best players with dat Abu Dhabi monies
dnaO1RN.png

Ahh yes tis true but that pain will be momentary...the indignity of having a stadium with a shit name will last forever*

*Or until the naming rights expire*

FootballFan

If ps4 had live video chat I could have been talking to and seeing long Johnson live. Made sure he's safe.

But Sony doesn't care about our safety

jts

...hate me...
Done deal.

eur: +150

Short safe moist as dude came along with his girlfriend, she was already awww'ing at my dog and eyeing me tbh and thinking how much better it would be if she could just stay. Tough luck, honey. You get the Golf van driving short boyfriend who drives 200km to pick up a toy steering wheel. And I get to be all by myself with FootyGAF and eur 150 richer
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Real Madrid plan to make a move for Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea, 24, when his contract expires in 18 months and get him on a free transfer. (Daily Telegraph)
Swansea City are considering trying to sign Blackburn striker Rudy Gestede, 26, but so far no club has matched the Championship side's £6m valutation. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is considering summer deals for Hannover midfield pair Lars Stindl, 26, and Leonardo Bittencourt, 21. (Daily Star)
The Reds are preparing a £29m bid to beat Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid and Juventus to 17-year-old midfielder Ruben Neves, known as the 'new Sergio Busquets' at Porto. (Daily Express)
West Ham have put in an £8 million bid for Swansea striker Bafetimbi Gomis. (Sun - subscription required)
The Hammers are set to confirm a pre-contract deal with Hamilton defender Stephen Hendrie, 20, after the clubs agree on a £1m compensation package. (Daily Mail)
Porto striker Jackson Martinez, 28, has overlooked a move to Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton for the opportunity to play in Serie A, according to his agent. (Daily Express)
Manchester United midfielder Nick Powell, 20, could be handed a chance to revive his career by Hull's Steve Bruce. (Daily Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Gareth Bale has suggested he will turn down any approach from Manchester United in the summer because he is "having a good time at Real Madrid". (Daily Express)
Newcastle caretaker boss John Carver has taken umbrage at claims the North East side's season is a write-off following his appointment. (Daily Mirror)
Aston Villa chief executive Tom Fox is adamant that the club will not succumb to pressure from fans to sack manager Paul Lambert. (Daily Mail)
Referees must help Chelsea striker Diego Costa, 26, cut out his alleged stamping on opponents or someone will get seriously hurt, says former official Mark Halsey. (Sun - subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Real Madrid forward James Rodriguez posted a picture on his Instagram account of a picture of himself and former Colombia captain Carlos Valderrama with the message "Visit from the Great 10. My idol, my admiration".
Tottenham's players have been celebrating reaching the Capital One Cup final. Eric Dier ‏tweeted "We're off to Wembley!" and fellow defender Ben Davies posted "WEMBLEYYYYYYY Come On You Spurs!" while Christian Eriksen simply went with "Yesssss".

AND FINALLY...
Atletico Madrid midfielder Arda Turan hurled his boot at a linesman during Wednesday's game with Barcelona... but he only got given a yellow card. (Daily Mail)

The Reds are preparing a £29m bid to beat Paris St-Germain, Real Madrid and Juventus to 17-year-old midfielder Ruben Neves, known as the 'new Sergio Busquets' at Porto. (Daily Express)

Xlz1iA4.png

jts

...hate me...
Ruben Neves had a promising start earlier in the season, seriously he was great, so mature and only 17. Didn't get his mojo completely back after a minor injury though. Still, for 29 million pounds I say bring it. And I can still cheer for him in Liverpool.

Porto have good youngsters this season. Keep an eye on Gonçalo Paciência as well (20). Son of Domingos. Scored one today.

If ps4 had video chat we could be discussing it right now and i would have seen the trade happen. And seen her

That is true. I should've set up a hidden camera to have footage at least. Fail.

Elchele

Done deal.

eur: +150

Short safe moist as dude came along with his girlfriend, she was already awww'ing at my dog and eyeing me tbh and thinking how much better it would be if she could just stay. Tough luck, honey. You get the Golf van driving short boyfriend who drives 200km to pick up a toy steering wheel. And I get to be all by myself with FootyGAF and eur 150 richer
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

:lol
nice. you are from Portugal, right?

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is considering summer deals for Hannover midfield pair Lars Stindl, 26, and Leonardo Bittencourt, 21. (Daily Star)

I think Stindl is a free agent in the summer, IIRC.
Bittencourt is good. He should move back to Dortmund

GQman2121

Banned
I just love that the UAE government feel they need to plaster the name of the city where this investment group is headquartered on the side of the one of the most recognizable stadiums in the world just because the opportunity has presented itself and they can.

Seriously, what benefit to their country or business interests does this naming rights deal offer them? Nothing. It's just another way to spend money and make notable people bend over. I love it.

Yen

Crazy to think Dortmund are still bottom of the Bundesliga.
scum do you write these or do you grab them from somewhere

bbc sport website.Worth remembering that the Times, Guardian, and Telegraph are the only papers that are in any way decent wrt to football journalism and transfer rumours.

jts

...hate me...
wait. are you the one who moved to Finland because of his girlfriend, or was another user in the same situation of moving to Finland from Portugal?

Yeah that's me. I just came home for christmas and stayed a bit longer.

jts

...hate me...
ah, you're jts :lol
Do you like Finland so far?
I like it, I always enjoy meeting new cultures and seeing new places.

It is a civilised, organised and much more pragmatic place than Portugal. That's mostly good, to the point it gets a bit boring though.

However I am seriously located in the neck of the woods there. Looks like those small american towns you see in american movies, with local high school drama, lots of forest around etc. It gets boring.

The weather got me shook. -10cº is child's play there. I didn't experience -30 because I was not there this month. You have to go from point A to point B and STAY THERE. Or else. So that also gets boring.

The language is tough as nails to learn. No connection with any language I have the smallest grasp of. But most people speak english with no problems.

They have a nice social situation and the salaries are good (much better than in Portugal) - except I haven't found a job yet. Haven't looked too much though. Now it will be the time.

But I will be looking to move to a bigger city as well. Tampere or even Helsinki. Better prospects for a job, not as boring, and more connected.

Elchele

I like it, I always enjoy meeting new cultures and seeing new places.

It is a civilised, organised and much more pragmatic place than Portugal. That's mostly good, to the point it gets a bit boring though.

However I am seriously located in the neck of the woods there. Looks like those small american towns you see in american movies, with local high school drama, lots of forest around etc. It gets boring.

The weather got me shook. -10cº is child's play there. I didn't experience -30 because I was not there this month. You have to go from point A to point B and STAY THERE. Or else. So that also gets boring.

The language is tough as nails to learn. No connection with any language I have the smallest grasp of. But most people speak english with no problems.

They have a nice social situation and the salaries are good (much better than in Portugal) - except I haven't found a job yet. Haven't looked too much though. Now it will be the time.

But I will be looking to move to a bigger city as well. Tampere or even Helsinki. Better prospects for a job, not as boring, and more connected.

Yeah, moving to a big city should help a lot in all the downsides you have found so far.
is life much more expensive than in Portugal?

jts

...hate me...
Yeah, moving to a big city should help a lot in all the downsides you have found so far.
is life much more expensive than in Portugal?
A bit. I dunno if LIDL's prices are a correct measure of purchase parity but for example some products that cost -.59 in Portugal's LIDL, cost like -.79 in Finland's LIDL.

I think it's easily 30-40% more expensive. It won't hurt much if you stick with the basics. It's when you want to go out, eat out, buy nice clothes or whatever futile thing you want to do or buy, that you really start feeling the difference.

Fucking Wii remotes costing 70 eur :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom