• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dno_1966

As a long suffering Villa fan I awake with some optimism for the first time in several years. No-one seems to know much about Dr Xia (hopefully he's very, very rich) and he has has a very big job ahead of him but I wish him well.

Roberto Di Matteo seems like the next boss and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on his managerial skills? Please don;t ruin my moment by telling me his terrible ;-)

As a long suffering Villa fan I awake with some optimism for the first time in several years. No-one seems to know much about Dr Xia (hopefully he's very, very rich) and he has has a very big job ahead of him but I wish him well.

Roberto Di Matteo seems like the next boss and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on his managerial skills? Please don;t ruin my moment by telling me his terrible ;-)
He won the Champions League so there's that

Cappa

Banned
Sevilla managed to discover how utterly shit moreno is
I think they already knew that when they sold him.

Also, i hope people don't discredit sevilla performance and what they've achieved these past 3 years absolutely amazing.

They had a very disappointing La liga campaign but they will be back next season. Im very surprised that konoplyanka had such a poor season.

Elchele

I think they already knew that when they sold him.

Also, i hope people don't discredit sevilla performance and what they've achieved these past 3 years absolutely amazing.

They had a very disappointing La liga campaign but they will be back next season. Im very surprised that konoplyanka had such a poor season.

a joke in Spain, a star in England.
just as Roberto Martínez

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I need to put money on games again, my senses seem to be on fire when I don't bet

It's such a shame man city and liverpool have both choked on the big stage this season in the big european games, embarrassing for english football

It's just not though lol

Amusing to see the stark difference in tone between the papers reporting on Liverpool fans fighting in the ground last night and West Ham fans throwing stuff at the United coach last week. No talk of banning thugs and hooligans, no condemnation of hundreds of supporters who turned up without tickets, no general media outrage to last for a few days.

bjaelke

Amusing to see the stark difference in tone between the papers reporting on Liverpool fans fighting in the ground last night and West Ham fans throwing stuff at the United coach last week. No talk of banning thugs and hooligans, no condemnation of hundreds of supporters who turned up without tickets, no general media outrage to last for a few days.

Screen-Shot-2016-05-12-at-12.27.48-1.jpg

SSN aren't even talking about it mate, but you couldn't shut them up about "coachgate" for a good few days. What really got my goat, however, was the holier-than-thou reaction of fans from other clubs, trying to pretend like every club doesn't have it's fair share of idiot supporters.

He's pretty decent, I'm basing this largely on his reign at Chelsea. He seems to be a good man manager, gets on well with his players. And also he likes a more expansive style of football where possible, during his second season at Chelsea we were playing a pretty attacking style. I remember him a WBA, he got them promoted immediately iirc, which is promising for Villa fans, and he also did well in the premier league, kept them in it but ended up getting somewhat harshly sacked after a run of games without a win or something like that. Basically though, at a team like Villa I think he can do really well.

la_briola

kicker.de said:
Marco Russ seriously ill

This is a shock for Marco Russ and Eintracht Frankfurt. On Wednesday, the defender of Hessen was informed that he has a severe tumor disease. Despite the tragic diagnosis the player for the upcoming Thursday relegation match against Nuremberg declared ready to play, which was confirmed by medical side.

What a guy. <3
Hope he gets well.

I've always held a soft spot for Villa as a Stoke fan up the road. I just hope the whole Chinese contingency doesn't end up like your neighbours, the Blue noses.
And Dr. Xia sounds like a Bond Villain.

I'm bored waiting on emails, there is no interesting footy news yet so it's time for some hypothetical bull shit.

You are made CEO for a month of your club and basically can tell anyone to fuck right off, what changes do you make?

For me as a Manchester City fan, I tell Etihad to do one. Bump Nissan up to main sponsor, let the fans rename the stadium, get rid of the "sky blue" as I hate it always have done as it isn't "sky blue" it is baby/powder blue and change it to the actual wave length colour of the atmosphere which the hex colour is #00B2FF. Invest in stadium acoustics and a better PA system. Create a scheme where people that have season tickets if they can't make a game put the seats up for sale and get a bit of cash back.

Rubbish King

Are we talking big ass changes? Because there's really not a lot that I'd want to change apart from season ticket prices and to put mine at the front of the waiting list

RiggyRob

I'm bored waiting on emails, there is no interesting footy news yet so it's time for some hypothetical bull shit.

You are made CEO for a month of your club and basically can tell anyone to fuck right off, what changes do you make?

For me as a Manchester City fan, I tell Etihad to do one. Bump Nissan up to main sponsor, let the fans rename the stadium, get rid of the "sky blue" as I hate it always have done as it isn't "sky blue" it is baby/powder blue and change it to the actual wave length colour of the atmosphere which the hex colour is #00B2FF. Invest in stadium acoustics and a better PA system. Create a scheme where people that have season tickets if they can't make a game put the seats up for sale and get a bit of cash back.

Stadium McStadiumface does have a nice ring to it. Also that sky blue colour looks awful, I'm not surprised they haven't used it.

For United it's just boot LVG, lower season ticket prices and set up a model like Bayern's, because really there's no good reason why any of these haven't happened yet.

Dark Rider

my very short assessment of the europa league final

from liverpool point of view:
-before the match they were motivated for it and determined to win it and elevated by the fans turn out. i think klopp did drill a plan into them.
-during the first half they gave it all they have and did their best and were up by one goal.
-during the half time they were determined to keep it up in the second half and get a safety goal.
-once the second half kicked they were outclassed and completely demolition by sevilla.

from sevilla point of view:
-before the match they were on point about what they full game plan was and determined to win. Emry prepared the team brilliantly.
-during the first half they were just sizing up liverpool seeing what the best they can do and baiting them into burning all their gas.
-during the half time they determined that the best liverpool can muster is "meh" to what they are used to face in la liga
-one the second half started they went all in to finish the job

congrats to sevilla they made history winning it 3 times in a row

my condolences to liverpool but they are far from being good enough (that goes for all the teams that didn't make it to the final too). on the bright side you have klopp and if your board will go along with him and grant him what he needs then you will improve.

Stadium McStadiumface does have a nice ring to it. Also that sky blue colour looks awful, I'm not surprised they haven't used it.

For United it's just boot LVG, lower season ticket prices and set up a model like Bayern's, because really there's no good reason why any of these haven't happened yet.

I'd take Stadium McStadiumface over a corporate sponsor any day of the week. You not a fan of the Inter 3rd kit from a few seasons back? I thought it was the perfect blue, the barca 3rd kit colour from this season would be more accurate as well. Then again if it has anything to do with the sky in manny then it should be grey that is what I'm look at now.

Rubbish King

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384

English football could be heading for its biggest shake-up since the creation of the Premier League in 1992.

The Football League wants to create an extra division with 20 teams in each from 2019-20.

It would mean England had 100 teams in five divisions, up from 92. Currently, there are 24 teams in the Championship, League One and League Two.

The Football League says the move would tackle fixture congestion and boost the finances of its members.

The Premier League and the FA have backed the proposal "in principle".

The current 72 Football League clubs will decide whether they support the move at their annual general meeting in June 2017.

"There are clear benefits for everyone," Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey told BBC Sport.

"It is about taking a step back to try to work out what is best for English football.

"We hope that the Football League taking this first step is the catalyst for future change."

Empty

hope celtic and rangers join the english league and are stuck in league 1 and championship midtable purgatory forever and never end up playing eachother

Rubbish King

I don't see how anyone can see it differently, both choked and fucked it up
Getting to the final is embarrassing? Being knocked out of the CL by arguably one of the best team in the world?
george.png

For the teams that is a shame, europa league however I couldn't give a flaming piss about. We played in it with a weaker squad throughout and got to the final 16 and when Dortmund came knocking Poch prioritized the Premier league and rested key players. English teams care more about a PL title than the "second best" trophy in Europe.

Villarreal - 4th in la liga
Liverpool - 8th in PL

I'm obviously assuming you're not English and therefore hold some sort of grudge like many irrational fans do, and if you are, get over it mate

Frankfurt could have sold 150k tickets, that's like 6 stadiums in France/Italy. :lol
Fuck man, I'm thinking of doing my placement year in Germany and Bundesliga is such a big factor in that decision lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom