• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagal

:lol

England will never be relevant again

Again?
uUu9hwp.png

Well deserved

Carbonox

It's like a breath of fresh air washing over the Newcastle squad currently. Coloccini's gone. Cisse's gone. Obertan's gone (earlier in the year). Taylor's gone.

sensazionale

Isaac Hayden and Grant Hanley inbound to complete our CB collection.

spidye

So since Götze's pretty much gone, Müller and Lewa forgot how to score goals, RIbery and Robben mostly dead and Costa being decent at best since january we are desperately in need of a decent striker

save us carlo

Elchele

So since Götze's pretty much gone, Müller and Lewa forgot how to score goals, RIbery and Robben mostly dead and Costa being decent at best since january we are desperately in need of a decent striker

save us carlo

Nah, we're set. Maybe James could come to replace Gotze but that's it I think

RM rejectees aren't expensive

Maybe until a few years ago. James would easily be a 60+ million seller, not even talking about the wages.
I personally like James, but I get that Isco and James is a bit too much for the bench and if you can get Pogba with the transfer money from James, why not.

It's a great start but it's unfathomable that it's taken them this long to do it. The PL have been doing it since the beginning and it's it being like that for that long that's made the league as competitive as it is. That in turn has only let to higher revenues as anyone can be beaten by anyone and its exciting the world over.

True and I think that almost every competition will copy the premier league from now on.
The global selling of the TV rights in Spain is even written in the law and the thing is, Madrid and Barcelona get the same amount of money as when they were selling them separate from each other. Makes you wonder why they waited so long.

What I don't understand is how La Liga can get more money out of the TV rights than let's say Germany (considering how healthy the country is financially).

El Topo

What I don't understand is how La Liga can get more money out of the TV rights than let's say Germany (considering how healthy the country is financially).

Because no one in Germany likes Pay TV; it is generally seen as a really tough market. Bundesliga has also simply been bad at promoting itself.

Because no one in Germany likes Pay TV; it is generally seen as a really tough market. Bundesliga has also simply been bad at promoting itself.

Thanks for the explanation! If I'm not mistaken, it's also really cheap to go to a game in Germany, while in Spain you get high ticket prices and stadiums that are half empty...

DBT85

Today France shall beat Portugal, and then United shall sign The Pog back.

pls.

Pogba has a blinder and signs for Madrid, stays for life wins ballon d'or 3 times and complete la vigésimo. Mou turns to drink, Woodward buys Fat Ronaldo for a billion pounds.

Jack cw

Bayern selling all the bench worldclass.
With Rode, Benatia, Götze and Höjbjerg we have over 20 million on wages free.
Wonder what Carlo has in mind. We will know tomorrow.

ElyrionX

Guys, I don't understand how we are outbidding Real on Pogba? Are we really financially stronger or Real does not see the value in bidding so much?

I've always thought United can't compete with Real financially. What changed?

Guys, I don't understand how we are outbidding Real on Pogba? Are we really financially stronger or Real does not see the value in bidding so much?

Maybe Real are finally going to spend massive money where it's needed rather than vanity buys

Man Utd will get a much greater improvement with this £100m than Madrid would

Woodward's job is probably on the line.

DBT85

Even if we get relegated, the TV money is like £100m. Because of that and the corporate machine that Woodward has made (credit to him for one thing at least) United can basically do whatever they want if they want to.

Also, I imagine there will be £50m combining in from player sales.

But I'm not holding my breath on Pogba. I'd love it but I'll wait to see him sign before getting excited.

Watching videos of him last season just makes me laugh.

spidye

It's official now.
Sammer will not come back. He says he's not up to the high workload anymore.
His tasks and work will be divided and his role at the club will get disbanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom