• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, apparently they just paid the release fee in the end.

#PogbOn?

The only thing holding back a medical at Man Utd is Riaola (according to the rumors). This rather crazy transfer of Higuain makes Pogba to Man Utd a done deal, if that wasn't clear already.

Atomic Odin

He wants to play regularly, LIverpool won't offer him that and he is on the last year of his contract. Allen was pretty good when given the chance under Klopp and was good in the Euros, given regular play time and he should be good at Stoke, but it isn't a massive loss.

His stock is higher than ever after the euros. Dunno, could have done better than Stoke.

The only thing holding back a medical at Man Utd is Riaola (according to the rumors). This rather crazy transfer of Higuain makes Pogba to Man Utd a done deal, if that wasn't clear already.

DiMarzio just tweeted out that there was a big meeting about Pogba today and Raiola left very frustrated. Maybe Juve want a slice of his €24M fee?

Floody

His stock is higher than ever after the euros. Dunno, could have done better than Stoke.

Yeah, probably, I'm surprised he didn't wait it out for a bit, but only really Swansea came in for him and didn't offer what Liverpool wanted, so got rejected by the club, Stoke did. I do think it's a good move for him, Stoke actually have a pretty decent team and Allen should fit right in.

Paracelsus

DiMarzio just tweeted out that there was a big meeting about Pogba today and Raiola left very frustrated. Maybe Juve want a slice of his €24M fee?

Juve doesn't want to give up Pogba and get Higuain 1:1, they want to get Higuain and snatch Mascherano away, or at least have enough cash to buy Witsel clean. That's pretty much the amount of money Raiola wants to himself, and since Pogba is the only good ride he has in his carousel, he's probably pissed beyond belief.

Kill3r7

Juve doesn't want to give up Pogba and get Higuain 1:1, they want to get Higuain and snatch Mascherano away, or at least have enough cash to buy Witsel clean. That's pretty much the amount of money Raiola wants to himself, and since Pogba is the only good ride he has in his carousel, he's probably pissed beyond belief.

He already got paid for Mkhitaryan and Zlatan but yeah Pogba is his big pay day. Although if Lukaku moves he will get some bread there as well.

Paracelsus

Curious how that salary will go down in the Juve locker room. Might have some players lining up for a pay raise.

The only guy who might be stomping his feet is Dybala, and he has yet to prove he's worth that much in international competition. Bonucci's contract expires in 2020, so he's locked if he ever starts whining. We'll see about Pjanic but I don't think he'll mind.

DBT85

Apparently the contract Pogba signed with Juve when he went there was that he/Raiola would get 20% of his sale price when that day came. Quite common it seems when getting young players cheap.

Now Juve apparently don't want to take that 20% out of their end, so either want United to stump up another 25m euro so that they don't lose out, or just pay him directly. United probably said "not our problem" and obviously Raiola wants his cut and so does Pogba, so nobody's sure what will happen.

Danchi

Stoke seems about right. He hasn't dropped far. He was never going to go up to a Chelsea or something and now he gets regular football.

I dunno. Glenn Wheelan is decent.

The Gameiro- Vietto swap is complete. Atletico is paying €30M + 5 in variables and Sevilla gets Vietto on loan for €3M and a €20M purchase option. As RM said, Sevilla continue to do great business.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2016/07/26/57978bb122601ddb2d8b45ce.html

Seems very strange to me that Atletico would let Vietto go like this.

Danchi

Vietto didn't fit in Simeone's system. Better send him out now than let him languish for another year.

He's clearly very talented though. Seems reasonable that he replicates his previous form and then €20m seems very low in today's market.

Maybe that's my premface talking though...

He's clearly very talented though. Seems reasonable that he replicates his previous form and then €20m seems very low in today's market.

Maybe that's my premface talking though...

Thing is Vietto isn't strong enough yet to play as the lead striker so he would be fighting with Gaitan to play behind Griezmann. Basically, he would spend all year on the bench. I'm sure Atletico would like to loan him without a buy option but Sevilla made it a condition for the Gameiro deal.

la_briola

off-seasons sucks, this year especially is wayyyyy toooooo long...
cm-vi1.gif

DBT85

La Stampa saying the Pogba deal is now just waiting on the teams to arrange how to spread the payments.

Also, total transfer fee is supposedly €115m, €100m of which goes to Juve and €15m goes to Pogba/Raiola. £96.5m at todays exchange rate.

EDIT: Adidasfootball just tweeted this, the blaa blaa blaa is I'm guessing a reference to Raiolas comments the other day
https://twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/758208449666744320
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CoWyi5wXYAAOu2O.mp4
JvKgwFs.gif

Also, all the new PL rules for this year. Just hoping that the player behaviour clampdown actually happens.

CHANGE 1: Kick-off

As seen at Euro 2016, the ball no longer has to go forward at kick-off. The previous law stated the ball had to go into the opposition half at the restart, but it has been changed to allow it to move in any direction, as long as it "clearly moves". This change has paved the way for one-man kick-offs, as seen at Euro 2016.

CHANGE 2: Pre-match red cards

Referees will be able to give a player a red card before the match kicks off. This allows officials to punish red-card offences (e.g. violent conduct) in the warm-up or as the two teams line up in the tunnel. The new law states a player may be sent off any time between the pre-match inspection and when the referee leaves the field at the end of the game.

CHANGE 3: An end to the 'triple-punishment law'

The previous 'triple-punishment' law meant a player who denied a goal-scoring opportunity in the box was automatically red-carded and handed a suspension, as well as giving away a penalty.

The law has now been changed so players committing accidental fouls that deny goal-scoring opportunities in the penalty area will not be automatically sent off, with a yellow card sufficient punishment.

As the amendment states: "When a denial of a goalscoring opportunity offence is committed by a defender in the penalty area, the penalty kick effectively restores the goalscoring opportunity so the punishment for the player should be less strong (e.g. a yellow card) than when the offence is committed outside the penalty area. However, when the offence is handball or clearly not a genuine attempt to play or challenge for the ball, the player will be sent off."

CHANGE 4: Treating injuries

If a player is fouled and hurt by an opponent who subsequently receives a yellow or red card for the challenge, the injured player may be quickly treated on the pitch without the need to leave the field of play.

It was widely seen as unfair that a player injured by a serious foul was forced off the pitch for treatment, temporarily placing the fouled team at a numerical disadvantage.

CHANGE 5: Changing boots/equipment

A player who briefly leaves the field (e.g. to change boots) may have his new boots checked by an assistant referee or fourth official before returning to play.

Previously, the player required the referee's permission to return.

CHANGE 6: Penalties

Among several minor changes to the laws regarding penalties, potentially the most interesting is the amendment to yellow card a penalty taker who "illegally feints" once his run-up is complete. This means slowing to a stop immediately before shooting is not allowed, with a yellow card and an indirect free-kick to the opposition the result.

The law does stress feinting during a run-up is still permitted.

CHANGE 7: Infringements by substitutes/team officials

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone was sent to the stands in April after a member of his backroom team threw a ball onto the pitch during a La Liga game in an attempt to interrupt an opponent's attack.

To address what was threatening to become a growing trend, the law has been changed so that if play is stopped due to interference from a team official or substitute, rather than the award of an indirect free-kick or drop ball, the referee will now award a free-kick or penalty kick to the opposition.

CHANGE 8: Colour of undergarment

The new rule states undershorts/tights must be the same colour as the main colour of the shorts or the lowest part of the shorts. This takes into account shorts with a different coloured hem.

Undershirts must still be the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve.

CHANGE 9: Offside

A couple of minor clarifications to the offside rule. The law now states the halfway line is neutral, meaning a player must have part of the body (excluding arms or hands) in the opponents' half to be flagged offside.

A free-kick resulting from an offside will nowalways take place where the offence is committed.

CHANGE 10: Handballs

In an effort to stop referees brandishing yellow cards for every handball, "preventing an opponent gaining possession" has been removed from the list of bookable offences.

Handball is now a yellow card offence when "it stops/interferes with a promising attack".

CHANGE 11: Restarts

The phrase "clearly moves" has been added to the law on restarts, meaning attempts to trick the opposition by lightly tapping the ball at a corner (or free-kick) and then dribbling will come to an end. This amendment is part of a renewed emphasis on what constitutes sporting behaviour "within the spirit of the game".

CHANGE 12: Player behaviour

Referees have been urged to take a stronger stand on "intolerable behaviour" by players following a
joint statement by the Premier League, English Football League and FA.

Running to contest decisions, arguing face-to-face with officials, and "visibly disrespectful" actions will result in yellow cards.

Red cards will be issued to players who confront officials and use insulting and/or offensive language or gestures towards them.

The aim is to "reduce disrespectful conduct such as aggressively challenging decisions or running from distance to confront an official."

Jarnet87

La Stampa saying the Pogba deal is now just waiting on the teams to arrange how to spread the payments.

Also, total transfer fee is supposedly €115m, €100m of which goes to Juve and €15m goes to Pogba/Raiola. £96.5m at todays exchange rate.

Saw that report last night/this morning

i-don-t-believe-it-matrix-o.gif

Waiting for new twist in Pogsaga.

Floody

Rumours gathering pace that Wolves have beaten Liverpool in the race to sign Anderson Talisca for £21 million. We've arrived boys!

lol

I know you have a super rich owner now, but doesn't FFP still apply to you? Crazy that a Championship club is willing to pay that for a player. Take it you are favorites to come up?

Also, this is the first I've heard of Liverpool being linked to him, who was the source? Can't say I'm upset about missing out on another expensive midfielder though.

Danchi

I know you have a super rich owner now, but doesn't FFP still apply to you? Crazy that a Championship club is willing to pay that for a player. Take it you are favorites to come up?

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there is some kind of grace period when a club is taken over (e.g. the club has to get everything in order within three years).

A Bola (Portuguese paper) has linked him with a move to LFC all Summer. He doesn't look like someone you'd pay £20m for.

He looked really special in his first year at Benfica. It seemed like he was on the European Football Show on BT every other week because he'd scored some long-range screamer.

la_briola

Time to embrace Zorninger. Danish league started 2 weeks ago and Brøndby are playing Hertha Berlin tomorrow in the Europa League qualifier.

Don't worry, only 9 days until the best league starts again.
0VOfBQ0n_400x400.jpg

The best league is already playing.
Nigerian Professional Football League

I knew Frankfurt should have gone down.

2. Bundesliga starts in like one week!

sora87

Also, this is the first I've heard of Liverpool being linked to him, who was the source? Can't say I'm upset about missing out on another expensive midfielder though.

We've been linked with him for the past 4 windows or something, he always pops up

Rumours gathering pace that Wolves have beaten Liverpool in the race to sign Anderson Talisca for £21 million. We've arrived boys!

lol

Been fun following this on twitter and molineuxmix for the last few days, shows real intent from our new owners if this turns out to be true. Makes a change from being linked to the likes of Chris Wood though haha

FFP is an absolute joke. They'll get a sub £100,000 fine and a slap on the wrist. Maybe a transfer ban starting from the end of the current window and finishing at the start of the next.

The Gameiro- Vietto swap is complete. Atletico is paying €30M + 5 in variables and Sevilla gets Vietto on loan for €3M and a €20M purchase option. As RM said, Sevilla continue to do great business.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2016/07/26/57978bb122601ddb2d8b45ce.html

Pretty much and the latest rumors are that Argentina want Jorge Sampaoli as their national coach and are willing to seek 8.1 million to pay his buyout-clause.

Imagine that, having someone for a month and getting 8.1 million for him.

(That said, losing a coach at this moment would be very devastating.)

Floody

FFP is an absolute joke. They'll get a sub £100,000 fine and a slap on the wrist. Maybe a transfer ban starting from the end of the current window and finishing at the start of the next.

Yeah, reading up on other teams who have done a similar thing, it's only really a bad thing if you badly fail to get promoted, as they'll only hit you with (relatively) low fine if you're in the Prem, you fail though and you can get a transfer ban, as well as squad size restrictions.

jrmanimal

Between the horrible business of buying Pato in 2013 for €15m ans selling him this year for €3m...I'm so happy we got rid of him. Good luck for him with the Villarreal, though. He will score like 10 goals this season and then they will sell him for at least €10m next year.

And really curious to see Sevilla this season. I don't trust Ganso much(actually, I don't trust him at all), but they're getting some pretty cool signings. As a casual Sevilla supporter, I really want to watch them this season.

jrmanimal

No Freddy Adu? Was he already a flop by 2007? :p

This is list is pretty funny, all those brazilian flops. I think the best nowadays is Renato Augusto, he is in China getting loads of money but it was the best player in Brazil last year...if it wasn't for injuries, he would be having a lot better career...but he only played for Corinthians because of that in the first place, so okay.

Lulinha is such a pain, Corinthians rejected a Chelsea bid and put a $50million clause on him. Kerlon was always more hype than football...he barely can play professionally.

Pato and Anderson had decent but underwhelming careers. Guilherme still good enough for the local league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom