• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm so excited to see Higuain play for Juventus. He is one of my favorite footballers in current football, and I still appreciate all of his effort for Real Madrid.

I'm also happy not a lot is happening in Real Madrid. We really aren't in a hurry, so that's good to see. Although we better go for a midfielder, preferably defensive one.

And as for tonight, hopefully Brøndby beats Hertha!

I still believe Pogba will end up in Madrid. :(

Not a chance ;)

Such big transfers always take time. Bale was also known for weeks before the transfer was official. Real will never pay 150 million for Pogba. That's just crazy money, but Man Utd are using every single reserve they have to get him.

I'm so excited to see Higuain play for Juventus. He is one of my favorite footballers in current football, and I still appreciate all of his effort for Real Madrid.

I'm also happy not a lot is happening in Real Madrid. We really aren't in a hurry, so that's good to see. Although we better go for a midfielder, preferably defensive one.

And as for tonight, hopefully Brøndby beats Hertha!

But he's not worth the money imo. He's a very likable player (except if you're a Napoli fan), but 90 million...

And yes, Real doesn't need much, but they need to broaden the squad a little bit imo. Like you said, a (defensive) midfielder is really needed.
It's the same with Barcelona, they have a good squad, they only needed some backup players (except RB, I don't know why they haven't bought someone to replace Alves).

Real and Barcelona are primarily focusing on contact extensions. You have to assume that a part of the transfer money is going to that.

DBT85

I'm going for £100m including the agents fees - Woody has his world record signing, Juve just have to suck it up.

This is spot on what is being widely reported so I'd go with that too. About €115m - €120m.

Of course a paper will do the sums and include his wages for the contract and say it's a €170m transfer or something and that's all anyone will say.

Yeah but with Juve spending €75m it must be a done deal

Its not as if Juve are a poor club though. And with Higuaín there current transfers is only £15million more than what it was last year. The rumours of players leaving Juve are Pogba (100), Bonucci (50), Pereyra (8). If they are aiming for a similar loss on transfers as last year (assuming they don't buy any more, and the players rumoured don't look like they would cost too much anyway) they would only need to get about 40 million, which Bonucci would cover.

Pachimari

Not a chance ;)

Such big transfers always take time. Bale was also known for weeks before the transfer was official. Real will never pay 150 million for Pogba. That's just crazy money, but Man Utd are using every single reserve they have to get him.

I were just kidding. All I wanted was for Pogba to arrive in Madrid, but it'll only be for a vacation huhu.

Jarnet87

But he's not worth the money imo. He's a very likable player (except if you're a Napoli fan), but 90 million...

And yes, Real doesn't need much, but they need to broaden the squad a little bit imo. Like you said, a (defensive) midfielder is really needed.
It's the same with Barcelona, they have a good squad, they only needed some backup players (except RB, I don't know why they haven't bought someone to replace Alves).

Real and Barcelona are primarily focusing on contact extensions. You have to assume that a part of the transfer money is going to that.

Can Casemiro be the guy who nails down the DM Spot for Madrid? Read that he got more playing time when Zizou became manager. If not do you think they should have gone all out for Kante?

Pachimari

Can Casemiro be the guy who nails down the DM Spot for Madrid? Read that he got more playing time when Zizou became manager. If not do you think they should have gone all out for Kante?
He have already nailed the position. The thing is, that we have nobody to really compete with him.

tim.mbp

CoZ4krqXgAAbG7r.jpg

Edit: Save me Copa Libertadores

Casemiro did that already under Zidane. One of the first things Zidane did was benching James and Isco and putting a more balanced midfield on the field. And Casemiro did a wonderful job, like some others here said.

The thing is, Modric is very injury prone and if Casemiro gets an injury, you have to put Isco or James there and so most people assume that Real Madrid are interested in a central midfielder.
That said, I don't think Real was that serious about Kante, they could easily afford him, but I think he fits more in the premier league. With Real Madrid I rather see someone like Gomes, who's more of a technical player. Pogba would have been perfect, but Man Utd just pays a crazy sum. There are midfielders enough, I read today that Real Madrid would buy Sissoko from Newcastle if they don't get their first choices.
Like Madridista said, Real can wait, we don't need big transfers after we got Morata. Extending the contract of Bale, Jesé, Modric and even Ronaldo is more important.

Beefy

Watching the Bayern vs Milan game. Badstuber slipped which led to a Niang goal, he now has been subbed at the 30min looking like shit.

Elchele

Watching the Bayern vs Milan game. Badstuber slipped which led to a Niang goal, he now has been subbed at the 30min looking like shit.

Before the game, in the press conference, Carlo said Badstuber could play 20-30 minutes max. So that was planned.

T-Rex.

Banned
My acclimation to set piece goals from last season is still strong as I felt nothing when that ball went it.
Ha, I'm pretty much the same.

Pretty surprised at how defensive Chelsea have been considering it's a glorified friendly, but then again the onus is on us to break them down. They're going to be a bastard to play in the league this season.

Nyx

Sassuolo Calcio bid 6 million for Dutch defender Timo Letschert from Utrecht, apparently.

Why do Italian clubs need Dutch defenders?

Gothos

Can I whine about Football Manager 16 here? Because couple of days ago I fired it up again, had an INCREDIBLE first season with Leeds, winning the promotion to the Premierhiship in the last game of the season (I thought I'll have a heart attack for the last 15mins of the game) and then... the club changed the owner and I was sacked. OH, COME THE FUCK ON!!! :( That's just bs.

DBT85

Can I whine about Football Manager 16 here? Because couple of days ago I fired it up again, had an INCREDIBLE first season with Leeds, winning the promotion to the Premierhiship in the last game of the season (I thought I'll have a heart attack for the last 15mins of the game) and then... the club changed the owner and I was sacked. OH, COME THE FUCK ON!!! :( That's just bs.

Harsh! Was there a reason given?

Still palying on FM15 and after dude heres said to try Classic after me crying about the full fat version, they were right. I've started at United rather than Worcester so that's helping. Di MAria, Falcao, Rooney and Mata are doing the lords work. But I feel happy palying it again no matter the result, unlike full fat where some whiny shitbag would get upset if I said the wrong thing. grr.

Now just waiting on 2017 Touch. Not buying the full game again.

Gothos

Harsh! Was there a reason given?

Typical "new owner - we want the new manager" story. They didn't even get good coach for my place (Aitor Karanka, lol).

Still palying on FM15 and after dude heres said to try Classic after me crying about the full fat version, they were right. I've started at United rather than Worcester so that's helping. Di MAria, Falcao, Rooney and Mata are doing the lords work. But I feel happy palying it again no matter the result, unlike full fat where some whiny shitbag would get upset if I said the wrong thing. grr.

FMT is definetely refreshing but I just can't stand how they present attributes in that version. So blocky - hate it and just can't play it because of it :)

DBT85

FMT is definetely refreshing but I just can't stand how they present attributes in that version. So blocky - hate it and just can't play it because of it :)

Ahh, I have no idea how bad it is since I've not even looked at FMT16. Still just rocking FMC15 so it all looks ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom