• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

Newcastle fans punched the server so hard it died
We've found the culprit.

1341941913.jpg

MCN

Banned
Even as a Sunderland fan, I feel slightly sorry for Rafa, who was given nothing to work with and no time to work with it.

Meier

Newcastle spent £81 millions in players this season ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Totally thought they'd kick on. Boy was I wrong. Just missed out on those relegated teams as well. >_> I did say when West Brom signed Rondon that I thought they'd stay up.. think I updated my prediction after that point to have Norwich go down but can't recall.

1. Manchester City
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
---
5. Manchester United
6. Liverpool
7. Stoke
---
18. West Brom
19. Leicester
20. Watford

Do you think he'll stay? Don't think one terrible season will be enough to put Madrid off this transfer window.

I think he will tbh, sure it might be hard keeping hold of him, particularly if Zizou's still at the helm at Madrid. But he seems loyal, settled and a chilled out personality, all of which work in Chelsea's favour.

Carbonox

Newcastle need the reset but it's also sad because I really like Rafa and he somehow turned this squad of gargantuan ebola in to something functional. Fair fucking play, now go enjoy a comfortable job somewhere else, lad.

Syder

We already knew Piers was a cunt who knows fuck all about football

Hate how he supports Arsenal
Every club has cunts that support it. We've got James Corden, for example.
I don't see England overcoming the loss of Welbz
I don't consider it a loss at all. One less excuse not to start Vardy and Kane. No one realistically thinks we can win the EUROs but we may as well go gung-ho and play players with high work rates that will strike fear into the hearts of opposition defenders. I'd be ecstatic with a semi-final appearance.

EmiPrime

Lots of people felt pretty good about Rodgers/Martinez in April 2014. Liverpool was looking like they might win the league and Everton were knocking on the top 4.

And both got found out. A manager would have one good season and the Wenger haters on Twitter would go on like he was the second coming of Christ. I would have been open to Klopp or Guardiola coming to Arsenal but the way some like Piers would bandwagon FOTM managers like they could possibly fill Wenger's shoes was embarrassing.

GHG

With James and Gotze available this summer Wengers going to have a breakdown. He'll buy both and yet again neglect our pressing needs in defence and up front.

--------------------------------------------------------Cech----------------------------------------------
Sanchez---Gotze---Cazorla---El Neny---Ozil---Flamini---Xhaka---Wilshere---James
---------------------------------------------------------Giroud--------------------------------------------

Watch out Leicester. We will outpass you.

spidye

I was a Götze defender for the longest time but even I can't defend or even understand what happened to him anymore

Is he just unhappy and that's why he let himself go or did really pep destroy him just because he wasn't neymar?

Express is having a rumour that we are interested in Horn.

I say let's do it. Bürki is good but I don't see him as world class keeper. Horn on the other hand can become one in the near future. We should probably also be able to sell Bürki with a profit considering how cheap he was.

Jack cw

I was a Götze defender for the longest time but even I can't defend or even understand what happened to him anymore

Is he just unhappy and that's why he let himself go or did really pep destroy him just because he wasn't neymar?
I guess the truth lies somewhere in between all those things. The Neymar story never really happened like the common legend that captured peoples minds. Pep agreed to not buy him because 3 years ago the price would have been 80+ million for him with a salary more than 15 million a year making a 19 year old the highest earning guy. Our board collectively rejected and Barca did the deal then. Götze was bought after that. Pep called and convinced him to join Bayern because he saw the potential to play this position he had in mind. He soon saw that Götze lacked the finishing skills. Remember he played 2 years on the Messi position as false 9 and just couldn't have an impact on the game. Peps floating formation also has no classic CAM, that's why he had to play on the wings and lacked the pace. He was lost there.

The biggest reason he never had the chance was because Thomas Müller has in every regard become the better player. He might lack the dribbling skills, but he made the jump to wordclass under Pep, that Götze couldn't. Müller constantly scores the important goals and is essential to Bayerns playstyle and tactical performance.

In the German national team he only played because Müller was mostly the center forward and Götze played there in right midfield. As soon as Klose came in, Müller went on the wing and Götze out of the starting eleven.

Maybe he could have made this jump under Klopp in Dortmund but after 3 years at Bayern it's time to leave. Sometimes things just don't work together.

Express is having a rumour that we are interested in Horn.

I say let's do it. Bürki is good but I don't see him as world class keeper. Horn on the other hand can become one in the near future. We should probably also be able to sell Bürki with a profit considering how cheap he was.

Why not Zieler? He's even cheaper due to his relegation release clause (3.5M I think I read).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom