• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

Allardyce will have a clear idea of what he wants the England team to play like, unlike every manager since Venables or Hoddle.

I oouldn't give a toss how England play, internationals are about results, and I think Allardyce will do a lot better than Hodgson or Capello.

Yep, even if it's hoof ball at least that is what Sam will drill into the team.

la_briola

Kicker (26mio) and SZ (23mio) are both reporting that Goatze to BVB is done.
cm-kiss.gif

Kicker (26mio) and SZ (23mio) are both reporting that Goatze to BVB is done.
cm-kiss.gif
Funnily enough, Hennecke (Kicker) and Röckenhaus (SZ) are seen as journalists close to BVB. And still come up with a different price lol

Edit: In before BayernGAF believing Bild's 30m or whatever it was.

Jack cw

Hilarious things to witness tonight:
Pep cant win against Carlo.
British goalies are slapstick.
Carlo stood longer in his coaching zone than Pep.
City isnt used to play possession.
Good luck, Pep.

sora87

Liverpool has accepted a £13m bid from Stoke for Joe Allen. Be sad to see him go but seems like a good deal all round.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-accept-13m-bid-stoke-11643253

That's really bad, Allen is what we need when we want to control a game, we don't really have anyone else like him... plus we don't exactly have a lot of depth in CM. Not impressed. Fucking stoke too, ugh.

4r9a54.gif~c200

Floody

Obligatory Big Sam gif.
EMKfdxW.jpg

That's really bad, Allen is what we need when we want to control a game, we don't really have anyone else like him... plus we don't exactly have a lot of depth in CM. Not impressed. Fucking stoke too, ugh.

Yeah, sad to see him go, but I can't really blame him, he's better than a bench player and 13m for a squad player on the last year of his contract isn't too bad.

Meh. Its got the quad tax of his age, our need, our money and Juve not wanting to let go.

It's a mental amount of money but its not like it's not there to be spent. The problem is that everyone knows it and so you get rinsed.

One chart that got posted on the muppetfest at redcafe was showing that as a percentage of our annual turnover, even at £100m it's less than Ferdinand or Veron cost.

Cnz9-lPXgAAZSRc.jpg

But that doesn't say much honestly. In 2001 they spend 35 million on transfers (got 50+ million on sales).

I never have a 'problem' with high transfer fees, but I have one with the amount agents get. Raiola gets 25 million for what? That's money going away from clubs itself for nothing. And it get's even crazier every year, just as the transfer fees. Makes you wonder how sustainable it really is.

That said, Pogba is just crazy expensive, +- 150 million and an high salary... It's no wonder that Real wouldn't bid for him. Man Utd just spend more than 200 million without selling anyone and with new crazy contracts.
But you have to give Man Utd credit where they deserve it, their financial team does truly great work with sponsorship etc. Man Utd gets a total of 98 million for their shirt sponsoring (games and training), Barcelona just renewed their sponsorship for 35 million (they got a 60 million offer, but thought they could get Man Utd level of money.)
I think that over time more premier league clubs will have a higher revenue than Real Madrid and Barcelona. Sponsors are way more interested in the premier league.

Floody

They got Batshuayi, Diego Costa and Remy...

(And I never rated Lukaku that high.)

Apparently, Costa wants to leave (back to Atletico) and I think they forgot about Remy.
I actually quite like Lukaku, though haven't watched much of him, saying that none of my Everton mates seem to like him much, so they'll probably be happy with 60m.

Any one else think Ancelotti looks a bit like Fat Tony when branded up? I blame the high waisted tee tuck.

For the hodge-podge teams that were put out and the change in managers I think both teams played ok. Nothing great but nothing dire either, pretty standard friendly.

Thought Iheanacho played very poorly, looked like he had been getting coaching from Bony over the summer, Angeliño was lively but thats about it, Maffeo was probably the best of the youth for City, I think Adarabioyo under the right guidance could be damn good defender but looked weak against Ribery (as to be expected). I would comment on Bayern but don't know anything about the team bar the big names and was nothing more than a workout.

Apparently, Costa wants to leave (back to Atletico) and I think they forgot about Remy.
I actually quite like Lukaku, though haven't watched much of him, saying that none of my Everton mates seem to like him much, so they'll probably be happy with 60m.

I think that Costa is way better than Lukaku. Lukaku is still quite young and has good stats, but is quite limited as a target man.
And Batshuayi will need time to grow.

Atletico would be crazy not to take Costa back, they said they wanted a world class striker this transfer window.

the year of the return

Di Marzio also reported Madrid trying to throw their hat in the ring for Pogba. Redcafe will cease to exist.

I don't know who Di Marzio is, but he doesn't know shit. None of the Madrid press says anything about a bid for Pogba. On the contrary, they all say he's going to Man Utd.
And I doubt that Real can pay 150 million for a player.

jambo

Optus Australia recently got the broadcast rights to the Premier League and because I have a mobile with them I get the season for free.

I need some advice on who to follow.

Floody

Optus Australia recently got the broadcast rights to the Premier League and because I have a mobile with them I get the season for free.

I need some advice on who to follow.

Watch some of the teams play and pick from that, all people are going to do is say "support my team".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom