• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Only problem with Theo is he is crazy one footed. He basically never uses his left foot. Plus yeah he is injury prone. We are after Oxo apparently.
To be honest, I think it's all just paper talk. I'd be shocked if Wenger was willing to give up on his decade long pet project.

GHG

A fair price for us to pay, in my opinion. I've criticised Theo for years but he's undoubtedly talented. There'll be a lot less pressure on him to be the second coming of Henry if the deal goes through. The only issue is us trumping up big amounts of money yet again for an injury prone player.

I prefer the story where we want Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Ox is equally injury prone, if not more so.

That Sanches stuff holy shit. Thought it was basically a 99% lock for United. How did they mess that up?

Bit pricey for Bayern too for someone so young.

35 for Sanches?

16286409295_ffda04216e_o.gif

He's a (physically) strong player for his age. That's really it. He's a strong 18 year old boy. He' not particularly skilled.

There have also been rumors he is not 18 and lately he developed a strange condition in his chest usually associated with performance-enhancing drugs.

*bow* to the Portuguese, best football traders in the world.

It's more because of Jorge Mendes and the relationship with a fund with some big teams in Europe. Basically porto and benfica have, for quite a while, build a relationship with the agent and some shoddy funds to help them finance and sell players. The clubs have audited accounts and they usually just bank between 50-60% of the transfer value. The rest is percentages of third party owners and transfer fees, very shoddy money that seems to be completely untraceable. This ridiculous values are probably just money-laundering.

yet it's funny how they didn't make bank on the best portuguese player in the world

Sporting had a very incompetent board (luckily they are all about to be legally judged by their decisions).

Jack cw

That Sanches stuff holy shit. Thought it was basically a 99% lock for United. How did they mess that up?

Bit pricey for Bayern too for someone so young.
Similar to Thiago. United lost a lot of their appeal I guess. And Sanches is to skilled to fail. Even if he does a Robinho or Götze, he will get us some money. Sanches, Coman and Kimmich have all wordclass potential. In 3 years this squad will be fun to watch.

MrKaepora

35 for Sanches?

16286409295_ffda04216e_o.gif

He's a (physically) strong player for his age. That's really it. He's a strong 18 year old boy. He' not particularly skilled.

There have also been rumors he is not 18 and lately he developed a strange condition in his chest usually associated with performance-enhancing drugs.

It's more because of Jorge Mendes and the relationship with a fund with some big teams in Europe. Basically porto and benfica have, for quite a while, build a relationship with the agent and some shoddy funds to help them finance and sell players. The clubs have audited accounts and they usually just bank between 50-60% of the transfer value. The rest is percentages of third party owners and transfer fees, very shoddy money that seems to be completely untraceable. This ridiculous values are probably just money-laundering.

Sporting had a very incompetent board (luckily they are all about to be legally judged by their decisions).
It seems that even here I can taste the salt of "dragartos".

This kid was the target of a massive attack by sporting fans and even by the president of that club. They can't grasp the reality of Benfica doing a better deal when their biggest sale was Nani hence all the attacks on Sanches and every kid that comes from Seixal because it seems they can be the only ones to form a good player in Portugal

Doubts about his age? Just search youtube and see some not so many years ago videos of him in Benfica youngsters and tell me if you think that's the face of a 20 year old. Rumours of drug use? Only if read Sporting forums.

Because of assholes, the press combed the private life of a kid even bringing the fight between his mom and dad.

Instead of attacking Benfica, do a better job in Europe and find a coach that doesn't give up on international cups just to focus on the national ones, that being the championship. Maybe then will people treat you as Sporting Clube de Portugal and not as Sporting Lisbon.

And now that I cleared this out of the way, here's a message for Bayern fans: you did an amazing purchased of a fine young man that can be one of the best on his position. You played against us and saw what he can do and what are his limitations. I would prefer if Sanches stayed with us for another year. He still has a lot to learn and must develop a tick skin to not get affected by what the press says. Make him grouth in your club, appreciate him by what he is, a diamond that needs to be polished. Guide him and make him feel at home. You won't regret.

spidye

Here goes to 1 team league with Dortmunds best players going to Bayern yet again.... how can people like this league
It's a much more competitive league than serie A or league 1

This year even premier league had a champion before bundesliga had (by 3 days ;) )
It seems that even here I can taste the salt of "dragartos".

This kid was the target of a massive attack by sporting fans and even by the president of that club. They can't grasp the reality of Benfica doing a better deal when their biggest sale was Nani hence all the attacks on Sanches and every kid that comes from Seixal because it seems they can be the only ones to form a good player in Portugal

Doubts about his age? Just search youtube and see some not so many years ago videos of him in Benfica youngsters and tell me if you think that's the face of a 20 year old. Rumours of drug use? Only if read Sporting forums.

Because of assholes, the press combed the private life of a kid even bringing the fight between his mom and dad.

Instead of attacking Benfica, do a better job in Europe and find a coach that doesn't give up on international cups just to focus on the national ones, that being the championship. Maybe then will people treat you as Sporting Clube de Portugal and not as Sporting Lisbon.

And now that I cleared this out of the way, here's a message for Bayern fans: you did an amazing purchased of a fine young man that can be one of the best on his position. You played against us and saw what he can do and what are his limitations. I would prefer if Sanches stayed with us for another year. He still has a lot to learn and must develop a tick skin to not get affected by what the press says. Make him grouth in your club, appreciate him by what he is, a diamond that needs to be polished. Guide him and make him feel at home. You won't regret.
Class post. Thanks for the insight

jrmanimal

Bayern dropping all the money already. Nice buy in Hummels and Benfica with another huge sell...Benfica is the best seller in the football world.

Juventus is getting the youngster Matheus Pereira from Corinthians. Really good player with huge technique, but a bit lazy and slow. Also he thinks he's a superstar already. Still, really nice prospect. He should've stayed :(

It's a much more competitive league than serie A or league 1

This year even premier league had a champion before bundesliga had (by 3 days ;

What is that stat supposed to show tho? Watching Bayern steamroll everyone is not as entertaining or competitive as watching former champions Chelsea meltdown, Arsenal, United and City go shit, Spurs and West Ham rise and a team like Leicester wiping the floor with everyone.

It must be nice being the only strong team in an entire country, so if any upstarts dare to mount a challenge you can just nip it in the bud by buying their important players.

Rumours of drug use? Only if read Sporting forums.

Drug use is a standard in the sporting world, amateur and professional. If he isn't on something then he is an anomaly.

As long as it is legal (and there are many illegal and disallowed drugs that don't show which are pretty much a standard) then most players will be using it often recommended by coaches and medical staff, it is such a norm that players probably don't even realise most of it is doping.

The whole anti-drugs in sports is a total farce, from the way the testing system works to what the actual test can detect to what is allowed and what isn't. If someone gets caught they fucked up. they were given a dodgy dose or they have been targeted. I wish the whole charade would just fall away.

MrKaepora

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=76310=GoldenCrow;203119540]Drug use is a standard in the sporting world, amateur and professional. If he isn't on something then he is an anomaly.

As long as it is legal (and there are many illegal and disallowed drugs that don't show which are pretty much a standard) then most players will be using it often recommended by coaches and medical staff, it is such a norm that players probably don't even realise most of it is doping.

The whole anti-drugs in sports is a total farce, from the way the testing system works to what the actual test can detect to what is allowed and what isn't. If someone gets caught they fucked up. they were given a dodgy dose or they have been targeted. I wish the whole charade would just fall away.
Is Ronaldo on drugs?

Is Messi on drugs?

Are they anomalies?

Why can't Sanches be an anomaly? No, that is impossible so let's put out false rumours, misinformation and even create topics about a wart that is in Sanches body.

I can't say if he is taking something legal or illegal to perform well but I'm sure that Bayern wouldn't give this kind of money for a youngster without submiting him to some serious tests.

Sanches has been playing tremendous football all season and that is starting to show on him and the rest of Benfica squad. Last few games we saw a Sanches without focus, that fails easy passes and can't perform well in general. He is tired and needs holydays.

The rest is just trash talk and an old rivalry between two of the biggest portuguese clubs.

Edit: here's 80 year old Renato playing with some kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qyzdO86oKE

Is Ronaldo on drugs?

Is Messi on drugs?

Are they anomalies?

Yes to all you see Ronaldo in his documentary taking a pre-workout. Those are full of stims. He openly said he took stem cells to speed up recovery. I don't know what Messi takes nor am I interested. They are also anomalies because with taking whatever they do they are on a level playing field with access to the same stuff as every professional, most of the top stars have the same doctors anyway and still stand above the rest.

TheChamp

What is that stat supposed to show tho? Watching Bayern steamroll everyone is not as entertaining or competitive as watching former champions Chelsea meltdown, Arsenal, United and City go shit, Spurs and West Ham rise and a team like Leicester wiping the floor with everyone.

Thats whats so good about the Premier Legaue and the Championship anything can happen you have a top 2 of Leicester & Tottenham (im sure they will be a force next year), West Ham who are looking up with a stadium move before next season.

You have Man City who were in the Champions League semis who could fall out of the top 4 and not qualify next season if United with both games. And you have Liverpool down in 8th in the Europa League final who knocked out both Dortmund (Budesliga 2nd) and Villareal (La Liga 4th)

And then there us with 3 wins all season and yet show how manage to all but relegate Newcastle

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Surely Dortmund would have agreed before the cup final too?

I just think everyone involved looks bad. I mean they obviously they all knew he was going but it doesn't do German football any favours that they would let the biggest team poach from their rivals right before a cup final.

You have Man City who were in the Champions League semis who could fall out of the top 4 and not qualify next season if United with both games. And you have Liverpool down in 8th in the Europa League final who knocked out both Dortmund (Budesliga 2nd) and Villareal (La Liga 4th)

Arsenal can also drop out if they lose the last game, City win at the weekend and United win both games. City would be equal on points but ahead via goal difference and United would have more points making Arsenal 5th.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Arsenal can also drop out if they lose the last game, City win at the weekend and United win both games. City would be equal on points but ahead via goal difference and United would have more points making Arsenal 5th.

they're playing Villa at home. If they lost and dropped to 5th I don't think Wenger would make it out the building.

Hummels' "explanation" for the transfer is on his facebook if anyone cares, and it is, as expected, a huge bunch of nonsense.

I just think everyone involved looks bad. I mean they obviously they all knew he was going but it doesn't do German football any favours that they would let the biggest team poach from their rivals right before a cup final.
It's better for us to have it done now than to fuck around for another 2 weeks with Hummels' "I haven't decided yet" bullshit and keep everyone in the dark. Especially when you can expect someone at Bayern to leak the final deal to Bild two or one days before the final.

Ashes

Banned
Being a Man Utd fan, with having West Ham be the local club, I am feeling more conflicted than I thought I'd be. Upton Park, yes I call it that, though Boleyn ground is the official name, will be missed.

Bit teary seeing the BBC Sport piece on the ground.

Still, whatever it is that kicks in, to make us lifelong fans of a club, inevitablly kicks in. UTD aren't vying for league titles and won't be challenging for champion's league glory for a while, but damn would it be satisfying, to relegate man city to Europa league for one season. :p

TheChamp

Villa are not beating Arsenal... if we do I will shave my hair completely live on Twitch

King_Moc

Banned
CiHVtAPWsAE1_6a.jpg

CiHalpVXEAEoqEk.jpg

I mean, I hate Utd as much as the next guy, but come on now...

Edit: That's the Utd team coach, being attacked by some extremely classy West Ham fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom