• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at what the market has become this window Gundogan looks like BVB got robbed. I guess Mouriniho was right last summer when he said the prices next (the current season we are in) season will be ridiculous.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at what the market has become this window Gundogan looks like BVB got robbed. I guess Mouriniho was right last summer when he said the prices next (the current season we are in) season will be ridiculous.

we knew prices would go up (in the PL at least) because of the tv money. I worry about some of these teams and the money they're throwing around (some really questionable buys for way too much). Man U are the like are on another level though. They're so desperate to win something they are willing to pay anything.

Floody

Yeah it pretty crazy when Liverpool manage to get a £6m bid for Brad Smith, like what the fuck? I feel kinda bad we are getting that for him.
Would also mean we got like £30m for Brad Smith, Jerome Sinclair, Martin Skrtel and Jordon Ibe.

Syder

United took Tony Marshall's No. 9 shirt to give to Ibra? This is a travesty.

sadmou.png

longdi

Banned
94m for guy who misses critical goals and caused Messi to retire?
I mean Pogba money and all, but couldnt they save it for a better younger player?

Gündogan has spent more time injured than playing in the years he played for us. He's also out for another 6 months right now and there's no guarantee his body will last more than another 6 months after that. I think it's a fair price to be honest.

miserable

Barcelona does very well this transfer windows imo. Finally broadening their squad with good talented players.
Gomes, Umtiti, Digne, Denis Suarez and (probably new transfer) Vietto are all 22 years, talented and on positions they needed some backup.

meanwhile in Madrid...

M4yXyX2.png

Only 1 year left, constantly injured (and just injured again) and playing pretty meh last season (castro and weigl replacing him completely at the end of the season). I feel like the media completely overrates him. Especially compared to someone like kagawa or castro (both played a much better season)

I think micki was worth way more than what manu paid though (if he can keep up the level of last season..the two seasons before that were abysmal)

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sunderland are so pissed.

I like Big Sam but I'm also an idiot. I think he could be the right man for the job and I love his character.

la_briola

Yeah, and without telling Marshall. So he went on to unfollow Manchester United on his Twitter. Bad style by Manu to no letting him know they took his number.

[...]

mjlol.png

Only 1 year left, constantly injured (and just injured again) and playing pretty meh last season (castro and weigl replacing him completely at the end of the season). I feel like the media completely overrates him. Especially compared to someone like kagawa or castro (both played a much better season)

[...]

No, he is not overrated, but his body is.

Then Robben is also overrated.

I think Robben would not be worth 30 million at this point. He wont leave Bayern Munich anyways but he is 32 and often injured. He definately was a world class player the last 5 years (when he played), like ribery, but he is definately in his twilight careerwise now.

Also Robben played way better than Gündogan when he got to play (positions are not comparable but still)

DBT85

Every summer I do the same thing.

I get caught up in the transfers going on, I reinstall whatever the latest FM was I bought (15), I redownload all the logos and facepacks and kits on my shitass connection, I start a new game and spend 2 hours sorting out my staff and my tactic, then I play 6 or 7 friendlies against potatoes and get battered, get narked at any of the press bollocks and quit for 12 months. lol.

Give me 00/01 back pls.

Every summer I do the same thing.

I get caught up in the transfers going on, I reinstall whatever the latest FM was I bought (15), I redownload all the logos and facepacks and kits on my shitass connection, I start a new game and spend 2 hours sorting out my staff and my tactic, then I play 6 or 7 friendlies against potatoes and get battered, get narked at any of the press bollocks and quit for 12 months. lol.

Give me 00/01 back pls.

Played the demo for that for probably hundreds of hours.
01/02 was also great (is by the way, still updated by some old CM fans).

Do you remember Tsigalko? :D

DBT85

Played the demo for that for probably hundreds of hours.
01/02 was also great (is by the way, still updated by some old CM fans).

Do you remember Tsigalko? :D

Nope! lol. So many gems in the games back then though.

Lost count of how many hours I put into the games around that time. I just can't deal with the added complexity in the new games. 27 different options for each player, wank press shite, etc. I realise I must sound like old man shouts at cloud, but I WANT to enjoy the game, but I can't.

Probably not helping that I'm trying to play at Worcester who, just like real life, are shit. Though I went on holiday for a season and we came 4th. I manage them and we come 18th lol.

Feels so weird having this glorious memories from 16 fucking years ago of wasting days and days and days playing CM or FM, of nabbing Saviola before Barca, or Sigporsson, or whatever. Wondering how long you could keep Giggs playing for (lol).

Now I do a team talk and say "come on lads we can do this" and one of the cunts has a fit. At half time 4-0 up I say "well done, same again" and we lose 6-4 against a team 200 league places below us. I know the answer is always tactics tactics tactics. But its a billionty options and I can't be fucked. That doesn't stop me trying again and again hoping something clicks.

And why when I take over a club and set a tactic do they always have no idea what I'm on about, have they never had tactics before? Did the old manager wipe their brains!

Argh. Pointless. I'm at work for 7 12 hour shifts so I'm sure It'll all be as clear as mud by the end.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nope! lol. So many gems in the games back then though.

Lost count of how many hours I put into the games around that time. I just can't deal with the added complexity in the new games. 27 different options for each player, wank press shite, etc. I realise I must sound like old man shouts at cloud, but I WANT to enjoy the game, but I can't.

Probably not helping that I'm trying to play at Worcester who, just like real life, are shit. Though I went on holiday for a season and we came 4th. I manage them and we come 18th lol.

Feels so weird having this glorious memories from 16 fucking years ago of wasting days and days and days playing CM or FM, of nabbing Saviola before Barca, or Sigporsson, or whatever. Wondering how long you could keep Giggs playing for (lol).

Now I do a team talk and say "come on lads we can do this" and one of the cunts has a fit. At half time 4-0 up I say "well done, same again" and we lose 6-4 against a team 200 league places below us. I know the answer is always tactics tactics tactics. But its a billionty options and I can't be fucked. That doesn't stop me trying again and again hoping something clicks.

And why when I take over a club and set a tactic do they always have no idea what I'm on about, have they never had tactics before? Did the old manager wipe their brains!

Argh. Pointless. I'm at work for 7 12 hour shifts so I'm sure It'll all be as clear as mud by the end.
Try Touch mode, it's a lot more streamlined, and imo, superior.

Try Touch mode, it's a lot more streamlined, and imo, superior.

Pretty much indeed. Touch or Classic mode was very needed in Football Manager. It was getting way out of hand with all the stupid stuff like press conferences, moral and way too many options in general.
Most people just want to do transfers, contracts, talents and setting a tactic with the best players.

I honestly rarely change my tactics once I start with a team, I only change a few positions, but never change the numerous settings.

nampad

After the Halilovic and Kostic deals I am getting somewhat optimistic. Please god, it has been years since I could enjoy my team play.

DBT85

Been reading up on FMC, lots of people giving it maximum fellation while poopooing FMFat. Looking forward to having a go!

Gothos

Pretty much indeed. Touch or Classic mode was very needed in Football Manager. It was getting way out of hand with all the stupid stuff like press conferences, moral and way too many options in general.
Most people just want to do transfers, contracts, talents and setting a tactic with the best players.

I honestly rarely change my tactics once I start with a team, I only change a few positions, but never change the numerous settings.

Classic is nice but I HATE how the UI looks in that version. So ugly...

spidye

Oh shit

Media is reporting that dortmund is interested in mario gomez
Seriously, I am starting to become a BVB fan if this is really is a thing

The_Joker

Oh shit

Media is reporting that dortmund is interested in mario gomez
Seriously, I am starting to become a BVB fan if this is really is a thing

classic bayern fan... changing teams like others change their underwear

you can all go home woith our new midfield

kostic-halilovic-müller
ekdal- hotlby

DBT85

United v City came in China called off due to the weather. United flew all that way to get spanked by BVB and then fly home again.

United won't be winning anything next season either.

Either?

M8 we won the FA cup. The most prestigeous of all the cups, with history and steeped in tradition. lol

pls. Arsens 4th place trophy is ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom