• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Where are the pics of Gotze and Schurrle leaning on walls at the BVB training ground.

Edit: Alex Manninger to Liverpool - how is he still alive. Swear he was in my Premier League sticker book during the early 90's.

Jarnet87

Johnstone; Valencia (captain - u wot m8), Bailly, Jones, Shaw; Blind, Herrera; Mata Mikhtaryan; Lingard; Depay. looks like 4-2-3-1 with Mata wide and Depay as the lone striker.

The spirit of Louie lives on.

Where are the pics of Gotze and Schurrle leaning on walls at the BVB training ground.

Edit: Alex Manninger to Liverpool - how is he still alive. Swear he was in my Premier League sticker book during the early 90's.

I guess he'll be third choice now seeing Ward's gone off on loan to Huddersfield.

With Schürrle, I give Tuchel the benefit of doubt. He knows Schürrle better than anyone else and if he's convinced Schürrle is useful, then I really hope he is :lol

Yeah, but where will he use him? He's the most expensive BVB transfer to date, he can't just bench him all the time till Reus gets injured again. It's a bit different from Castro who cost a third of that.

Now he'll probably use either him or Reus on the right wing. Assuming everyone is healthy and only Kuba / Leitner / Park are set to leave, that leaves us with the following standard Bundesliga line-up (with variations here and there):

-----------------Aubameyang-------------------
---------Reus------------------Schürrle--------
---------------Castro---Goatse---------------
------------------------Weigl-----------------------
Schmelzer - Bartra - Sokratis - Piszcu
------------------------Bürki-----------------------

That would already bench: Weidenfeller, Bender, Ginter, Guerreiro, Durm, Merino, Sahin, Rode, Kagawa, Dembele, Mor, Pulisic, Ramos
That's 13 players for 7 subs.

He'll just end up occupying Dembele's / Mor's spot. Those people surely came to BVB because they were promissed squad spots ("have you seen how often Tuchel used that 20yo Weigl guy?"). Meanwhile Pulisic will bore himself to death in 4th division.

I think in the end, to make this somehow work without wasting money on wages & causing strife, Ramos & Sahin will have to go and Kagawa will feel himself being edged out too.

Yeah, but where will he use him? He's the most expensive BVB transfer to date, he can't just bench him all the time till Reus gets injured again. It's a bit different from Castro who cost a third of that.

Now he'll probably use either him or Reus on the right wing. Assuming everyone is healthy and only Kuba / Leitner / Park are set to leave, that leaves us with the following standard Bundesliga line-up (with variations here and there):

-----------------Aubameyang-------------------
---------Reus------------------Schürrle--------
---------------Castro---Goatse---------------
------------------------Weigl-----------------------
Schmelzer - Bartra - Sokratis - Piszcu
------------------------Bürki-----------------------

That would already bench: Weidenfeller, Bender, Ginter, Guerreiro, Durm, Merino, Sahin, Rode, Kagawa, Dembele, Mor, Pulisic, Ramos
That's 13 players for 7 subs.

He'll just end up occupying Dembele's / Mor's spot. Those people surely came to BVB because they were promissed squad spots ("have you seen how often Tuchel used that 20yo Weigl guy?"). Meanwhile Pulisic will bore himself to death in 4th division.

I think in the end, to make this somehow work without wasting money on wages & causing strife, Ramos & Sahin will have to go and Kagawa will feel himself being edged out too.
I know, maybe a 3-5-2 as alternative?

Bartra-Bender-Sokratis
Castro
Dembele-Götze-Reus-Guerreiro
Schürrle-Auba

TheChamp

What is it with these players going to China.... way to ruin your careers but hey money

Kinda looking forward to the coming season and hopefully promotion just 2 weeks to go now

Blablurn

the government gave out the plan to become a football world power till 2050

once way is to push the league

and they use all their big money to lure as many players as possible to china

nobody judges them because they just abide the rules layed out by the government

TheChamp

the government gave out the plan to become a football world power till 2050

once way is to push the league

and they use all their big money to lure as many players as possible to china

nobody judges them because they just abide the rules layed out by the government

Pushing there league is one thing but it lacks the UEFA Champions League and all the history it brings along with the deep history of the French, Italian, German, Spanish and English leagues so I doubt they will be able to push it very far

Not even sure they had that much to do with the price tbh. Pogba has 3 years on his contract, is 23, United want him bad and have bonkers money to drop and the grinning maniac Woodward loves big deals. To top it off Juve don't want to sell him.

Reportedly when he signed for Juve part of the contract meant that Raiola or Raiola + Pogba would get 20% of any future transfer fee. Since Juve apparently want E100m all for themselves they are pushing the price up or trying to get United to pay whatever the difference is.

Who knows. Redcafe has been melting down since Raiola was reported to be on the way to Miami to meet Pogba. Despite nothing indicating Madrid are in for him it's just full of "he's going to Madrid" type posts. Though I can understand it a little after all the players we've supposed to have been signing for the last 5 years and we've lost out to Chelsea, City, Madrid or Bayern.

The biggest issue is that of his of image rights. Pogba had to get them back which cost him 10million which makes things a lot tricker. He may want to keep them, most clubs especially paying the amount thrown about would want something from them as he will sell a lot but even with the money he is on 10 million is still a large sum so wont be straight forward and would need specific negotiations.

Blablurn

Pushing there league is one thing but it lacks the UEFA Champions League and all the history it brings along with the deep history of the French, Italian, German, Spanish and English leagues so I doubt they will be able to push it very far

you are right

but their plan to become a football power also includes the building of many many many football practice arenas etc.

i doubt it will work out

but we will see

Bumhead

Banned
Feel a bit for Bruce if he's been pushed. Think he's absolutely entitled to it if he wants to jump.

Just makes me feel bad about our play-off final defeat again. Hull are an absolute waste of a spot in the top flight.

I remember a time Liverpool was after Depay, instead he opted for Man United. My goodness Liverpool dodged a bullet there.

Also how can people call Phil Jones a footballer?

Carbonox

Feel a bit for Bruce if he's been pushed. Think he's absolutely entitled to it if he wants to jump.

Just makes me feel bad about our play-off final defeat again. Hull are an absolute waste of a spot in the top flight.

T'was a dark day when Hull confirmed their status as a PL club again. No league deserves their presence.

If those numbers are real, Valencia got mugged. When you consider the sell-on fee to Benfica they're barely turning a profit. A young attacking mid like Gomes should get €50M before bonuses in the current market.

There is some more news / speculation on the Gomes transfer. Madrid's offer was lower in cash but Valencia wanted to get €65M in value by including players like Kovacic which RM wouldn't agree to. Supposedly the bonuses for Gomes are a joke like that Barca will make the CL quarters and are needed so Barca can spread out the fee under FFP regulations.

James said that Real got an offer of 85 million for him, but that he will stay at Real Madrid.

85 f-ing million.

For James.

Who was a bench player.

It can't be anything other than a Chinese club imo. It's a shame though for Real, with that money you could easily buy a Pogba.
And for the record, I like James, but he doesn't fit in the system Zidane wants to play.

There is some more news / speculation on the Gomes transfer. Madrid's offer was lower in cash but Valencia wanted to get €65M in value by including players like Kovacic which RM wouldn't agree to. Supposedly the bonuses for Gomes are a joke like that Barca will make the CL quarters and are needed so Barca can spread out the fee under FFP regulations.

Yeah, the offer was way too low. Barcelona does great financially, but the new contracts probably make that they cannot invest much in new transfers. Neymar has a new crazy contract and Suarez wants the same of course and then we aren't even talking about Messi (who has only 2 years left). Messi will play it hard and can pretty much ask what he wants honestly.

Still don't understand why Barcelona didn't extend Messi's contract two years or so ago when they only gave him a raise not a contract extension.

Well that would put a bit of weight onto the City rumour about Kroos. Essentially it was that Madrid had approached City to drop out of the race for Pogba and that if they secured him then they would sell one of their high asset players City had been enquiring about. That was back when the figures weren't silly though.

So Madrid could be still in it depending on how much City are willing to pay if there is anything to the rumour.

There's really no chance that Real is selling Kroos. Why would they? Pogba is good, but getting Pogba and selling Kroos (and paying lots of money to agents etc) doesn't make sense.

There's really no chance that Real is selling Kroos. Why would they? Pogba is good, but getting Pogba and selling Kroos (and paying lots of money to agents etc) doesn't make sense.

The rumour mentioned Kroos specifically but there were multiple players such as James, Isco that City were/are interested in. Apparently City made an informal bid of about 50 million for Kroos earlier this week about the time Madrid popped up on the Pogba scene again in other rumours.

I'm not saying it will happen and I personally would want to keep Kroos if I was Madrid but hey it is football and stranger things have happened.

I know, maybe a 3-5-2 as alternative?

Bartra-Bender-Sokratis
Castro
Dembele-Götze-Reus-Guerreiro
Schürrle-Auba

Ya, but the squad is still too big, imho.

Bundesliga remains most best attended football league in the world.

12,980,815 attendees in 2015/16.

edit: EPL had ~870k more attendees in total, but also 74 more games.
edit2: avg is 42,421 (Bundesliga) vs 38,085 (EPL)

in other news: ManU 1:4 BVB

0:1 Castro https://streamable.com/fl82
0:2 Aubameyang https://streamable.com/20hz
0:3 Dembele https://streamable.com/rixy
1:3 Mkhitaryan https://streamable.com/hli6
1:4 Castro https://streamable.com/qvqt

Dembele and Mor are going to be huge. Who needs Goatseing Schürrle?!

Castro is holding on to his great 2016 form.
Rode can a pass.
Bartra seemed rather bad in duels, bad tacklings everywhere.
Merino continues to be forced into a CB role. Hope it works out.

Syder

James said that Real got an offer of 85 million for him, but that he will stay at Real Madrid.

85 f-ing million.

For James.

Who was a bench player.

It can't be anything other than a Chinese club imo.
...or West Ham.
moe.png

Syder

Sissoko had a good tournament and is clearly a good player but based off his time at Newcastle he's not worth that much. £20m at the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom