• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Sam Allardyce new England manager. Is that good, bad or ugly?
I prefer him to our last 8 National Team managers. Sam was given the task of rebuilding West Ham and got us back up at the first try. A lot of our success now comes from the foundations he left. He was asked to do something and he did it via any means possible. The football we played wasn't world class or anything but it was no where near as 19th century as it has become popular to say. Sam has learnt a lot since his long-ball Bolton days. Things may not have gone too well at Newcastle and Blackburn but the jobs he's done with Bolton, West Ham and Sunderland have been phenomenal.

Stay safe, Jack! And everyone else living in Munich as well of course.
Co-signed.

Fuck terrorism.

Wijnaldum to Liverpool makes me happy, I'm sure he's going to be great. Plus PSV gets some money too hehe

Are you a PSV supporter?

And yes, Wijnaldum to Liverpool is probably good for everyone. He's not a world class midfielder, but has very good work ethics and the fans in Liverpool are going to love him.

Did you see him play for Newcastle?

No, only at Feyenoord and PSV (and Holland of course). It surprised me that he stayed at PSV for so long. He the prototype for a premier league player. Good physics (I hope I'm saying that right :p ), works very hard, can score a goal, ... It's a box to box player they love in the premier league.

Like I said, it's no Kroos or Pogba, but he will manage. Just don't expect a playmaker out of it.

Floody

Did you see him play for Newcastle?

He wasn't that bad considering how shite Newcastle was last season, 11 goals and 5 assists (sure definitely not £25m good either), I just don't see where he'll play, our midfield is stacked, especially when it comes to attacking ones.

We should have a lot of goals from Midfield though, Mane had 11 last season too, Firmino had 10, and Coutinho had 8 in the Prem (both had more when you factor in other comps).

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Alexandre Lacazette has asked to leave Lyon after hearing of PSG and Arsenal interest, according to L'Équipe

Syder

West Ham save us, please!
4V4ax.gif

Beefy

He wasn't that bad considering how shite Newcastle was last season, 11 goals and 5 assists (sure definitely not £25m good either), I just don't see where he'll play, our midfield is stacked, especially when it comes to attacking ones.

We should have a lot of goals from Midfield though, Mane had 11 last season too, Firmino had 10, and Coutinho had 8 in the Prem (both had more when you factor in other comps).

Not saying he is a bad player. I am saying he is a lazy player that needs his attitude sorted out.

25m and 34m for Wijnaldum and Mane is crazy but the market is inflated. I don't know why Wijnaldum either. Do we need that many attacking midfielders when we have ~40 games this coming season? I know he can play further back, but why not go for an actual central midfielder or defensive midfielder then?

I can't complain if we manage to off-load Benteke to Palace though. Our selling business has been great over the past few years.

Hope Klopp knows what he's doing. We now have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Mane and Wijnaldum in terms of attacking midfielders, along with Sturridge, Origi and Ings as strikers. Not to mention the academy kids with Ojo. I'd say I put my trust in Klopp, but I don't want to blindly follow him into the depths either now..

Best wishes.

Blablurn

von spox

stevan
22.07.2016 | 16:24 Uhr
stevan :
SO LIBE BVB SKEPTIKER! HEUTE HABEN WIR OHNE REUS ,SCHÜRLE,GÖTZE,GOERERRO,KLEINE KOSTPROBE WAS DORMUND FÜR EIN NEUEN JUNGEN KADER HAT!? 4:1GEGEN MANYOUN.ENE ANSAGE!! BIN SEHR OPTIMISTISCH WAS TUCHEL MIT DIESER JINGE MANSCHAFT NOCH FÜR SCHLAGZEILEN SORGEN WIRB!! HEYA BVB!! AMEN

milch pls

norinrad

I'm glad the manager decides who he wants and not you.

Floody

I'm glad the manager decides who he wants and not you.

Okay, don't see where I said I want or don't want someone though. Couldn't really care less if am honest, it's not my money he's spending. Would prefer a LB or a good defensive mid over more attacking mids though, we have like 4 players who all play best in the same position and only 1 of them can (usually Coutinho).

What happened to Kagawa since he's put on the bench?

He did well.. scored 9 goals 9 assists played 29 games (micki scored 11 but 20 assists)

He clearly had some lows but he delivered when he had to.

Imho not comparable to goetze who played 14 games Scored 3 goals and 4 assists

Putti g kagawa on the bench would be a huge mistake

T-Rex.

Banned
Seriously, £25m isn't a lot of money now. Well, if the Premier League wasn't insane it obviously would be, but it is. This is the age where Watford are turning down offers of around £45m+ for Ighalo and Deeney so I can't get my head around the "he's not worth X arguments".

For the first time in a long time we have multiple players who are capable of scoring 10+ goals a season, that's pretty exciting. Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Coutinho, Mane, Wijnaldum. There's a lot of goals in that team/squad.

Floody

Seriously, £25m isn't a lot of money now. Well, if the Premier League wasn't insane it obviously would be, but it is. This is the age where Watford are turning down offers of around £45m+ for Ighalo and Deeney so I can't get my head around the "he's not worth X arguments".

For the first time in a long time we have multiple players who are capable of scoring 10+ goals a season, that's pretty exciting. Sturridge, Firmino, Origi, Coutinho, Mane, Wijnaldum. There's a lot of goals in that team/squad.

Yeah, that's why I'm not too bothered about us signing Wijnaldum, even if he isn't a starter every week, he's a really good back up if Firmino, Coutinho or Mane get injured as well as Lallana and Milner also being good cover.
We also aren't fucked if/when Sturridge gets injured either as we have Origi and Ings as really solid backup/rotation players to lower the chance of him being injured, we strengthen our defence a bit more, and I'll be cautiously optimistic for next season, especially as we have no Europe to worry about, so won't have any crazy fixture build up like last season.

Godan

Few reports this morning saying Mahrez is going to Arsenal. I would be ok with this. Still think we need another striker though.

Beefy

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Kolo Toure having medical at Celtic #SSNHQ

BREAKING: Sky in Italy: Gonzalo Higuain has medical with Juventus ahead of potential move from Napoli #SSNHQ https://t.co/sOJt74dyL9

@fabrizioromano
Gonzalo Higuain has signed contract until 2020 with Juventus. His wage will be 7,5M€/season. Soon Juve will pay release clause to Napoli

He hath returned:

David-Moyes.jpg

I feel he can probably stabilise Sunderland and worst but I dunno if that's good enough. Competitive at the bottom this season.

The scenes when he beats Mou and Zlatan at Old Trafford.

Makeda

Holy crap, Moyes definitely looks better with age O___O
Napoli loosing Higuain to a fellow Italian team is a massive blow, Juve are preparing for a long period of dominance in Serie A

DBT85

Juve signing Higuain has to meen Pogba is gone. Surely they wouldn't drop that kind of money otherwise.

94m euros is his release clause and he'll be 29 in December.

Tubie

Juve signing Higuain has to meen Pogba is gone. Surely they wouldn't drop that kind of money otherwise.

94m euros is his release clause and he'll be 29 in December.

94m...

This can't be real.

Higuain's not even worth a third of that.

He scored like ~35 goals in the league. Juve will not only get a better striker, but also weaken Napoli.

I agree that the price is insane, same as Pogba.

But Pogba is a young world class player. He can easily play 10 years for a new club. Higuain maybe 4 years.

Higuain scored al lot of goals, but in Madrid he also showed that he isn't exactly a world class player.
Juventus paying 94 million for him is just crazy and weird and stupid imo.

Barcelona does very well this transfer windows imo. Finally broadening their squad with good talented players.
Gomes, Umtiti, Digne, Denis Suarez and (probably new transfer) Vietto are all 22 years, talented and on positions they needed some backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom