• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Vardy stayed on the basis that Leicester would retain Mahrez and Kanté. I imagine Leicester will now offer Mahrez a massive contract in order for things not to spiral out of control.

Did they not offer Kante a matching offer?

I'm still trying to figure out why he's leaving.

Jack cw

For all Bayern supporters:
We are out on Sane.
There was no offer or anything. The only club that made an offer was City. Player and club agreed on a 4 year contract.

Pachimari

Seems like we are very close to signing Andre Gomes from Valencia for €50 million. He'll be the understudy of Modric but we already have Kovacic for that. I guess Zidane wants a lot of depth.

Seems like we are very close to signing Andre Gomes from Valencia for €50 million. He'll be the understudy of Modric but we already have Kovacic for that. I guess Zidane wants a lot of depth.

I don't think it's lots of depth honestly. For the 3 central midfielders we have: Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Kovacic, Isco and James.
If Gomes comes, it wouldn't be that weird if Real would sell James or Kovavic.
That said, I like Gomes a lot, he's a wonderful player, but I rate Pogba higher and this makes his transfer to Man Utd a given. Which is a shame honestly.

And let's not forget we can't sign anyone for the next 2 transfer windows, Real and Atletico already said that they don't have much confidence in the appeal.
But if Gomes comes, we have signed 2 good players for the positions that needed a backup imo (striker and central midfield).
If Nacho goes I would expect another central defender and that's gonna probably be it. Seeing the squad Real has, it's a good mixture of talent and experience.

El Topo

For all Bayern supporters:
We are out on Sane.
There was no offer or anything. The only club that made an offer was City. Player and club agreed on a 4 year contract.

I think Bayern just heard Manchester and thought they'd have to step in, before they realized it's City, not United.

Well, they get 30m for Schürrle

lolol fuck me

Come on. Schürrle at a good team with a good coach? That could work out really well for you guys.

Pachimari

I don't think it's lots of depth honestly. For the 3 central midfielders we have: Modric, Casemiro, Kroos, Kovacic, Isco and James.
If Gomes comes, it wouldn't be that weird if Real would sell James or Kovavic.
That said, I like Gomes a lot, he's a wonderful player, but I rate Pogba higher and this makes his transfer to Man Utd a given. Which is a shame honestly.

And let's not forget we can't sign anyone for the next 2 transfer windows, Real and Atletico already said that they don't have much confidence in the appeal.
But if Gomes comes, we have signed 2 good players for the positions that needed a backup imo (striker and central midfield).
If Nacho goes I would expect another central defender and that's gonna probably be it. Seeing the squad Real has, it's a good mixture of talent and experience.
We won't buy another central defender if Nacho leaves, or else we would have kept Vallejo or Llorente. I think the club should try and convince Nacho to stay.

And honestly bringing back Coentrao is crap. He is not the same player, and he is damn injury prone. He's even out till November. We should have gone for another left back.

I'm also happy with our transfers if Gomes comes. Morata and Gomes were what we needed.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Andre Gomes is a good acquisition. Real is pretty much covered for the midfield in case of the transfer ban.

bjaelke

Manchester United are set to make an official bid for Paul Pogba in the next 24 hours with club officials meeting the Juventus directors Giuseppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici as well as the player’s agent, Mino Raiola, to discuss the deal.

United are expected to make an opening bid of £100m with £13m of that performance-related add-ons. Juventus are likely to reject that offer – they want £100m without add-ons to even contemplate a sale – and are still hoping to hold on to the 23-year-old midfielder, who has a contract until 2019.
giphy.gif

I don't get why Dortmund so desperately wants to sign Schürrle. He stagnates continuously since signing for Chelsea. And as soon as Reus is in due form again will they both play? Reus had his best games playing as a left winger as well. This doesn't make sense unless Tuchel wants to make Reus a playmaker...

spidye

so Ancelotti likes to play with a smaller squad it seems.
or he's trying to promote some youth players which would be a nice change.

so Ancelotti likes to play with a smaller squad it seems.
or he's trying to promote some youth players which would be a nice change.

Carlo strongly favors playing the same squad for Europe and big domestic games if everything is clicking. Doesn't feature youths unless they're hugely talented like Kaka or James at Madrid.

Blablurn

I'd rather watch Schalke than this 11

Schalke is hot right now

DSC Wanne-Eickel - FC Schalke 04 0:13 (0:5)

Tore: 0:1 Riether (18.), 0:2 Di Santo (37.), 0:3 Sam (39.), 0:4 Di Santo (40.), 0:5 Sam (42.), 0:6 Tekpetey (48.), 0:7 Embolo (55.), 0:8 Huntelaar (61.), 0:9 Tekpetey (65.), 0:10 Huntelaar (68.), 0:11 Embolo (71.), 0:12 Huntelaar (73./Foulelfmeter), 0:13 Embolo (79.)

Embolo is the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom