• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how LFC have just got rid of a 30+ year old over the hill CB so now we're linked with multiple 30+ over the hill CB's

We didn't exactly get rid of Toure, he wants to end his career playing rather than shuffling between the bench and the stands. Now we need someone willing to play that role since as it stands we'll have 2 centrebacks+Lucas when the season starts.

Business will probably be decided by Sakho and Gomez's results, boh achilles injuries I think which could be anything from 1 month to 6.

Bring legendary targetman Caulker back.

edit: completely forgot that Skrtel counts as 30+ year old over-the-hill centreback. He's shite though, would rather have Lucas at the back than him these days. Think he was on big wages as well, given how many extensions he must have signed over the last 8 years

sora87

We didn't exactly get rid of Toure, he wants to end his career playing rather than shuffling between the bench and the stands. Now we need someone willing to play that role since as it stands we'll have 2 centrebacks+Lucas when the season starts.

Business will probably be decided by Sakho and Gomez's results, boh achilles injuries I think which could be anything from 1 month to 6.

Bring legendary targetman Caulker back.

edit: completely forgot that Skrtel counts as 30+ year old over-the-hill centreback. He's shite though, would rather have Lucas at the back than him these days. Think he was on big wages as well, given how many extensions he must have signed over the last 8 years

Yeah I was talking more about Skrtel, I saw an article which was the CB's we're linked with and the top 2 are Dante and Demichelis lol.

That sucks about Gomez injuries, kid seemed really solid when he actually played for a few months. Least Sakho's sounds less serious.

bjaelke

According to Dimitri Payet’s agent, Jacques Olivier Auguste, the interview that the English newspaper The S*n have released claiming that the French international is speaking to them is entirely fabricated.

The player’s agent spoke exclusively to our colleagues at Daily Mercato and had the following to say:

“I am surprised by this information because Dimitri has not done an interview with any media outlet. The only thing that is certain is that he is enjoying his holidays that he deserves and he is licking the wounds caused by the EURO 2016 final defeat. So he is only thinking about recharging at the moment. These declarations are pure inventions in the imagination of a journalist. This deserved a response.”

The S*n claimed that Dimitri Payet exclusively told them the following:

“I’m 100 per cent staying at West Ham, I love the club. I can tell the Hammers fans that.”
shit rag
���� #Kante to @ChelseaFC is done ! Medical within 48 hours. 5-year-contract, €36m ! #Chelsea

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/753906999734181888

Reliable source

Few others confirming the story

Sam Wallace @SamWallaceTel
N'Golo Kante deal from Leicester City to Chelsea understood to have been completed for £30m. More to come @TeleFootball

Elchele

is rafinha still part of our team???

1066.gif

Syder

We got drawn at home in our EL game but we're going to request that UEFA switch the fixtures so we can use the Olympic Stadium.

El Topo

Do you think Milch and Phantast are somewhere in a bar, celebrating with other Dortmund fans? I hope so, they deserve it. The son has come home.

They give you more money but the transfer fees and contracts get ridiculous after just a couple of seasons in the current iteration. For example, Arsenal and Chelsea have like 60-80m and Pogba usually goes for upwards of 80m.

True, but still, I would imagine that you can buy almost anyone from any competition as a premier league team.
After the game is a few weeks out we'll know what the big talents etc are, if you buy them all at once in the first year, you're set for winning everything relatively easy.

Not to derail the thread, but that's something Football Manager should address, make some sort of difficulty setting.

Madrid bros I just picked up our latest home kit, without a doubt my favorite kit after the white/gold one from 11/12. I love the collar kickback to the retro kits.

Ohh and the fit.. ouf, it's great.

Shirt looks great! (As always honestly, also like the away shirt.)
The only thing I don't understand is why it always takes so long to announce it.

sohois

True, but still, I would imagine that you can buy almost anyone from any competition as a premier league team.
After the game is a few weeks out we'll know what the big talents etc are, if you buy them all at once in the first year, you're set for winning everything relatively easy.

Not to derail the thread, but that's something Football Manager should address, make some sort of difficulty setting.

Difficulty settings already exist.

Its called not starting at the rich and successful clubs.

Difficulty settings already exist.

Its called not starting at the rich and successful clubs.

I never play with a rich or successful club, that's not something for Football Manager imo, why playing with Real Madrid or Barcelona or Man City if they already have an almost complete and good squad.
That said, I like playing with a 'small' premier league team and building my way up, but this time it will be so easy. I know you can limit the transfer money with the editor and such, but I always felt that the AI is not that good. I want a team where I can play in the premier league and still have my (limited) transfer money, but not that you can become champion in 3 or 4 years.

sohois

I never play with a rich or successful club, that's not something for Football Manager imo, why playing with Real Madrid or Barcelona or Man City if they already have an almost complete and good squad.
That said, I like playing with a 'small' premier league team and building my way up, but this time it will be so easy. I know you can limit the transfer money with the editor and such, but I always felt that the AI is not that good. I want a team where I can play in the premier league and still have my (limited) transfer money, but not that you can become champion in 3 or 4 years.

I can see what you mean. I've always gone with low division teams myself but even that can be too easy; I remember a game where I took control of Dresden in the German third division and was still winning the Bundesliga within 5 seasons. But there are always bigger challenges out there. Coming up from the UK conference is tougher, or there is the San Marino challenge.

You could just take on a Championship team for a bit of extra difficulty

Do you think Milch and Phantast are somewhere in a bar, celebrating with other Dortmund fans? I hope so, they deserve it. The son has come home.

I'm so excited, I spent 2 hours at the Knappschaftskrankenhaus because I wanted to catch some Pummeluffs I expected to appear with the Pummelfee.

Pachimari

🔴🔴 #Kante to @ChelseaFC is done ! Medical within 48 hours. 5-year-contract, €36m ! #Chelsea

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/753906999734181888

Reliable source
Guess we aren't in for him. I really wonder what midfielder we'll go for if not for Pogba either.

But I'm glad Morata is staying on for next season, that's gonna be our best signing. And Coentrao staying is also alright. I just hope we don't sell off Nacho. He's very versatile and solid.

I can see what you mean. I've always gone with low division teams myself but even that can be too easy; I remember a game where I took control of Dresden in the German third division and was still winning the Bundesliga within 5 seasons. But there are always bigger challenges out there. Coming up from the UK conference is tougher, or there is the San Marino challenge.

You could just take on a Championship team for a bit of extra difficulty

I did that this year with Bournemouth (a team I never heard of until I played them :D ) and it was relatively easy imo. Just buy Balanta, Mammana and a few other cheap talents and you got your promotion in the first year.
Like you said, the game is too easy for veteran players, I understand that they don't wanna make it even more difficult for newcomers, but just a better AI and a difficulty setting would go a long way imo. They need a good competitor, you can see year after year that they care less and less about the game itself and rather focus on ridiculous micro-transactions and mobile ports.

And what's the San Marino challenge? I don't play national teams ;)

Guess we aren't in for him. I really wonder what midfielder we'll go for if not for Pogba either.

But I'm glad Morata is staying on for next season, that's gonna be our best signing. And Coentrao staying is also alright. I just hope we don't sell off Nacho. He's very versatile and solid.

Yup, very surprising honestly, Kanté would have been a very good and cheap alternative for Pogba. Chelsea did a very good transfer imo, he fits perfectly in the premier league.

Jack cw

I'm so excited, I spent 2 hours at the Knappschaftskrankenhaus because I wanted to catch some Pummeluffs I expected to appear with the Pummelfee.

2/10.
I really hope he gets all his skill back at Dortmund.
His inability to play professional football reminds me of the "swap" TV spot with Ronaldo.

DBT85

Mahrez wants out. Vardy will end up playing in a scrub team next season.

What a shame.

He turned down Arsenal tho?

Would be a shame for him to stay and Kante and Mahrez to leave. But I can understand both. They are younger and this is their chance to command a high wage. Won't get it if Leicester come 10th this season.

Leicester City @LCFC
CONFIRMED: #lcfc reach agreement with @ChelseaFC for the transfer of @nglkante. More follows...

Everyone just praises Vardy and Mahrez but in my opinion this guy was more crucial for Leicester last season.
I'm amazed that they didn't fight harder to keep him, amazing sign for chelsea.

Syder

United, City and Chelsea feel like nailed on Top 4 finishers with these signings (Players & Managers) and Arsene will probably maintain the status quo so the richest clubs' monopoly on the Top 4 seems to be returning.

Hooray...

sadmessi.png

bjaelke

Everyone just praises Vardy and Mahrez
Nah. He was equally praises by the football connoisseurs, described as the engine in team, nominated for poty and picked for the French national team. Problem is that the goals and assists by Mahrez and Vardy were easier to put into perspective and compare to other players. And that part resulted in a lot of talk on Twitter. Opta'd.

spidye

so did robben really get injured in his first friendly?

can't see the match

edit: indeed he is lol
you can't even make this up. it's just funny at this point

we really need a backup for ribery and robben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom