• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

That's why I feel that an extra central midfielder is really needed. Modric is going from one injury to another and Isco and James are a little bit to attacking to replace Casemiro/Modric when they are out.

I'm still waiting for us to sign that backup left back and midfielder. That's all we really need if we keep Morata which I hope.

Also, Medran have been sold to Valencia CF from Real Madrid Castilla. I would imagine with a buy-back clause but I haven't read into it.

bjaelke

Tom English @BBCTomEnglish
The Imps' left-back was driving a taxi until 1pm today apparently. A colossal humiliation for Celtic.

:lol

I'm still waiting for us to sign that backup left back and midfielder. That's all we really need if we keep Morata which I hope.

Also, Medran have been sold to Valencia CF from Real Madrid Castilla. I would imagine with a buy-back clause but I haven't read into it.

I read somewhere that Coentrao is seen as the LB backup. (And that he's out until november...).

Kanté is rumored because he only costs around 25 million, but apparently a chinese team is bidding more than 40 million, lol.
I still hope that Pogba is the star signing, but seeing the money involved in Man Utd, he's probably not feasible at the time.

And Real has a buy-back clause for Medran, as they do with every big talent. I always found these transfers weird for big clubs like Valencia or Juventus (with Morata).

Pachimari

We won't go for Pogba if Manchester are willing to break the bank for him, unless Perez gets an ego-flip. I'm also still not convinced Coentrao will be back, he has done so poorly for us.

Jack cw

Andre Schürrle to Dortmund is nearly done. His agent said they agreed on a contract, Wolfsburg is looking for replacement. Transfer fee is 35m + bonus. I wonder what they will pay for Götze:D

Syder

Let's all laugh at Celtic Brendan.
cHNjGdP.png

FTFY.​

http://e1.365dm.com/14/01/768x432/Luuk-de-Jong-Newcastle-1024_3074726.jpg?20140129174158[IMG]

v2[/QUOTE]

His short stint in the Dutch squad already showed he's better than De Jong with a lot more potential. Not saying he will succeed though, I mean look at young Memphis....

I hope he'll succeed though!

What makes you say that? Was he spectacularly poor in the Euros or something? I didn't watch much of France.

Its Elchele

He knows fuck all about anything, less about football, and even less about English football ¬¬

Kante may not reach his heights of last season, can't see him flopping though.

TrueBlue

Its Elchele

He knows fuck all about anything, less about football, and even less about English football ¬¬

Kante may not reach his heights of last season, can't see him flopping though.

I see.

Not going to lie, a midfield that features an in form Kante and Matic makes me a little but giddy.

Don't think there's much need for Matic when you have Kante tbh

If Fabregas can get back on form he'll allow you to either play 4-4-2 with him next to the DM, or 4-2-3-1 with him behind the striker. Pretty big if though considering how poor he was last season. Christ knows how Conte will even set the team up though, think he had 3 centrebacks and 2 wingbacks for his entire time at Juve, but don't think Chelsea have the players to suit that system. Not yet, anyway.

bjaelke

If Fabregas can get back on form he'll allow you to either play 4-4-2 with him next to the DM, or 4-2-3-1 with him behind the striker. Pretty big if though considering how poor he was last season. Christ knows how Conte will even set the team up though, think he had 3 centrebacks and 2 wingbacks for his entire time at Juve, but don't think Chelsea have the players to suit that system. Not yet, anyway.

Fabregas is united bound

Syder

http://safc.com/news/club-news/2016/july/club-comment-sam-allardyce

Allardyce in talks to become the next England manager.
Big Sam was too good for Sunderland. Something had to happen to re-initiate the circle of life in up there; bottom 3 in March, sack manager, survive, repeat.
that would surprise me, as Fabregas was one of the laziest during the chelsea fiasco last year.
He was still one of their better players statistically speaking.

Gothos

Damn, I still need to remind myself that Conte is in Chelsea and not Mou :)

TrueBlue

True.

Exciting times, if only because we might see a decent shift in playstyle.

Jarnet87

I can't see Mou bringing any of his Chelsea players after the fallout of last season. Think it's just easy and lazy paper talk. People were linking Willian to United as well.

Biggest concern for me with Sam is will he be just another England manager starstruck by the big names and play them over guys who are in better form or fit his vision.

Audioboxer

The last thing United need is another central midfielder. Christ.

I mean Pogba is Pogba, but now Fabregas rumoured? How about we sort out if Basti and Schneiderlin are leaving first.

DBT85

I think
hope
that the Fabregas stuff is just mutterings to poke Juve a bit.

Biggest concern for me with Sam is will he be just another England manager starstruck by the big names and play them over guys who are in better form or fit his vision.

I don't have that worry with him tbh, he's big and brash and he'll do what he wants. He's shown in the past when fans haven't like his way of doing things that he's quite happy to keep doing it.

dragn

Andre Schürrle to Dortmund is nearly done. His agent said they agreed on a contract, Wolfsburg is looking for replacement. Transfer fee is 35m + bonus. I wonder what they will pay for Götze:D
i fkn cant believe it, to pay so much for him. max 15 million worth, he sure was good at the euro lol

Tubie

Looks like we might sell Nacho to Roma for 11m.

I don't like this move at all, Nacho is a great back up CB that can even play RB or LB when needed.

i fkn cant believe it, to pay so much for him. max 15 million worth, he sure was good at the euro lol

Then don't and wait for proper sources. Bild/SportBild also said Dembele cost 20m + up to another 15m in bonus or something like that. If we really paid 35m+, Schürrle would already wear a BVB shirt right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom