• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The English Football League Trophy idea pretty much sums up the state of the FA. Bunch of mindless fuckwits. Something like that is sorely needed but it is such a half baked idea.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

€40m for a two year contract goddamn. He was probably earning a tenth of that at Saints.

At least the club got £13m-ish out of the deal. I doubt you could ask much more than that for a 31 old. £5m profit and 30 odd goals.

Beefy

€40m for a two year contract goddamn. He was probably earning a tenth of that at Saints.

At least the club got £13m-ish out of the deal. I doubt you could ask much more than that for a 31 old. £5m profit and 30 odd goals.

That and a guy who has a busted knee.

sora87

Lots of sad news today.
Benteke's agent now saying there's no truth in the stories that he's getting sold. Just leave Chris, it's the best move for everyone involved.

Allardyce and Klinsmann the front runners for the england job? The FA will never learn.

Lots of sad news today.
Benteke's agent now saying there's no truth in the stories that he's getting sold. Just leave Chris, it's the best move for everyone involved.

Allardyce and Klinsmann the front runners for the england job? The FA will never learn.

Benteke refusing a transfer and collecting his six-figure weekly salary from the bench would be hilarious.

re: Premfaces app

Received this question a couple times (how to add image tags to a selection) so I thought I would show how:

cRkpVT3.gif

Once you click the link icon to get the direct link, you then have the option to add img tags to it on the bottom [ADD IMG TAGS]. This may not be the most obvious UI decision but i thought I would follow Google guidelines as much as I can.

panos.png

Syder

Pogba renews if he's a moron. Sério A won't do shit for his brand and CV from now on. Time to move.
Yup. He's one of the young players on the planet that seem destined to be a Ballon d'Or winner, he needs to prove it in a better league, either La Liga or the Premier League, or he'll continue to be thought of as 'that wonderkid'.

spidye

Yup. He's one of the young players on the planet that seem destined to be a Ballon d'Or winner, he needs to prove it in a better league, either La Liga or the Premier League, or he'll continue to be thought of as 'that wonderkid'.

premier league eh?

since the beginning of ballon d'or not even one player from the premier league has actually won it
in fact only players from barca, real or bayern were nominated.

Syder

premier league eh?

since the beginning of ballon d'or not even one player from the premier league has actually won it
in fact only players from barca, real or bayern were nominated.
I'm not going to get into a discussion about why the Premier League is better than Serie A. It should be pretty obvious.

Besides the Ballon d'Or has been at the mercy of Messi and Ronaldo for the last 8 years.

spidye

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Ballon_d'Or
I don't think he's going to win a prize discontinued in 2009.
Even if you want to compare it to former prizes compare it with fifa world player of the year when in 18 years mostly players from seria A or la liga teams have won it and once c. ronaldo from manchester U
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Player_of_the_Year

I'm not going to get into a discussion about why the Premier League is better than Serie A. It should be pretty obvious.

Besides the Ballon d'Or has been at the mercy of Messi and Ronaldo for the last 8 years.
I don't know how you came to the conclusion that premier league is worse than any said league. I just stated some facts and history has shown us staying in italy or spain grants you a higher chance for winnig the title of the best footballer in the world.
Take that as you want m8 :)

Syder

I just stated some facts and history has shown us staying in italy or spain grants you a higher chance for winnig the title of the best footballer in the world.
qh8VVeJ.png
Been 10 years since Kaká's win, he left 2 years later and Serie A has been pretty horrible to watch since that era. From 02-07 roughly, Serie A was the league I found most entertaining.

Elchele

remember when David Suazo won the best Serie A player award, but because dat italian racism, they gave it to Kaká and Suazo together :lol

top class league

Carbonox

Sissoko is the biggest whiner in Football and full of more shit than a shanty town landfill. Claiming he gave his all for Newcastle is absurd.

He makes my nipples leak when he stretches his big black legs and steams through teams like Thomas the Tank on crack. Then he opens his mouth and makes me want to five star frog splash the entirety of France from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Sissoko pls, why do you do this to me. No one's biting on the 35m lure unless you get in a plane and drop leaflets over the whole of China to ramp up interest.

DBT85

After his stint at Madrid?

The Pogba thread on redcafe has reached new levels of insanity, arguing the merits of Pogba listening to trap music and Drake as part of his marketability.
It's been amazing to read lol. GlastonSpur pushing all the right buttons lol.

Seems like we are gonna offer Morata a better deal, as we want him to stay at Real Madrid for next season.

Real would be crazy to sell him. He's a 'cheap' and perfect striker for us. Benzema has been injury prone lately and you cannot compete on all fronts with 1 striker. They should offer Morata a new 6 year contract.
That's why I feel that an extra central midfielder is really needed. Modric is going from one injury to another and Isco and James are a little bit to attacking to replace Casemiro/Modric when they are out.

Especially if you consider the 2 transfer period ban. That said, most players are still quite young only Ronaldo and Pepe are over 30 years old.

Vincent Janssen to Spurs confirmed.

CnKAL4yWEAEYASJ.jpg

22 million is a lot of money for Janssen, he has to grow a lot if he wants to be anywhere near a premier league worthy player, let alone the top.
Scoring a lot of goals in Holland is not that difficult. I've seen him play a few times and it would really surprise me if he's the striker Tottenham sees in him. Did they even scout him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom