• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

City better not fuck up on Sunday.
baY5mNu.png

Would be funny if they got knocked out during the play off round

Jerm411

Anyone give me a quick scouting report on Granit Xhaka? Looks like Arsenal are closing in on him and I'm admittedly in the dark about him.

Anyone give me a quick scouting report on Granit Xhaka? Looks like Arsenal are closing in on him and I'm admittedly in the dark about him.

Deep lying midfielder, that fairly rarely comes forward. Good positioning but his real strength is passing. Great distributor who can start quick counters or build up the play. I think the real question is how do he and Ozil play together. They can either give Arsenal their best possession in years or step on each other's feet.

Elchele

Benatia and hojbjerg can go
Rode deserves better
Götze is just unfortunate
Rafinha is actually the perfect backup player. Why should he leave?
We probably are signing a new RB. Or promoting someone, hopefully.
Rode deserves to be in a team where he can be a starter. Same for Pierre Emile

I doubt Gotze would want to go back to BVB. Everyone hates him. Liverpool sounds more possible imo

I agree, also his old position doesn't really exist any more at Dortmund and he's too fat for the wings. He's also too frail for the CM.
Kagawa had sort of the same issue, but seems to cope better now: https://youtu.be/elJZBjX62OY

I read somewhere that Dembele is the sole focus for the offensive midfield.

In that article Arsenal and Juve are mentioned too as being interested in Goatze. I really hope we can dodge that bullet...

/
Nah. They're just playing coy.
Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

sora87

Where will he fit into a team with Countinho and Firmino though?

Always good to have competition, liverpool's squad right now doesn't have a lot of depth.

new keeper lol. mignolet/ward as back up.
clyne/lovren/matip/moreno. gomez/flanagan as back up. Probably need some more there.
can/henderson. milner/grujic/allen/lucas as back up.
gotze/firmino/coutinho. lallana/ojo/ibe as back up.
sturridge/origi/ings. might need one more striker.

Definitely room to bring in a few players.

Kloppo will get the best out of him again
He's also still mostly using a 4-2-3-1 as far as I have seen, his trademark formation, one in which Goatze worked best.
Firmino will probably have to play on the wings or up front (for the most part) to accommodate Goatze in CAM. They could also shuffle between CF and CAM which could work nicely against deeply defending opponents.

Jerm411

Deep lying midfielder, that fairly rarely comes forward. Good positioning but his real strength is passing. Great distributor who can start quick counters or build up the play. I think the real question is how do he and Ozil play together. They can either give Arsenal their best possession in years or step on each other's feet.

Thanks.

He's a bit of a nutter too right....?

I agree, also his old position doesn't really exist any more at Dortmund and he's too fat for the wings. He's also too frail for the CM.
Kagawa had sort of the same issue, but seems to cope better now: https://youtu.be/elJZBjX62OY

I read somewhere that Dembele is the sole focus for the offensive midfield.

In that article Arsenal and Juve are mentioned too as being interested in Goatze. I really hope we can dodge that bullet...

Well, if Tuchel really wants Götze, then I'm certain he has a plan for him.

However, I don't see us buying Dembele and Götze if Micky stays. And Dembele looks like a question of when will it be done rather than if it will be done. So, what I'm saying is: Micky pls

Always good to have competition, liverpool's squad right now doesn't have a lot of depth.

new keeper lol. mignolet/ward as back up.
clyne/lovren/matip/moreno. gomez/flanagan as back up. Probably need some more there.
can/henderson. milner/grujic/allen/lucas as back up.
gotze/firmino/coutinho. lallana/ojo/ibe as back up.
sturridge/origi/ings. might need one more striker.

Definitely room to bring in a few players.

I'm really looking forward to see what Klopp has in mind for the next season. Shall be an interesting summer.

How are Everton as shit as they are with the (good) players they have? Bonkers.

Roberto Martinez. It's that simple.

The Norwich players are playing for a move here I think.

Newcastle would've been safe had they hired Rafa weeks before hand.

Newcastle and Villa relegated, Leicester winning the league. What a strange season.

Empty

martinez lol

took so much credit for the unique moment of adding quicker passing movement to defensive organization and mental toughness that moyes spent years building, totally exposed when faced with constructing his own side.

Hazard :) His form for the last month suggests he was playing with a slight injury throughout the season. Hope he can keep his form into the Euro's and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom