• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floody

Karius out for two months

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/759101368053354496?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

fuckoffagain9kucy.gif

Apparently he did it by punching Lovren too, I just give up.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's not great news, but I don't think Mig is *that* bad. I'm more worried about Moreno and his ability to fuck up in almost every big match.

Tainted

It's not the end of the world....if anything, this will make Mignolet more determined to retain the #1 spot while Karius will be just as determined when he returns from injury to displace him. It's good that we now have serious competition for the GK spot.

Syder

I feel your pain. Aaron Cresswell will miss the first 3 months of the season. I love Slaven Bilić but his insistence on turning one of the league's best wingers into a right-back and ignoring Sam Byram is baffling to me. It was painfully obvious despite our blatant lack of fitness in the Domžale game that putting Antonio in that position when Feghouli is more than competent at playing wide is going to be a massive weakness for us.

enishi

Oh, SCAA scored first against Juventus (B team though)

Chan only scores in friendly matches as usual...

---
Edit: Benatia leveled within 2 min

T-Rex.

Banned
Damn, Moreno is still at Liverpool?

RIP.
Yup, and it doesn't look like we'll be signing an experienced LB to replace him. I don't really want to be too harsh on him since he is a Liverpool player, but he's a really dumb player. I mean even in these friendly games he's still doing exactly what he did last season and making the exact same mistakes.

Tainted

Yup, and it doesn't look like we'll be signing an experienced LB to replace him. I don't really want to be too harsh on him since he is a Liverpool player, but he's a really dumb player. I mean even in these friendly games he's still doing exactly what he did last season and making the exact same mistakes.

Yep...and I would've thought after his performance in that Europa final it would have convinced Klopp to have a new LB near the top of his shopping list. There is still time left I guess/hope

norinrad

And you guys are really setting an example with Rooney

Nobody likes Wayne, but that 300k a week contract is no joke. Its the the uncle everyone would rather see disappear but for some reason, he's always there even when not invited to the family BBQ.

Looking at Zenga's coaching history... Hmm.

Probably not representative, but getting the sack having taken a team to the bottom of the UAE League isn't massively encouraging.

Gameiro transfer is official. €32 million fee, signing a 4 year contract. I like it.

+ 5 million variables + letting Vietto go for 3 million loan and 20 million buy clause.

I don't know if you're a Sevilla or Atletico fan, but Sevilla does a great job. No need for investing in another striker and getting a shit ton of money for a player who's 29.

That said, Atletico needed a good striker and they cannot compete with the prices for world class talent.
I'm honestly surprised they can invest so much (81 million) without selling anyone and extending the contracts of some of their best payers.
Makes you wonder if they got that money from their Chinese investor who owns 20% of the club. It's very weird because a few years ago they got big financial troubles.

Probably not representative, but getting the sack having taken a team to the bottom of the UAE League isn't massively encouraging.

Shocking isn't it?
Was buzzing from when the rumours of the takeover came out a few weeks ago right up until his appointment, not it's just hmmmm.

Beefy

We were linked to him before Puel came in. He has been sacked about 8 times if I remember rightly. Hopefully he proves us all wrong though.

Didn't he just get a four year contract this summer? A loan move I could see but selling him not really. And it was a Daily Mail article that mentioned it.

I wouldn't even like to see him go out on loan. We have been terrible with loaning out player in the past, the majority have either gone backwards or have just been forgotten. Mou has a good record with young defenders so i'd rather see him stay and develop.

sora87

Karius isnt even that good of a keeper. Why didnt they target bernd leno or ron robert zieler (or get weidenfeller)?

It's been our transfer policy for a while now, go after average to good players instead of bringing in some real quality. There's of course the odd exception but this squad as a whole is nowhere near top 4 level.

tim.mbp

+ 5 million variables + letting Vietto go for 3 million loan and 20 million buy clause.

I don't know if you're a Sevilla or Atletico fan, but Sevilla does a great job. No need for investing in another striker and getting a shit ton of money for a player who's 29.

That said, Atletico needed a good striker and they cannot compete with the prices for world class talent.
I'm honestly surprised they can invest so much (81 million) without selling anyone and extending the contracts of some of their best payers.
Makes you wonder if they got that money from their Chinese investor who owns 20% of the club. It's very weird because a few years ago they got big financial troubles.

Atlético fan and La Liga fan in general.

€32m seems like not that much for someone of Gameiro's goal scoring record. They definitely needed someone with experience other than Torres and Gameiro's speed should really help on the counter.

Sevilla does a great job and I'm really excited to see what Sampaoli brings to them. Should be exciting.

You're right that €81M is a ton but Atletico's situation is way better than it was a couple of years ago. They paid off a huge amount of debt and are getting an additional €35M in tv revenue next year. Plus with the proposed player ban coming up they really have to go all out right now.

qYMSz8q.jpg

Blablurn

My 60.000th post is dedicated to the Football Thread which gave me years of good banter and good fun. Miss the old guys, looking forward to the new guys.

Thanks for everything Thread.

<3

BAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEERN

la_briola

Karius isnt even that good of a keeper. Why didnt they target bernd leno or ron robert zieler (or get weidenfeller)?

Karius is better than Zieler and Weidenfeller, worse than Leno.

He shits on everyone when it comes to penalties, so if pool is sloppy in that regard hes a real winner for your side.

la_briola

My 60.000th post is dedicated to the Football Thread which gave me years of good banter and good fun. Miss the old guys, looking forward to the new guys.

Thanks for everything Thread.

<3

BAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEERN

Bla could fill a stadium with every one of his posts. What a legend(1).

(1) spammer
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom