• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hätzlich Willkumme en d'r schönsten Stadt Deutschlands, Sehrou Guirassy!

Sehrou-Guirassy.jpg

Jack cw

Watch Juventus getting 150m from United.
On the other hand they bid over 100m for Müller last year and we didnt even bother.

As a former student of the University of Cologne all I can add to this comment is a slight chuckle.

I've been born and raised here, and even I have to admit, that other German cities are far more beautiful than Cologne. But somehow I cannot immagine living anywhere else within the country. There's just something special around here.

Jack cw

I've been born and raised here, and even I have to admit, that other German cities are far more beautiful than Cologne. But somehow I cannot immagine living anywhere else within the country. There's just something special around here.
It is definately not the beer m8.

El Topo

There's worse cities in Germany starting with a K.

DBT85

Are the FA finally growing a spine?

There are going to be so many "but but but its a mans sport" comments too. Mic the refs up too while you're at it.

Maybe one day?
https://youtu.be/ZsSoR-8e24M

EDIT: I'm getting a FM itch again, I get it every summer during transfer muppetry. Then I play for a week and realise I'm shit at it.

DBT85

Totally insane though.

Meh. Its got the quad tax of his age, our need, our money and Juve not wanting to let go.

It's a mental amount of money but its not like it's not there to be spent. The problem is that everyone knows it and so you get rinsed.

One chart that got posted on the muppetfest at redcafe was showing that as a percentage of our annual turnover, even at £100m it's less than Ferdinand or Veron cost.

Cnz9-lPXgAAZSRc.jpg

Boro got Negredo on a season long loan.

Wish I knew what happened behind the scenes when he was at CIty. Was banging them in in the first half of the season, 23 goals by January got injured then totally disappeared. Bought on a four year deal in the summer of 2013 and sold in the summer of 2014. Really unusual, Pellegrini said they sold him because he was home sick and he made a statement that he was nothing of the sort.

Meh. Its got the quad tax of his age, our need, our money and Juve not wanting to let go.

It's a mental amount of money but its not like it's not there to be spent. The problem is that everyone knows it and so you get rinsed.

You're talking about investing a mental amount of money on a player probably worth half that, at best. Then throw on top of that the fact that he was in United's Academy and it becomes outright laughable.

Further, it's all the hidden costs that could kill off United in the long run. How much is the agent pocketing off this? What about Pogba's wages, do they fit with current United wage structure?

The whole thing is nuts and if it was Chelsea or City making such a ridiculous overspend then they would be rightfully lambasted for it.

EDIT:

You're talking about investing a mental amount of money on a player probably worth half that, at best. Then throw on top of that the fact that he was in United's Academy and it becomes outright laughable.

Further, it's all the hidden costs that could kill off United in the long run. How much is the agent pocketing off this? What about Pogba's wages, do they fit with current United wage structure?

The whole thing is nuts and if it was Chelsea or City making such a ridiculous overspend then they would be rightfully lambasted for it.

EDIT:

Even though he is a gobshite I think The True Gordie put it best. United dropped one hell of a bollock.

Wish I knew what happened behind the scenes when he was at CIty. Was banging them in in the first half of the season, 23 goals by January got injured then totally disappeared. Bought on a four year deal in the summer of 2013 and sold in the summer of 2014. Really unusual, Pellegrini said they sold him because he was home sick and he made a statement that he was nothing of the sort.

Whatever it was, Negredo never recovered his form in Valencia. Still worked hard but couldn't get any separation from defenders. At this point he's the classic 9 who can score occasionally in the air but won't add much when the ball's on the ground.

DBT85

Of course they would, any club should be. But PL clubs fork out over the top all the time, it's become normal because of the TV deal and sugar daddies and its only going to get worse with the new deal. Ultimately, it ain't my money and United have the revenues to deal with it.

I'm not worrying about the long term costs, I'm not sure why anyone who doesn't support United would either. They wouldn't be spending this kind of money unless they thought they could do so and they have the revenues to back it up. I've no doubt some players will be out the door too. Surely the hope of seeing United fall off the pedestal they built themselves is the dream of every Pool and City fan?

That Fergie let him go and we are paying this much to bring him back is utter madness and I have to wonder what he thinks about it. Though if its the guy you want that bad, nothing should stop it. Had it been Real that let Ronaldo go they still would have taken him back.

The speculation is that Raiola owns 20% of Pogbas registration, so he'll get his cut out of the transfer fee since you can't do that in the UK. No idea on the wages.

He's not worth £100m today, nor was Martial worth £50m, the list goes on at every top club in the country with money to burn. Torres was arguably worth £50m, that went to shite.

Fuck, we're living in a world where Troy Deeney can't go to the champions of the PL for £30m.

bjaelke

"Allardyce to be confirmed as new England manager, Moyes in advanced talkes with Sunderland"

My condolences to both fan bases.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Weird, I thought Moyes went to Leeds

He should've been England manager

tbh we're fucked either way

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Manchester United have agreed to pay €120m for Paul Pogba, a deal is now agreed, according to L'Équipe

bjaelke

Grats DC!
Manchester United have agreed to pay €120m for Paul Pogba, a deal is now agreed, according to L'Équipe

Between that occurring and now, two things have happened, according to the French football newspaper’s website.

One, Juventus have accepted Paul Pogba’s decision to leave.

Two, Manchester United have accepted to pay what Juventus demanded yesterday, €120m plus bonuses.

Mino Raiola, according to certain indiscretions aside from this new report, has agreed a €24m package from Manchester United.

This would take the transfer to €144m, excluding bonuses.
I knew I should have followed my dreams of becoming a football agent.

Allardyce will have a clear idea of what he wants the England team to play like, unlike every manager since Venables or Hoddle.

I oouldn't give a toss how England play, internationals are about results, and I think Allardyce will do a lot better than Hodgson or Capello.

tim.mbp

Whatever it was, Negredo never recovered his form in Valencia. Still worked hard but couldn't get any separation from defenders. At this point he's the classic 9 who can score occasionally in the air but won't add much when the ball's on the ground.

He was pretty good under Neville though. Had some crazy wonder strikes like the one against Rayo.

Floody

Allardyce will have a clear idea of what he wants the England team to play like, unlike every manager since Venables or Hoddle.

I oouldn't give a toss how England play, internationals are about results, and I think Allardyce will do a lot better than Hodgson or Capello.

Yeah, that's where I stand too, Sam will play his style of football, not try and play like Barca or anyone else, and it'll work much better, as we don't have good enough players to play like Roy tried to. I don't think he'll just pick players based on their name and team either, which has always been England's problem, picking names and forcing them to play together even if that mean they play in the wrong positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom