• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT12| Old Man Looking For 17 year olds. Contact Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think there's any chance City didn't notice that Stoke got in-behind Coquelin quite a few times with simple one-twos? =/

In any case, that's a good selection, assuming Ramsey is fully fit. Not feeling too bad about today tbh. Not sure why though, lol.

Song's pass for Downing was beautiful. He's always had those.

Wilbur

Banned
Walcott over OX I think you mean. I am guessing it is gonna be Ox on the right and Sanchez on the left with Cazorla as the 10 today.

Although who knows what Wenger is thinking today

No. Would play Ox as the 10 and Walcott on the right. Pace and muscle on the break.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think Ox has ever played there. Plus Ox is a lot better at coming on for the last 20 minutes with fresh leagues, he can drift out of games when he starts.

Actually I wouldn't play him as a 10, I'd play him deeper in the centre where I know he has played.

But this is Arsene.

L1NETT

gonna take a wild stab in the dark and say Arsenal will have most the possession, maybe nick one but will be done on the counter with happy Hector gallivanting forward leaving Per more exposed than King Lear facing the storm

maybe chuck in a comical set piece goal for chuckles

3-1 City

easy cheesy

Actually I wouldn't play him as a 10, I'd play him deeper in the centre where I know he has played.

But this is Arsene.

I would definitely do that if he ad Ramsey were more disciplined and drop Coq. Ox does a great job tracking back and taking part with defensive duties. Part of the reason why he drifts out of games if he is on the wing.

CCS

Banned
I reckon its gonna be 2-2. Arsenal going to have a lot of possession and chances but mess up most of them, City much more clinical but not having quite as much of the game.

But this is Arsene.

Don't want Ox anywhere near the defence with his CM distribution. I do think your initial idea was fair, though I'd have Alexis #10 and Ox left in that scenario.

In any case, Santi has been brilliant over the past 6/7 weeks, so he was always going to start.

Happy with that Hammers win.

We have a much better spirit this season. In previous season if we'd had that first half we wouldn't have been able to turn things around.

Four points away from traditional 'safety' already. It'll be interesting to see how far we'll go this season. I'm hoping a decent finish to the season and our new budget from June onwards will allow us to buy one or two star players.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would predict anything other than a City win

At home, looks like their first 11 minus Toure and Nasri (Demichelis is better than Mangala), 11 points better than Arsenal. And Arsenal's record in these games is shocking, no?

Its a shame Mangala isn't starting, I would have liked to see Sanchez make him dizzy.

Also, David Silva has been in England like 4 years and still doesn't do interviews in English??

inky

People in the Marvel movies universe thread have claimed right to make the OTs up to the year 2019

iiua15MM00Hgw.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
SIzwYkR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
H7bIKlW.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
JDsIANu.png

I can safely say I like the movies (all of them) more than most people, and I can understand the appeal of making OTs, but some people go too far
iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

_80347999_9f330841-5bbb-41c4-a7dc-859149715433.jpg

Everyone surely recognise this photo, but I've never actually heard the reason for him to do it. I mean, there's no way you get that far in football not knowing that its against the rules :p

Scum

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would predict anything other than a City win

At home, looks like their first 11 minus Toure and Nasri (Demichelis is better than Mangala), 11 points better than Arsenal. And Arsenal's record in these games is shocking, no?

Footballing Sod's law, innit.

Wilbur

Banned
Cazorla's in really good form at the moment, when Walcott's played he looks really rusty.

At Man City away, I would probably try and cede possession and hit them on the counter, knowing all four of their defenders are vulnerable to pace and quickness of movement. I'd certainly have started Walcott.

People in the Marvel movies universe thread have claimed right to make the OTs up to the year 2019

iiua15MM00Hgw.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
SIzwYkR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
H7bIKlW.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
JDsIANu.png

I can safely say I like the movies (all of them) more than most people, and I can understand the appeal of making OTs, but some people go too far
iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

hahaahha

are you fucking kidding me.

bloody hell.

CCS

Banned

iiua15MM00Hgw.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
SIzwYkR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
H7bIKlW.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
JDsIANu.png

iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

Crazy people.

iiua15MM00Hgw.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
SIzwYkR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
H7bIKlW.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
JDsIANu.png

iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

I'd ban everyone on that list.

iiua15MM00Hgw.png
ieIw6niHNfVIo.png
SIzwYkR.png
ib2prFi25kEdBe.png
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png
H7bIKlW.png
nCUoKLR.png
nt5j5sS.png
JDsIANu.png

iLSJsPUbNdrqs.png

Looool. Perhaps we should start claiming the AC and COD OTs up to 2020

GQman2121

Banned
This game feels like a draw or City blowout. Nil - nil or 3 - nil City.

Would obviously love to see the upset heading into next Sunday though.

Abraxas

At Man City away, I would probably try and cede possession and hit them on the counter, knowing all four of their defenders are vulnerable to pace and quickness of movement. I'd certainly have started Walcott.

Our defenders are also vunerable to passing, crossing, shooting, set pieces, movement and themselves. Allowing city the ball basically gives them time and space because the midfield and defence don't work as a group, and leave huge gaps. Only way arsenal can win is if city are immensly wasteful, and spicy chile goes suarez mode again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom