• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Its just them as AS saying anything at all about Pogba to Madrid. And they are only getting it from AS lol.

Every major paper in Italy is running with Pogba to United by the end of Friday.

Nyx

Man we really need a transferwindow that stops when leagues start....

My club might just sell 3-4 starting players in the coming days because of sudden real interest from other clubs.... Pre-season training for nothing, build the team when the league is already on.. (starts the 5th of August)

sora87

Not surprised by the chelsea result and the fact we didn't threaten at all according to sky sports. No goals in that squad at all.

la_briola

Not sure which Bayern fan didn't like Frankfurt because of Aigner, but good news for you!

Hes going back to 1860. :lol
kicker.de said:
Jetzt kann es ganz schnell gehen. 1860 München steht vor der Verpflichtung eines Ex-Spielers. Wie der kicker erfuhr, soll Stefan Aigner zu den Löwen zurückkehren. Eine Einigung sei erzielt - der Wechsel soll heute oder morgen offiziell über die Bühne gehen.
-- http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...73/artikel_aigner-vor-wechsel-zu-sechzig.html

How much weight has Yaya lost he looks half the size. Surprising how radically different City are playing in such a short period of time that is primarily made of kids, though it does look a bit like City are trying to imitate a Pep side at the moment. Shit game though.

Blablurn

13710536_1141173332620406_8238735260472012428_o.jpg

Floody

Did anyone watch the Liverpool game last night? Decent game? I know the result but was wondering if it was worth a watch.

From all accounts, no, it was really boring, Chelsea just defending and Liverpool just passing around not really committing to any real attack. I'd just watched the "highlights".

Pachimari

Reports in Spain that Jese is close to a move to PSG. Would be great to finally see him come back from that ACL 100%

That's just a bad move all together. It's not like he's gonna get a ton of minutes to develop in Paris. I would have preferred we loaned him out to a mid-table team.

Sky Sports reporting Raiola is holding talks with Juventus to finalise the Pogba deal, maybe if he wasn't such a greedy fuck it would already be done by now.

Sky Sports reporting Raiola is holding talks with Juventus to finalise the Pogba deal, maybe if he wasn't such a greedy fuck it would already be done by now.

You cannot blame Riaola for being a greedy fuck. Who wouldn't do his best for 24 million, for doing basically nothing?
As I said before, I have no (big) problem with high wages and transfer fees, but agents are getting more and more every year and it's just a joke at this point. They get so much money for doing almost no work.

DBT85

He's contractually entitled to his fee. He got that contract by getting Pogba to Juve for £800k. They agreed that percentage and were now refusing to pay it.

bjaelke

Miguel Delaney @MiguelDelaney
Pogba details all agreed. £95m sterling. Agent fee £20m but Juve pay the tax.

only posting because this thread is moving incredible slow

Gothos

So, I read that English media are delighted with Bielik performance in Arsenal vs MSL Stars. Man, what a great time for Polish football, woot! Hopefuly he will also play in the league. Can't wait for the new season, especially that Kapustka will probably join Leicester :)

So, I read that English media are delighted with Bielik performance in Arsenal vs MSL Stars. Man, what a great time for Polish football, woot! Hopefuly he will also play in the league.

He'll play three games for Arsenal then end up signing for someone in the Championship for a million quid in a few years, like almost all of Arsenal's academy players do.

bjaelke

Laurentiis (Napoli president) said:
I read Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain's statements during his unveiling press conference at Juventus and I'd like to comment on the part when, after having said that Juventus is a great family and he is happy to wear their shirt, he claims the main reason why he chose to join that club was me. I thought long and hard whether these words deserved any reply, since everyone knows clearly what the truth is. Then, I decided that it was better to say something, just not to be forgotten in the future. Here is my answer.

1) If Mister Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain was annoyed by my presence, it took him many years to understand it, unless he is a liar or an excellent actor. I would rule the latter out, though, as I know something about actors.

2) We spent a long time together, even recently. For example an entire day in Rome at the Disciplinary Commission on April 15 in order to have the four-game ban reduced in the middle of the Scudetto race. I assure you that day Gonzalo was very calm and didn't show any intolerance towards me, as the many people around us that day could testify.

3) Why on earth his agent never ever showed any impatience the several times we met recently to discuss his contract renewal? Had they been so intolerant towards me they wouldn't have spent hours with me discussing money, a lot of money, with huge availability and understanding.

4) Isn't his agent embarrassed to say that the team where he played and helped him score 38 goals was not up to the challenge? Isn't he embarrassed to say that Gonzalo's team-mates were rubbish, when Napoli was the Italian team that had created the most goal chances, something pivotal to let a striker score many goals?

5) To try and explain that his move is my fault is a huge lack of respect towards all Neapolitans. If Higuain had read Napoli's history, he would know this city was the only one to get rid alone of the Nazis even before the arrival of the Americans who found the town freed when they entered it. You can betray these people if you are shameless but you can't take the p*** out of them.
wFovN4O.gif

Still 3 months until Juventus and Napoli are playing each other but I'm already excited.

Classic Mourinho if true.

True, but on the other hand, I like that he just makes hard choices. If he doesn't like a player, he just sells him. Man Utd knew that.

And that's good, because other managers would keep Schweinsteiger just because he's a name. Mourinho doesn't care.

And yes, he made lot's of mistakes in the past, but that's football.

miserable

didn't De Laurentiis call Higuain fat and slow after the match that Napoli lost (can't recall which one) that caused them to drop behind Juve in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom