• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Good to see gooner full kit wankers out as expected.

As for Euro squad.... Not sure... Townsend could do some damage, but only if Hodgson puts him where he wants to be. Shame about Defoe, I see rashford getting dropped.

Wilshere as always can fuck right off. Hopefully spurs players can put right some wrongs and take us to victory

Wilshere being in the squad lolol.

The gods have saved us from some of Arsenal's other bang average players with injuries: Ox, Welbeck and Roy didnt pick Theo but Wilshere still gets in.

How about picking some genuinely fit and in-form players Roy? Wilshere's best talent is sticking coke up his nose, leave him to it for the summer.

Rashford is a surprise... hes young and should be with the Under 21s in my opinion with Defoe and Andy Carroll coming in

Shiloa

It's always gutting about Wilshere, I totally understand why he's there. He's unbelievably talented and England don't have a player like him, but rationally there's no justification.

Rubbish King

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Ryan Bertrand and Danny Rose are considered better left backs than Aaron Cresswell.

Breathtakingly predictable squad. One boring summer coming up.

Um have you not seen Rose play this season?

It's always gutting about Wilshere, I totally understand why he's there. He's unbelievably talented and England don't have a player like him, but rationally there's no justification.
At least he'll spit at our oppositions pensioners

MrKaepora

Just came in here to say...

CAMPEÕES!!!

13087902_10156895455640716_7502692459488588855_n.jpg

13165867_10153905145893283_21777600594063573_n.jpg

Um have you not seen Bertrand play this season?

Not much, in all honesty. I think I'm basing my opinion on seeing him play a little shabbily for a number of different sides on loan. Perhaps he's improved since finally becoming settled, Chelsea dicked him about an awful lot in fairness.

Um have you not seen Rose play this season?

At least he'll spit at our oppositions pensioners

Rose, for me, is one big accident waiting to happen. I do not trust him in the slightest. The left back equivalent of Kyle Walker.

Beefy

Not much, in all honesty. I think I'm basing my opinion on seeing him play a little shabbily for a number of different sides on loan. Perhaps he's improved since finally becoming settled, Chelsea dicked him about an awful lot in fairness.
I thought the same as you before we signed him. But he has been great for us since he joined. He is close to signing a new contract as well. So hopefully can carry on with his good form.

Rubbish King

Rose, for me, is one big accident waiting to happen. I do not trust him in the slightest. The left back equivalent of Kyle Walker.

There's not a whole bunch of reasoning there I can really dispute, your gut is your gut.
I saw the best England in years with a Tottenham spine beat the world champions in that friendly and Rose played a good part in that.

As for Walker, against Holland we were all shown that he too has massively upped his game under Poch.

GHG

Wilshere being in the squad lolol.

The gods have saved us from some of Arsenal's other bang average players with injuries: Ox, Welbeck and Roy didnt pick Theo but Wilshere still gets in.

How about picking some genuinely fit and in-form players Roy? Wilshere's best talent is sticking coke up his nose, leave him to it for the summer.

Rashford is a surprise... hes young and should be with the Under 21s in my opinion with Defoe and Andy Carroll coming in

Good to see gooner full kit wankers out as expected.

As for Euro squad.... Not sure... Townsend could do some damage, but only if Hodgson puts him where he wants to be. Shame about Defoe, I see rashford getting dropped.

Wilshere as always can fuck right off. Hopefully spurs players can put right some wrongs and take us to victory

Will be funny to watch you guys cheering Jack on when he starts every game and is England's best player.

You might be thinking of Piotr Zielinski.

Edit: In other Liverpool news, Lovren did not get the call for Croatia.

Yeah i imagine he meant him, he's supposedly very close to being done as well according to Polish media, he had a Liverpool shirt on during a t.v show there and they said it should be finalised this week. I think he'll play alongside Can rather than rotate with him though, he looks a lot more attack minded and creative. He looks a really good dribbler as well and can beat a man, something our midfield desperately needs.

Will be funny to watch you guys cheering Jack on when he starts every game and is England's best player.

Given how shit our performances have been in recent tournaments I think the idea of "England's best player" is an exceptionally low bar really.

GHG

Given how shit our performances have been in recent tournaments I think the idea of "England's best player" is an exceptionally low bar really.

That's not the point though is it? People can berate the decision to take a gamble and take him all they want but the reality is he has the ability to carry England through to the latter stages of the tournament.

People should be questioning how the likes of Delph and Rashford are in the squad over players like Noble and Defoe/Carrol but nope, it's far more topical to jump on the anti-Wilshere frenzy train.

That's not the point though is it? People can berate the decision to take a gamble and take him all they want but the reality is he has the ability to carry England through to the latter stages of the tournament.

People should be questioning how the likes of Delph and Rashford are in the squad over players like Noble and Defoe/Carrol but nope, it's far more topical to jump on the anti-Wilshere frenzy train.

I did question why Rashford was there instead of Defoe/Carroll...

sora87

What the fuck is Delph, Wilshere and Rashford doing in the squad? Defoe missing out over Rashford and Noble missing out over Delph just shows how insane that owl faced twat is.

I don't get this sudden clamour for a Defoe call up. Rashford will be cut from the squad, but at least he'll have that England call up experience and won't be so nervous when he does make the next step proper.

Defoe has had his chance. He's had an OK season. People saying Rooney is past it but he can offer a lot more than Defoe.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member

I think that is the justification. There arent many players around that have all the tools that he has, and im not just talking about England.

RiggyRob

I don't get this sudden clamour for a Defoe call up. Rashford will be cut from the squad, but at least he'll have that England call up experience and won't be so nervous when he does make the next step proper.

Defoe has had his chance. He's had an OK season. People saying Rooney is past it but he can offer a lot more than Defoe.

Rooney IS past it - I think Defoe has scored the same amount of goals plus he can actually run which means he'd play better with Kane/Vardy.

Rashford I understand, he is young and is likely to work his bollocks off, but really he is there for experience. (Crazy to think that Chelsea hasn't blooded Abraham yet, the kid looks really damn good – oh wait they did against Liverpool) But why is Rooney in the team he has been bellow par for ages and moves like somebody in there 40's, he did pretty much fuck all at the WC and with Kane and Vardy it seems pointless to have him about, may as well do what they did with Beckham once he past it and make him the team mascot.

Syder

Woah.. I love Aaron Creswell, he legitimately could start for England, but what's with the Rose hate? He wasn't in the PFA TOTY for nothing.

I'd actually play Walker over Clyne because Rose, Alli, Dier and Kane will already probably be on the pitch. Maybe we should actually go for a team based on squad harmony (See: England '66) than just playing the 'superstars'.

Yes Rashford should be in the U21's while Wilshere is just a coke snorting c*nt right?

Englands best hope is for Rooney to get injured in these warm up games.

Lol, Wilshere will be England's best player despite starting one match in 6 months...?

But but but Rooney - our highest ever scorer should get injured in the warm-up and thats England's best hope.

Also I havent Jacky boy a cunt
yet
, perhaps I should've changed coke snorter to cigarette smoker? Pretty sure that helped end Joe Cole's career at the top, gotta have the mentality for it and in the Euro's I want players with talent and form, Wilshere certainly doesn't have the latter

Hes a keeper mate.

I thought Karius was a goalkeeper?

I'm sorry m8 but lol

Yeah, he's a keeper.

You might be thinking of Piotr Zielinski.

Edit: In other Liverpool news, Lovren did not get the call for Croatia.

Yeah I'm a bloody lemon. Can be forgiven though, a man can get confused with such an unknown concept put before them. A keeper who won't just punch the ball at every corner.
Klopp_Of_Coffee.png
What a time.

Yeah i imagine he meant him, he's supposedly very close to being done as well according to Polish media, he had a Liverpool shirt on during a t.v show there and they said it should be finalised this week. I think he'll play alongside Can rather than rotate with him though, he looks a lot more attack minded and creative. He looks a really good dribbler as well and can beat a man, something our midfield desperately needs.

Alright, sounds pretty good. Think our midfield is gonna be the biggest change for next season. Just hope Hendo can fit in to whatever Klopp's planning.

Chelsea fined 375k and Spurs fined 225k for behavior during their match.

Lol. How the fuck does Chelsea have to pay more than Spurs? FA is crazy.

Rubbish King

Chelsea fined 375k and Spurs fined 225k for behavior during their match.

Lol. How the fuck does Chelsea have to pay more than Spurs? FA is crazy.

Eww, that's bullshit. Spurs were a disgrace in that game.

One club has a lot more money than the other....

Woah.. I love Aaron Creswell, he legitimately could start for England, but what's with the Rose hate? He wasn't in the PFA TOTY for nothing.

I'd actually play Walker over Clyne because Rose, Alli, Dier and Kane will already probably be on the pitch. Maybe we should actually go for a team based on squad harmony (See: England '66) than just playing the 'superstars'.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

TeddyBoy

Karius to Liverpool is pretty much done, says Kicker. Good signing.

Pizarro stays another year at Bremen. Great for the Bundesliga.

Would you or any other BundesGAF guy give us a quick run down on the Karius?

Is he better than Mignolet and/or Bogdan? (I'm setting the bar very low with Bogdan here).

Syder

The FA should come out and give reasoning for the fines. Maybe upon further investigation they deemed Chelsea to have contributed more to the fracas but we'll probably never know because fuck the FA.

Karius is the third highest rated keeper in the Bundesliga this season:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ga/2015-16/topspieler-der-saison-torwart.html
When looking at games against bigger teams than Mainz he also did quite well:
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...v-mainz-05-30/51437/spieler_loris-karius.html
The ratings correspond to German school grades:
  • 1 (sehr gut, very good) is the best possible grade and is given for outstanding performance
  • 2 (gut, good) is the next-highest and is given for performance that meets the standard completely and is above-average
  • 3 (befriedigend, satisfactory) indicates "average" performance.
  • 4 (ausreichend, sufficient) is the lowest passing grade and is given if the standard has been met but with a number of notable errors.
  • 5 (mangelhaft, deficient) is the higher of two failing grades and is given if the standard has not been met but the basics have been understood.
  • 6 (ungenügend, insufficient) is the lowest possible grade and is given if the standard has not been met and the basics have not been understood.

I remember him doing very well against us so you'll probably see some of those saves in his highlight reels. He's also known as a good penalty keeper.

Also that channel I spoke of earlier has a full game compilation of him v. Leverkusen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioUbQEG0nBM

He's quite good for a young keeper.

Meier

Still think Noble and Antonio should have got a chance.
Had no clue Antonio was English -- always figured he was from the continent with a spelling like Michail. Think it's a sham that Carroll wasn't selected.

Kind of a shame about Karius -- I guess we'll enjoy the little bit of a solidarity payment but hate to see a kid who was at our academy go to a competitor.

Rubbish King

Pffhahaha. As if Spurs couldn't pay the fine. Should have been equal at the very least.

EDIT: though tbf, it might might be due to repeat offences on our part.

It's not about whether they can afford it or not, one team is paid 215,000,000 whilst the other 110,000,000. I don't see why you couldn't you factor that in?

I didn't think off the repeat offenses, that'll be good ammo for down the pub if anybody wants to pick an argument with me again.....

How the hell did those bottling spurs thugs get away with that, hahaha! FA are spineless.

I'm so bored of your constant spurs hate posts, why you so salty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom