• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

4usa38Z.gif

Coincidentally, I'm actually having lasagne for dinner tonight.

TeddyBoy

Which big-name players are most likely to move this Summer?

Hummels moving to Bayern is already a big move. Otherwise:

Alexis Sanchez to Bayern is big rumour.
Benteke will join someone else.
Ibrahimovic is moving clubs.
Ronaldo might be moving to PSG.
Gotze is leaving Bayern.
Lukaku is probably leaving Everton.

Those are the big ones off the top of my head.

Syder

I'm sorry you haven't seen Higuain matches this season, he's clearly better, like objectively better.
This is the first year Higuaín has scored more than 30 goals in a season. Higuaín has scored fewer goals than Suárez in an inferior league. Suárez is a legit Ballon d'Or contender. Higuaín is a predatory striker and has had an exceptional season but he simply isn't on the same level as Luis Suárez.

Aucool

This is the first year Higuaín has scored more than 30 goals in a season. Higuaín has scored fewer goals than Suárez in an inferior league. Suárez is a legit Ballon d'Or contender. Higuaín is a predatory striker and has had an exceptional season but he simply isn't on the same level as Luis Suárez.
Higuain a predatory striker? Lol you don't know what are you talking about, he's a top notch advanced "regista" and has a lot of other qualities, but you don't know what are you talking abou, it's clear now.

Syder

Higuain a predatory striker? Lol you don't know what are you talking about, he's a top notch advanced "regista" and has a lot of other qualities, but you don't know what are you talking abou, it's clear now.
trre.gif

Clearly a troll...

Google 'regista', mate.

Tubie

I'm sorry you haven't seen Higuain matches this season, he's clearly better, like objectively better.

He's not even remotely close to Suarez. Suarez scored more goals in a better league.

I know the kind of player he is because I had to endure him at Madrid for years. Sure he would score a million tap ins against mid table teams but come Champions League time the man would always disappear.

Higuain is basically a worse version of Raul, but at least Raul showed up to the big games.

Aucool

He's not even remotely close to Suarez.

I know the kind of player he is because I had to endure him at Madrid for years. Sure he would score a million tap ins against mid table teams but come Champions League time the man would always disappear.
This is factually false, it seems you haven't seen Napoly playing these last 3 seasons.

Aucool

Shitposting? You've been countering everyone else's point that Suarez is better than Higuain by saying 'Nahhh, he isn't'.
Man, you described Higuain has a "predatory striker", it's not my fault if you don't know what are you talking about.

Tubie

This is factually false, it seems you haven't seen Napoly playing these last 3 seasons.

Nope, but I find it hard to believe Higuain turned into a completely different player when he moved to Napoli.

Last I saw of him was the world cup and that's basically the same guy I remember from Madrid. An ok striker that almost always disappears when he's needed the most.

la_briola

Why don't you produce evidence to back up your ridiculous claims?

Suarez is the best at what he does, including chewing human flesh.

Aucool

He creates scoring opportunities out of literally nothing for himself and his teammates, he's a top notch advanced playmaker, he can score from every position and in every way possible, alone can keep busy 3/4 opponents... What else I've to say? Ah, he's also fast, can think quick and has a lot of stamina. This year he has been the best fw in the world.

Elchele

I rate him high, but below Suarez.

I don't see Suárez as a classic striker, tho. He's 1,82 also.
He's great but I don't see him working that great as lone striker against top clubs

He found his place at Barcelona. Couldn't imagine a better striker for them

Sort of apples and oranges. I haven't watched much of Lewandowski since his departure, but if he didn't completely regress he's still a top 3 striker. But so is the Uruguayan man eater.
(& Benz)

Aucool

Sort of apples and oranges. I haven't watched much of Lewandowski since his departure, but if he didn't completely regress he's still a top 3 striker. But so is the Uruguayan man eater.
(& Benz)
Yes, imho Higuain is the firts, Suarez the second and Lewa/Aguero third.

sora87

Well just had a little looksie to make sure and the stats don't lie, Suarez has wayyy more goals and assists than Higuain plus he's doing it in a much better league.

Aucool

Well just had a little looksie to make sure and the stats don't lie, Suarez has wayyy more goals and assists than Higuain plus he's doing it in a much better league.
Only 4 moar goals in a league that is a lot more "fw-friendly", especially for top team's players. Everyone knows that Serie A is a lot harder for FWs. Dude...

Plus he's been doing it more consistently, won the treble only a year ago and turns up in big matches (club or international). Not even remotely a debate.

Higuain has done nothing except have a good season in Serie A.

Only 4 moar goals in a league that is a lot more "fw-friendly", especially for top team's players. Everyone knows that Serie A is a lot harder for FWs. Dude...

"Forward friendly", what does that even mean? Harder to score a goal? More defensive? Cause just from last year:

Serie A produced an astonishing 1024 goals during the 2014/15 season, the highest number out of Europe’s top five leagues.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/w...g-league-in-europe-this-season-090941358.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom