• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Red

ezgif-2862708045.gif

Audioboxer

I thought Zlatan scored an own goal at first, but watching the replay, your defence were really slow reacting to it.

I meant the Man Utd 1st goal conceded lol. I'm a Man Utd fan.

Also, Jose, you've got your work cut out. Team is just not doing well pre-season. Everyone looks blunt, slow, and Rooney? Man, he should be in the kitchens selling pies.

Floody

I meant the Man Utd 1st goal conceded lol. I'm a Man Utd fan.

Also, Jose, you've got your work cut out. Team is just not doing well pre-season. Everyone looks blunt, slow, and Rooney? Man, he should be in the kitchens selling pies.

Same, it looked like Zlatan just kicked it straight into his own goal.

It's Mou, there's absolutely zero chances of him not sorting out the defence, it probably more of a fitness issue more than anything, was poor though.

edit: this was the first time I saw it https://streamable.com/nv10

Atlético fan and La Liga fan in general.

€32m seems like not that much for someone of Gameiro's goal scoring record. They definitely needed someone with experience other than Torres and Gameiro's speed should really help on the counter.

Sevilla does a great job and I'm really excited to see what Sampaoli brings to them. Should be exciting.

Great, the more the merrier ;)

And yeah, it's not a bad transfer, but I never like big expensive transfers for players above +- 27 years old. You could better invest that money in a younger player imo.

You're right that €81M is a ton but Atletico's situation is way better than it was a couple of years ago. They paid off a huge amount of debt and are getting an additional €35M in tv revenue next year. Plus with the proposed player ban coming up they really have to go all out right now.

But still, I read somewhere that they plan to pay off all the debt this year, so paying off debts, investing in new players, building a ridiculously huge stadium, extending contracts for star players,...
Makes you wonder where that money comes from.

Tubie

3-2 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least the 105,000 US fans (second most attended soccer game ever in US soil) got their moneys worth.

Hard to take anything serious away from that match. At least Marcelo looked good.

Atomic Odin

Only watched the second half, Ojo was very good. Pace to burn and a real handful when it comes to wingplay. Origi's goal was great, and as always he was a real nuisance to the opposition defenders.

T-Rex.

Banned
It's mad just how much Origi has kicked on since Klopp became manager. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him start against Arsenal.

Floody

Just saw the Origi goal and it was nice, but that cross from Moreno was amazing, when did he learn to do that? Now If he learns how to defend, he could actually be a really good LB.

spidye

If there's one thing I'd like to do before I die is punching rummenigge in his stupid face.
He's always concerned what his sponsors think. Why the fuck do you care if audi is pissed that bayern players have ads with mercedes cars?

Just saw the Origi goal and it was nice, but that cross from Moreno was amazing, when did he learn to do that? Now If he learns how to defend, he could actually be a really good LB.

Moreno has always been able to cross. It's his defending that's been a problem.

Floody

Moreno has always been able to cross. It's his defending that's been a problem.

I always remember him messing up his crosses too, maybe I'm thinking of his passing in the final 3rd, or have just wiped any of his positives from my mind after the final.
That cross was quality though and a long range one too, which we've lacked for awhile now, more of that, instead of him charging forward carelessly and he would improve a lot from that alone.

Jack cw

If there's one thing I'd like to do before I die is punching rummenigge in his stupid face.
He's always concerned what his sponsors think. Why the fuck do you care if audi is pissed that bayern players have ads with mercedes cars?
If a sponsor holds 250m worth of your company then you will react. Riberys shit talking about Pep, his behavior as captain on the pitch and players ignoring marketing deals is something a club boss should intervene, because its unprofessional. Both, Rummenigge and Ancelotti said the right things. For anybody asking what Sammer actually did at Bayern, here is the answer. He kept that carnival of stupid focused on football.

spidye

If a sponsor holds 250m worth of your company then you will react. Riberys shit talking about Pep, his behavior as captain on the pitch and players ignoring marketing deals is something a club boss should intervene, because its unprofessional. Both, Rummenigge and Ancelotti said the right things. For anybody asking what Sammer actually did at Bayern, here is the answer. He kept that carnival of stupid focused on football.
Those are ads issued by the national team. Bayern and especially rummenigge has absolutely no say in this matter. If götze drives a mercedes and wears nike during a bayern meeting, then yes, he should get reprimanded. This isn't the issue this time

T-Rex.

Banned
I always remember him messing up his crosses too, maybe I'm thinking of his passing in the final 3rd, or have just wiped any of his positives from my mind after the final.
That cross was quality though and a long range one too, which we've lacked for awhile now, more of that, instead of him charging forward carelessly and he would improve a lot from that alone.
Nah, you're right in that his crossing is usually shit. He's good at getting into attacking positions, but he usually pays no attention to where his teammates are and just twats the ball across the box. His low crosses are better than his high ones though.

Jack cw

Those are ads issued by the national team. Bayern and especially rummenigge has absolutely no say in this matter. If götze drives a mercedes and wears nike during a bayern meeting, then yes, he should get reprimanded. This isn't the issue this time
Unless they have signed a valid contract with the other. I dont know the details but why provoke something like this. Every player has other deals with with different companies and I think those ads coupled with some players talking too much in media lately made him say that. It looks like players do what they feel free to do and nobody cares.

so sane to city is not going to happen? they don't want to pay enough or something like that

I heard that there is an official agenda of no more overpaying for players due to what has happened with players like Mangala and Sterling due to it placed an unachievable standard and attention on players that was unwanted by the club, even if most of the inflated price was extras such as add ons, paying past clubs or third parties.

Big change in transfer strategy (and the academy) in general this year though.

I heard that there is an official agenda of no more overpaying for players due to what has happened with players like Mangala and Sterling due to it placed an unachievable standard and attention on players that was unwanted by the club, even if most of the inflated price was extras such as add ons, paying past clubs or third parties.

Big change in transfer strategy (and the academy) in general this year though.

They'll pay £50m for Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom