• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Bundesliga winners 2017:

Bürki
Piszczek-Sokratis-Bartra-Schmelzer
Weigl
Kagawa-Götze
Dembele-Auba-Reus

Defensive approach:
Bürki
Bartra-Sokratis-Bender
Piszczek-Merino-Weigl-Schmelzer
Reus-Auba-Guerreiro

We are meant to be interested in Blaszkowski, is he past it yet?

la_briola

Pachimari

Our formation will be the same as ever, which is nice to see. Morata on the bench, Coentrao on the bench and Gomes on the bench. We're set and ready to roll!

So the Wolves deal is all signed, sealed and sorted now.

Doesn't perhaps look like it's going to be the megabucks, Man City or Chelsea arrangement that some were hoping for, but we do at least now have some direction and somewhere to go in the market. Interested to see how it all shakes out.

Moozo

Doesn't perhaps look like it's going to be the megabucks, Man City or Chelsea arrangement that some were hoping for, but we do at least now have some direction and somewhere to go in the market. Interested to see how it all shakes out.
I'm assuming the 20m-30m figure was one of Morgan's conditions. There's no point putting too much stock in what he says the new owners are going to spend.

One thing is clear, they're not here to stand still.

Bumhead

Banned

Sounds pretty much like Mr Chansiri's investment with Wednesday last year.

It's not megabucks, but "some direction and somewhere to go in the market" was enough to make us competitive at the top end of the league and get to the play-off final. Also, The Championship still rewards shrewd business. A combined £6m for Gary Hooper and Fernando Forrestieri is outrageously good value compared to a "Megabucks" signing like £15m for Ross McCormack or £12m for Jordan Rhodes.

This season is going to be ludicrous for The Championship, though. In terms of the collective aspirations of the division with so few rewards available, I bet there won't be a tougher division in world football this year.

I'm assuming the 20m-30m figure was one of Morgan's conditions. There's no point putting too much stock in what he says the new owners are going to spend.

One thing is clear, they're not here to stand still.

Oh yeah, taking all that with a pinch of salt- if they legitimately want a Premier League team, and I see no reason why they'd have bought in if they didn't, then the cash is going to be flashed.

Interested to see who the new manager's going to be now that Lopetegui's off the table.

BBC Sport @BBCSport
Borussia Dortmund have re-signed Germany international Mario Gotze from Bayern Munich

Borussia Dortmund ‏@BVB
Borussia Dortmund verpflichtet @MarioGoetze. Mehr Infos folgen.

gotze official

Fucking disgusting.
Him and Reus are supposed to be on the same wage level too, which I think is outrageous.

Never felt so bad about a BVB transfer since Ikpeba.

We are meant to be interested in Blaszkowski, is he past it yet?
Oh sorry, forgot to answer.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure. He played a great Euro but had a disappointing season with Fiorentina. Could go either way. I'd reckon he's worth a gamble, though, as he'll be rather cheap.

LxPxOF9.jpg

sqADseL.jpg

No comment.

Sevilla always does amazing with the limited money they got, especially if you see what other teams are spending like Newcastle who spend more than 100 million on new players and then relegated that season.
I read somewhere that Ganso was an amazing talent back in the day, but has had some major injuries and since then it's not that good anymore.

On football manager he was on a godlike level.

Barcelona has officially announced Gomes :(
And for 35 million + 20 variables. It's a steal if you consider the prices paid in England.

So weird because all the Madrid press were sure that Real were only details away from buying him.

Jarnet87

And for 35 million + 20 variables. It's a steal if you consider the prices paid in England.

So weird because all the Madrid press were sure that Real were only details away from buying him.

This is what it feels like to be a United fan every summer for the past couple years. Everything points to United doing all the legwork for a transfer and then someone (Mainly Bayern) come under the radar and get it done. We will feel it again when Madrid steal Pogba.

This is what it feels like to be a United fan every summer for the past couple years. Everything points to United doing all the legwork for a transfer and then someone (Mainly Bayern) come under the radar and get it done. We will feel it again when Madrid steal Pogba.

Not gonna happen, Real could only buy Pogba if they sell a big player like they did with Di Maria to pay for Bale.
Apparently (take it with a grain of salt) Real wasn't interested any more in Gomes when they learned that James doesn't want a transfer.

Well if they want to get us up into the prem as quickly as possible like they said they do then they'll need more than the 20/30 million Morgan said they'll put in over 2 years. Our squad is pretty threadbare, 2 fit strikers once dickho is ready in a week or so is pathetic.
I'm expecting new manager and players to be revealed on monday, if we get the players who we were rumoured to be getting once the takeover rumours started then that'd be a good start!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Madrid won't pay what Utd are willing to for Pogs

Jarnet87

Not gonna happen, Real could only buy Pogba if they sell a big player like they did with Di Maria to pay for Bale.
Apparently (take it with a grain of salt) Real wasn't interested any more in Gomes when they learned that James doesn't want a transfer.

I guess Gomes is content being a squad player for now with the possibility of becoming a regular starter. Can't see him getting much game time over Kroos and Modric or Rakitic and Iniesta. Could end up being a very expensive cup player for Barca.

If those numbers are real, Valencia got mugged. When you consider the sell-on fee to Benfica they're barely turning a profit. A young attacking mid like Gomes should get €50M before bonuses in the current market.

Can't see him getting much game time over Kroos and Modric or Rakitic and Iniesta. Could end up being a very expensive cup player for Barca.

Iniesta's already 32. Gomes will play a lot in his role and take it over in two or three years.

Blablurn

I really have a feeling that this years title wil go to Dortmund. So many young talented players. I have a feeling won't take long for them to make it click. They will show the most beautiful football in the Bundesliga this year.

Tubie

Good signing and at a good price :(

Well that would put a bit of weight onto the City rumour about Kroos. Essentially it was that Madrid had approached City to drop out of the race for Pogba and that if they secured him then they would sell one of their high asset players City had been enquiring about. That was back when the figures weren't silly though.

So Madrid could be still in it depending on how much City are willing to pay if there is anything to the rumour.

Tubie

Well that would put a bit of weight onto the City rumour about Kroos. Essentially it was that Madrid had approached City to drop out of the race for Pogba and that if they secured him then they would sell one of their high asset players City had been enquiring about. That was back when the figures weren't silly though.

So Madrid could be still in it depending on how much City are willing to pay if there is anything to the rumour.

The key was James and nobody wants to drop 60m on him, so the Pogba thing is not happening.

All Madrid did was inflate the price for Utd.

Elchele

I really have a feeling that this years title wil go to Dortmund. So many young talented players. I have a feeling won't take long for them to make it click. They will show the most beautiful football in the Bundesliga this year.

Schalke will win it

DBT85

The key was James and nobody wants to drop 60m on him, so the Pogba thing is not happening.

All Madrid did was inflate the price for Utd.

Not even sure they had that much to do with the price tbh. Pogba has 3 years on his contract, is 23, United want him bad and have bonkers money to drop and the grinning maniac Woodward loves big deals. To top it off Juve don't want to sell him.

Reportedly when he signed for Juve part of the contract meant that Raiola or Raiola + Pogba would get 20% of any future transfer fee. Since Juve apparently want E100m all for themselves they are pushing the price up or trying to get United to pay whatever the difference is.

Who knows. Redcafe has been melting down since Raiola was reported to be on the way to Miami to meet Pogba. Despite nothing indicating Madrid are in for him it's just full of "he's going to Madrid" type posts. Though I can understand it a little after all the players we've supposed to have been signing for the last 5 years and we've lost out to Chelsea, City, Madrid or Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom