• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao 5-1. Will spurs ever manage to finish above Arsenal again? This is surely gonna mentally scar the spurs lot.
Cfc game was very end of season, good Drinkwater goal to level it near the end.

Syder

Shitty way to end our incredible season.

Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, I don't think we have squad deep enough to handle Europa League yet. Defensively we're pretty good but Sam Byram must be our starting RB next season. We rely too heavily on Payet & Lanzini for creativity, without them the goals dry up so we also need a striker that has the initiative to make goals from nothing. I'd rather we strengthen in the Summer and go for a league position next year similar to this year with a decent cup run or something.

One positive is that that was the last time we'll ever see Valencia and Emenike in a West Ham shirt again.

Slaven Bilić's Claret & Blue Army!

Beefy

Shitty way to end our incredible season.

Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me, I don't think we have squad deep enough to handle Europa League yet. Defensively we're pretty good but Sam Byram must be our starting RB next season. We rely too heavily on Payet & Lanzini for creativity, without them the goals dry up so we also need a striker that has the initiative to make goals from nothing. I'd rather we strengthen in the Summer and go for a league position next year similar to this year with a decent cup run or something.

One positive is that that was the last time we'll ever see Valencia and Emenike in a West Ham shirt again.

Slaven Bilić's Claret & Blue Army!

You can still get in Europe.

Thank you, Stoke

Thank you, Newcastle

What a day

Need Utd to either:

Lose to Bournemouth or Beat Palace and we are in the group stages.

Unconfirmed Member
Like Pochettino has said in previous interviews, Spurs should no longer be so fixated on where they finish relative to Arsenal. Second or third should be considered the same to a team of this quality, which is a missed opportunity to win the league.

It's embarrassing if Arsenal players and fans are celebrating finishing second just because Spurs are second. They have blown their best chance of winning the league for years.

You never saw Fergie celebrate finishing second or third.

phaze

Something something St. Totteringham's Day.

Haven't even followed this season much so won't gloat about that but I see Arteta played his last game apparently. Always liked him from the moment he came to us, shame he had his share of problems on the field. Farewell.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Something something St. Totteringham's Day.

Haven't even followed this season much so won't gloat about that but I see Arteta played his last game apparently. Always liked him from the moment he came to us, shame he had his share of problems on the field. Farewell.

He scored too, probably be given as an OG though

Syder

Like Pochettino has said in previous interviews, Spurs should no longer be so fixated on where they finish relative to Arsenal. Second or third should be considered the same to a team of this quality, which is a missed opportunity to win the league.

It's embarrassing if Arsenal players and fans are celebrating finishing second just because Spurs are second. They have blown their best chance of winning the league for years.
Still more trophies than Arsenal...

Harry Kane Golden Boot!

Syder

That result is the most Tottenham thing I've ever seen.
CegWmsQWEAE24xn.jpg

Can someone Premface this?

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Was nice to see the players run over to celebrate Giroud's second with Rozza. I'll miss him.

And Arteta's farewell goal. Even if it was a Villa own goal its the moment that mattered.

Empty

ultimately spurs easily succeeded in their goal of getting champions league football and improved loads as a side
and arsenal failed dismally to even put up a battle for the league title in the weakest season in five years where all their traditional rivals struggled. they were perfectly placed.

losing 5-1 to a 10 man relegated team is hilarious however

Syder

JT crying on the pitch like a school child being threatened with expulsion.

Off to the MLS retirement home with ya!

Well said.

So United would have to win and score 19 goals in the process in order to qualify for CL? Good luck with that.

Beefy

The BBC text commentary:

"Ronald Koeman looks proud as punch as he walks around the St Mary's pitch with his players. But, with Everton said to be circling, will he still be there next season?"

At least give us a chance to celebrate.

Empty

Well said.

So United would have to win and score 19 goals in the process in order to qualify for CL? Good luck with that.

if we scored 19 goals in that game we'd also manage to achieve the impossible dream of outscoring david moyes 2013-14 side this season

by one goal

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
The BBC text commentary:

"Ronald Koeman looks proud as punch as he walks around the St Mary's pitch with his players. But, with Everton said to be circling, will he still be there next season?"

At least give us a chance to celebrate.

Final score had Kilbane on so of course every time they mentioned Saints it was only to talk about Everton. Constantly being undermined by the belief that there's a hierarchy in English football that must never change.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Well said mate

Scipio

You can't simply ignore the rivalry. There is a huge monkey on the back of Tottenham, they have finished behind their biggest rivals for 21 consecutive years. Arsenal fans have right and reason to celebrate. Football is not only about the team that gets first. Ofc they blew it, but second place tastes very sweet now.

And the way how Spurs ended this season is very worrying for them.

Beefy

Manchester police just said it was a fake bomb that was very realistic. I bet some twat thought it would be funny to "play a prank"

Syder

Spurs result covering up the fact that Newcastle well and truly buggered up the defence of their Premier League status by drawing at Villa last week.

No way Rafa Benitez manages in the Championship.

GHG

Ok let me put this into perspective for you... Spurs needed 3 points from their final 4 games to secure 2nd place above us. 3 points from 12 available.

So don't get it twisted, Arsenal fans and Arsenal as a club will still be dissapointed with this season overall but do forgive us if we take some time to celebrate the hilarity of this whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom