• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources: Newcastle accept bid in region of £25m from Liverpool for Georginio Wijnaldum. #SSNHQ

Floody

Sky Sports News HQ @SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING NEWS: Sky sources: Newcastle accept bid in region of £25m from Liverpool for Georginio Wijnaldum. #SSNHQ

That seems like too much for him to be a bench player, is our formation going to be 4-0-6-1, with 2 of the defender actually playing up top most of the game too.

Edit: Apparently the £25m is with add-ons, so £20m most likely, which makes a bit more sense I guess.
https://twitter.com/pjoyceexpress/status/756020095349035008

SZ says that Götze is almost done, 23m, could be announced this week.

Well, yeah, let's just get it over with.

Could be funny indeed!

2,w=993,c=0.sport.jpg

DBT85

On Pogba

"I don't confirm and I don't deny," said United boss Jose Mourinho. "I cannot tell you."

"I don't think it is correct to speak about players of other clubs. My directors did a fantastic work to do 75% of the job I ask them to do. I gave them a few options. We have just 25% to do until 31 August.

"We are in great conditions to have a great market. We are calm. We have three faces to fill the profile. I am confident Mr Woodward will get the player we need to get a good balance."

I would love it if Madrid swooped in now, it went down to the wire and Pogba didn't move. Especially after the de gea stuff from last summer.

AndyVirus

So how will Manchester United's starting line-up look next season with the new additions?

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
Pogba Carrick/Herrera
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibra

Unless an Italian club comes in for Darmian (looking more unlikely now?) then I think he'll be given another shot. Unfortunately think Carrick will be first choice but since he won't play every game, Herrera will get a lot of opportunities.

raven777

BBC Sport @BBCSport
Borussia Dortmund have re-signed Germany international Mario Gotze from Bayern Munich

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB
Borussia Dortmund verpflichtet @MarioGoetze. Mehr Infos folgen.

gotze official

DBT85

Why in all tittyfucks can I not get any skins to load on FM15. FML. Tried from the workshop and just putting my own in and nothing appears other than the default one.

Beefy

De Gea
Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
Pogba Carrick/Herrera
Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
Ibra

Unless an Italian club comes in for Darmian (looking more unlikely now?) then I think he'll be given another shot. Unfortunately think Carrick will be first choice but since he won't play every game, Herrera will get a lot of opportunities.

If you don't play Schneiderlin with Pogba, Mourinho is mad.

Floody

Lallana is dead.

Yeah seems he's been replaced, Milner probably won't get much play time either. Wondering what will happen with Henderson too, don't see him replacing Can and with Wijnaldum, Grujic, Milner and a few youngsters possibly breaking into the first team, there'll be a lot of competition for his spot.

Jack cw

Fucking disgusting
Whats more disgusting is his statement that he would never had join Bayern after all this. The same guy that said only 5 months ago he wants to be the face of Bayern.
This guy cant stop making mistakes over and over. And even Dortmund knows this. 3 years contract. LOL.

Blablurn

Whats more disgusting is his statement that he would never had join Bayern after all this. The same guy that said only 5 months ago he wants to be the face of Bayern.
This guy cant stop making mistakes over and over. And even Dortmund knows this. 3 years contract. LOL.

23. Mai :"Ein aufregender Tag neigt sich dem Ende zu. Ich habe nach Saisonschluss und vor der EM einvernehmlich mein Management gewechselt und in die Hände meiner Familie gelegt. Jetzt werde ich alles dafür tun, bei der EM und beim ersten Training unter Carlo Ancelotti topfit zu sein. Ich will richtig angreifen. Bei Bayern und zuvor bei der EM. #partofbayern"

Typical PR garbage, of course he has to admit he made a mistake joining Bayern if he's coming back. And after all, it was a mistake. He hardly played and stagnated.

Jack cw

Typical PR garbage, of course he has to admit he made a mistake joining Bayern if he's coming back. And after all, it was a mistake. He hardly played and stagnated.
Yeah, but I was always one of those Götze defenders until recently when I heard some worrying stories about him and his lifestyle from a very close source to him. Many things make sense now but this guy has some serious problems. PR sure is one of them.

Yeah, but I was always one of those Götze defenders until recently when I heard some worrying stories about him and his lifestyle from a very close source to him. Many things make sense now but this guy has some serious problems. PR sure is one of them.
Don't be such a tease. I know you want me to beg you to share those stories. So, do it.

AndyVirus

He didn't get a chance. He was brilliant for us, we will have him back if you don't want him....

Well he did start 25 league games but I can't point the finger as so many players struggled last season. I'm only hoping he's revitalised under Mourinho, same with the rest of last summer's signings.

Blablurn

Let's discuss formations now!

Neuer

Lahm - Hummels - Boateng - Alaba

---------- Sanches ----- Vidal----------

Coman ---------- Müller ----------- Costa

-------------------- Lewa

Bench:

Starke
Rafinha
Bernat
Badstuer
Martinez
Kimmich
Robben
Ribery
Thiago

Pretty solid squad. But it feels like something is missing. One big player to make the difference.

la_briola

Neuer

Bench:

Starke
Rafinha
Bernat
Badstuer
Martinez
Kimmich
Robben
Ribery
Thiago

Pretty solid squad. But it feels like something is missing. One big player to make the difference.
Get the other Sanches(z) out of London. #Brexit

I think you need another worldclass winger with Robben and Ribery getting older and even more dead. I'm not yet convinced that Costa and Coman can offer what Robben and Ribery did in their prime.

Pennywise

I fucking told you about him and his father.
I bet his former agent is glad that he's done with him.

spidye

Neuer

Bench:

Starke
Rafinha
Bernat
Badstuer
Martinez
Kimmich
Robben
Ribery
Thiago

I think carlo wants to play a classic 4-3-3 with

Neuer
Lahm-boa-hum-alaba
Vidal
Sanches-thiago
Müller--------costa
Lewa

Probably, that's why we're selling our AM and don't get new wingers even with robben's injury.
Just a feeling, though. Don't know that much about carlo's style

Bundesliga winners 2017:

Bürki
Piszczek-Sokratis-Bartra-Schmelzer
Weigl
Kagawa-Götze
Dembele-Auba-Reus

Defensive approach:
Bürki
Bartra-Sokratis-Bender
Piszczek-Merino-Weigl-Schmelzer
Reus-Auba-Guerreiro