• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent back up actually but it won't happen. Still better than Ramos though.

0fe1651b8a3aba9c9fcfe9ebbaba8330_100_100.png

With Pep going to City what expectations do the people have for him to be considered a success or a failure at the club?

With Bayern it was pretty clear, more of what Heynckes brought and to a degree he failed as he didn't get to the CL final but considering he will inherit an ageing core, a team that hasn't won a crap load of trophies either recently or historically, hasn't exactly had its best season of recent years which potentially wont get CL football next season, but has considerable fiscal backing and potentially leeway no other club has given him before.

Jack cw

With Pep going to City what expectations do the people have for him to be considered a success or a failure at the club?

With Bayern it was pretty clear, more of what Heynckes brought and to a degree he failed as he didn't get to the CL final but considering he will inherit an ageing core, a team that hasn't won a crap load of trophies either recently or historically, hasn't exactly had its best season of recent years which potentially wont get CL football next season, but has considerable fiscal backing and potentially leeway no other club has given him before.
He has to get rid of some aging players, especially the full backs will be tough to replace in order to play what he wants them to. Hart will have to learn playing football because the goalie is the last CB. Besides de Bruyne, he will need a decent DM, a capable CM and quick wingers. Aguero might play the nine and navas might do it on the wing, but in order to compete with other possession playing clubs he needs a lot of new players. By the time City finally adepted to Pep his time might be over.

He has a three-year contract, right?

I'd say success if he wins the CL once, or two up to three league titles depending on the signings.
Did as expected with one or two league titles also depending on the signings.
Failed if he only wins the FA cup or that other one.

DerZuhälter;203086066 said:
Should do it like Atletico. Buy out clause for 45M with extra Anti-Bayern clause for 90M.

Honestly, I don't really get Watzke's hate for buy-out clauses. Sure, we made bad experiences with them so far. But the problem was rather that we agreed to very shitty buy-out clauses. Sahin and Reus' was too low. Götze's could be activated way too early. There's nothing wrong with giving Micky a 45m buyout clause in 2018.

That said, the Ruhrnachrichten stuff about Micky seems rather made up to me.

MrS

Banned

I think he'll be sacked if they don't win a PL title in his first 2 seasons at City. They'll spend a lot of money this Summer to give him what he needs and I think the owners will want to see a ROI fairly quickly. Anything other than a PL title and a Champions League win during his tenure will be seen as a failure, for City's Pep Experiment and for Pep personally as it will give his detractors more fuel for the 'can't do it without Messi' narrative.

Jack cw

Honestly, I don't really get Watzke's hate for buy-out clauses. Sure, we made bad experiences with them so far. But the problem was rather that we agreed to very shitty buy-out clauses. Sahin and Reus' was too low. Götze's could be activated way too early. There's nothing wrong with giving Micky a 45m buyout clause in 2018.

That said, the Ruhrnachrichten stuff about Micky seems rather made up to me.
When your agent is Mino Raiola you can forget buy out clauses. That guy is the best agent for any player that wants to earn top money. Go, ask Zlatan about this. Mickytarian will stay if he gets the Reus salary. Raiola has no problems finding another good club that pays him that.

Jack cw

Sitzung in Dortmund! Nach Informationen von @SPORTBILD steht die Verkündung des Wechsels von @matshummels bevor. Gleich mehr auf @SPORTBILD

According to Sportbild, there is a meeting in Dortmund right now and the announcement of Hummels going to Bayern.

Jack cw

Triple post for maximum glory:

Bayern confirms the transfers of Mats Hummels and Renato Sanches!
Both around 35 million each.

I said goddamn!

When your agent is Mino Raiola you can forget buy out clauses. That guy is the best agent for any player that wants to earn top money. Go, ask Zlatan about this. Mickytarian will stay if he gets the Reus salary. Raiola has no problems finding another good club that pays him that.
Raiola has a bad imagr but he's also doing everything his clients want. He was the one that made the move to Dortmund possible. If Micky wants to stay, they'll work it out.

Goodbye, you lying son of a bitch.

Robben likable? That's way too much even for a Dutch patriot.

Funnily enough, he's actually one of the most likable players from the Bayern squad to me. He doesn't fuck around talking shit after matches and is actually on point most of the time. However, his diving antics are still making him an ass.

Is it okay to like players while they're at Dortmund but instantly start to dislike them once they're transfered to Bayern?

Robben likable? That's way too much even for a Dutch patriot.

Yes and yes.

Lmao. The transfer fee for the 18yo Sanches can apparently grow to 80m:
35M + 45 M in bonuses
http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi/emitentes/docs/FR60211.pdf
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4ioj8c/official_renato_sanches_to_fc_bayern/

*bow* to the Portuguese, best football traders in the world.

El Topo

Damn, Redcafe has a 70-page thread for Sanches. That has to hurt. Sorry.

Edit:
Also not sure if I'm happy about Bayern spending that much money in general.

That sounds more like it can grow to 45m to me.
Why? The Portuguese on there are saying otherwise. Also, Utd. was rumored to pay over 60m pounds, so why not?

/Here's a link from yesterday: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...News-Benfica-80m-Signing-Rumour-Gossip-Latest

"It looks like it will be €40m (£31.5m) up front and then €40m (£31.5m) in add-ons.

//The salary must be insane too since Utd. had been in the race, probably north of Götze's 12m, lol

Gambit

Triple post for maximum glory:

Bayern confirms the transfers of Mats Hummels and Renato Sanches!
Both around 35 million each.

I said goddamn!

Wow, Sanches came out of nowhere. Maybe these few Alexis Sanchez rumours were reporters catching the wrong name. Suck it, Ortlepp!

Syder

In other news West Ham have apparently bid £20m for Walcott.
A fair price for us to pay, in my opinion. I've criticised Theo for years but he's undoubtedly talented. There'll be a lot less pressure on him to be the second coming of Henry if the deal goes through. The only issue is us trumping up big amounts of money yet again for an injury prone player.

I prefer the story where we want Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Beefy

A fair price for us to pay, in my opinion. I've criticised Theo for years but he's undoubtedly talented. There'll be a lot less pressure on him to be the second coming of Henry if the deal goes through. The only issue is us trumping up big amounts of money yet again for an injury prone player.

I prefer the story where we want Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Only problem with Theo is he is crazy one footed. He basically never uses his left foot. Plus yeah he is injury prone. We are after Oxo apparently.

Oh, okay. I tried my best with my fake Portuguese skills and didn't see those posts.

Depends on what the criteria is that needs to be fulfilled but that's potentially insane.

Pretty sure the criteria won't be: 2017: CL trophy, 2018 CL trophy, etc. lol. Benfica ain't stupid, they know their track record.
http://www.abola.pt/clubes/ver.aspx?t=3&id=611325

Renato Sanches no Bayern por 35 milhões de euros, €45 milhões por objetivos
(edit: meh, they're just citing the Benfica press release)

They will easily spend over 200-250m on both of them over the course of 4 years. And error prone, slow ass Hummels will be 32 by then, while 18yo Sanches could flop like Goatze.

//
Bereits im Februar hatten wir auf unserem Online-Portal vom Interesse des FC Bayern an Renato Sanches berichtet. Damals war von einer Ausstiegsklausel von 80 Millionen Euro die Rede, diese haben die Bayern aber offenbar durch clevere Verhandlungen umgangen. Das Juwel wird übrigens vom prominenten Spielerberater Jorge Mendes vertreten, der unter anderem auch Cristiano Ronaldo zu seinen Klienten zählt.
http://www.tz.de/sport/fc-bayern/fc...-sanches-benfica-lissabon-talent-6388435.html

It says that the buy out clause was supposed to be 80m, but that they now only paid 35m through clever deals. Uh huh, let's just put 35 + 45 together :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom