• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

american football is shit. Let's move on.

Robben status is really worrying. I think the change of medical staff, by Pep's request, had a very negative impact on him; the older medical team had his injuries mainly in control, like they gained experience on how to take care of him. At least that's how I see it.

I think we'll be ok with Coman and Costa as backups tho. And hopefully Carlo can promote someone from the reserves to be our third backup winger.

You cannot compare these two in the slightest.

I thought it was shit, too. But then I tried to understand it, and it's actually pretty fun to watch, once you get the gist of it.

And I prefer a good match of "handegg" over almost any football match w/o my team in it. But that's a story for another day....

Beefy

@philmcnulty
Liverpool close to signing Augsburg's 30-year-old Estonian central defender Ragnar Klavan. Cover - fee 5m Euros. Get the converter out.

American football can be incredibly entertaining, at least the playoffs.

As long as you don't mind adverts and pundits. Both of which happen to be the worst thing about televised sports. Get rid of that and you have a very entertaining sport, even if the ball is only in active play for 11 mins in about 3 hours.

Looks like we're trying to sign Wijnaldum.. Well, I trust Klopp at least so we'll see how it plays out.

I've seen him play at PSV for years and he's a good player, but I doubt Liverpool good. Especially if I hear the rumors about his transfer fee.
He's gonna score a lot of goals though, for a central midfielder.

Pachimari

Demba Ba's X-Ray. Shenhua has released a statement saying that the operation cannot go ahead until Demba Ba's family arrive.

ooYBAFeLrWmAS8GhAACMheODsyc145.jpg

God's speed and a fast recovery to this man. He wasn't with us for very long but he left a very good impression on the field and is by all accounts a nice guy off of it.

Oh my, this Demba Ba video is truly horrible

What happened to Ba?

Pretty good I'd say. Zorninger had a great start to his Brøndby career. 4 out of 4 wins so far.

Yeah, I were pretty impressed with how they played. I'm looking forward to Brøndby's next match.

[edit] Ah shit, just saw the video of Ba. All the best of luck to him.

sora87

30mil for Wijnaldum, crazy stuff plus LFC really don't need another attacking midfielder.. we need a good center back and left back. Kloppo is crazy.

T-Rex.

Banned
I've seen him play at PSV for years and he's a good player, but I doubt Liverpool good. Especially if I hear the rumors about his transfer fee.
He's gonna score a lot of goals though, for a central midfielder.
Yeah, he's not a bad player but it's pretty worrying if he's the best central midfielder we can get. I doubt we're bringing him in as an attacking midfielder since we're pretty stacked in that area.

Floody

Apparently, Klopp has advised Benteke, Adam Bogdan, Tiago Ilori, Mario Balotelli, Lazar Markovic and Lucas :( to leave, as they won't be playing.

The source is the Mirror though, so there's a high chance it's just BS. Wouldn't mind all them but Lucas gone though.

Apparently, Klopp has advised Benteke, Adam Bogdan, Tiago Ilori, Mario Balotelli, Lazar Markovic and Lucas :( to leave, as they won't be playing.

The source is the Mirror though, so there's a high chance it's just BS. Wouldn't mind all them but Lucas gone though.

Isn't Liverpool a bit harsh on Benteke?

sora87

Nah, he's proven he's not suited to our style, can hardly get a shot on target either.

We need Lucas to stay, the rest I'm fine with seeing the back of though. Sad about Llori but he's just too weak to be a premiership defender.

Floody

Maybe a bit harsh, it's just he doesn't suit the way we play, and with no European football and Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Mane and even Firmino all ahead of him he probably won't get much, if any time on the pitch now.

I think him at a West Ham or Palace would be really good, especially West Ham, Payet feeding Beneteke would destroy teams.

Nah, he's proven he's not suited to our style, can hardly get a shot on target either.

He's a weird striker for sure, when he was playing in Belgium everyone laughed at him at times (especially when he was called up for the national team). No one believed he could be a good striker even for a top team in Belgium, let alone England.
But he has grown a lot and personally I find 1 year a little bit short and Klopp never showed confidence in him, what also doesn't really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom