• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll pay £50m for Stones.

I personally hope not, I know a lot of fans that think differently though. He is a good player but like most English players of any note the press are on them like flies on shit. Just look how he was slammed by the press last season for not meeting their expectations, place a £50 mill price tag on him and it makes things a lot worse. I understand Everton wanting that much but he isn't worth it and the money would be better spent elsewhere. Unless some of the English players are getting shipped out then they shouldn't meet it.

la_briola

Chelsea has offered €80m to Everton for Romelu Lukaku.

4Head.png

I personally hope not, I know a lot of fans that think differently though. He is a good player but like most English players of any note the press are on them like flies on shit. Just look how he was slammed by the press last season for not meeting their expectations, place a £50 mill price tag on him and it makes things a lot worse. I understand Everton wanting that much but he isn't worth it and the money would be better spent elsewhere. Unless some of the English players are getting shipped out then they shouldn't meet it.

Pretty much, but understandable. A player like Stones is quite young and has the potential to become a player that's very beloved with the fans. It's crazy off course, but these are times where a mediocre central defender like Luiz is sold for 50 million...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I get nervous when Saints spend like £15m. Football at that level is just insane. The pressure for top teams to stay top teams is really something.

Audioboxer

£67.5m for a player they sold for £28m while United are signing a player they let go on a free for £100m+

Fucking buy-back clauses, people!
ramos.png

We have Ed Woodward.

His buyback clause would probably be 100m for Pogba because he's a fucking tool.

Westlo

If Rom and Stones go for these prices... we're rolling in the cash.... but it sure would be nice to actually buy some players now.... If Koeman was Bielsa he would've quit weeks ago....

If this was Football Manager you'll be going crazy signing wonderkids and hoping your chemistry isn't fucked..... would make a good save...

bjaelke

Someone's checking out the restaurants.

FC Schalke 04 @s04_en
Leroy #Sané is currently in Manchester and will not be travelling with #Schalke to the training camp. #s04

la_briola

spidye

kicker.de is reporting a fee of 50 Million Euro + non specific bonus payments.

He is now the most expensive German player ever (I think).
Özil was 50m too if I remember correctly
That fee is insane for someone just having one decent season in his career.

Who knows. Maybe pep's getting te next ballon d'or winner

lol

Pretty much, but understandable. A player like Stones is quite young and has the potential to become a player that's very beloved with the fans. It's crazy off course, but these are times where a mediocre central defender like Luiz is sold for 50 million...

And the fees are only going to get crazier. I thought Stones was overpriced when Chelsea had a bid of 30 million turned down last year, even with the mental attitude that has befallen the football world this transfer window 50 million is far far too much for not only a player that is unproven but a player that has had a poor season and done fuck all to warrant such a price, he hasn't had good international performances, no great cup displays, has gone missing when Everton have needed the stability, gets caught out sitting on the ball far too often, only plays one game a week regularly rather than two that will be required. The only things he has going is that he is English in a league where that is desirable, he is young and likes to play the ball out from the back.

sora87

Oh God, and they're in the premiership this year?? I didn't think it was possible for a team to get fewer points that Villa last season but Hull's making a great effort.

Such a waste of a prem league spot, I still wish Brighton had come up instead.

In other news Wijnaldum is certainly saying all the right things, here's hoping he does reach double figures this season as we're gonna need it

Beefy

Such a waste of a prem league spot, I still wish Brighton had come up instead.

In other news Wijnaldum is certainly saying all the right things, here's hoping he does reach double figures this season as we're gonna need it

Nah they deserve to be in the Prem, they don't deserve the owner they have.

Meier

R.e. Sane fee, this from Martin Blackburn (the top City source):

Martin Blackburn ‏@SunMartinB 1 hour ago
#mcfc very clear that its £37million up front for Sane. Some add ons which might come into play but most of them won't.

That equates to €44m up front. A lot of money but a fair price given his potential and the fact Bayern would have made an attempt to buy him next season for €37m.

la_briola

R.e. Sane fee, this from Martin Blackburn (the top City source):

Martin Blackburn ‏@SunMartinB 1 hour ago
#mcfc very clear that its £37million up front for Sane. Some add ons which might come into play but most of them won't.

That equates to €44m up front. A lot of money but a fair price given his potential and the fact Bayern would have made an attempt to buy him next season for €37m.

Kicker says that the add-ons are safe and will be met, so it will look like €50m, there are even more add-ons that could trigger in the future.

edit: to clarify, there are "safe" add-ons and "potential" ones, that's how they phrase it...

edit2:
German: "[...] bereits 50 Millionen Euro wert ist - Manchester City jedenfalls ist er dieses Geld wert. Inklusive Boni, die für Schalke risikoarm sind, wird der talentierte Offensivspieler genau diese Summe in die Kassen des FC Schalke spülen. Durch weitere Boni könnte der Betrag im Laufe der Zeit sogar noch anwachsen [...]"
risikoarm = risk free, which I would understand as "guaranteed".
Source kicker.de

Meier

Does he qualify of a work visa?

Hard to say really. He has no caps so he probably shouldn't, but it's always a bit fluid an there is a scale where players earn "points" based off various criteria. Price comes into play so perhaps if his transfer fee is high enough, he might get through.

Milik to Napoli for probably 30 to 35 million.

*insert crazy meme*

Probably never scouted him at Ajax and only watched a few games with Poland.

Going from Higuain to Milik... Napoli wasting the jackpot money imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom