• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst second half performances I've ever seen, and what a time to put it in. Done with Moreno, and Milner at CM against decent teams.

Congrats Sevilla.

Sorry Milch, there's not a chance this is accurate. Rennes had him under contract through 2019 -- it doesn't matter if he only wanted to move to Dortmund. They would have just not sold him for that price when his value was significantly higher. Why would the French media make it up? It's such a randomly specific number, it wouldn't just come out of nowhere. Bayern just paid a maximum of €80m for Sanches. Transfers of teenage phenoms have changed. Dortmund are not poor. They can't act like it when other rich clubs are interested in a player.

Milch is correct. Also:
1) What you claimed to be all over French media is basically some French media citing that 20minutes report you posted.
2) BVB is a publicly traded so future expenses in this ballpark would probably have to be reported. Anyhow, we will be able to see a traces of such a transfer in the financial statement (e.g. hike in accrued expenses).

/also gutted for Liverpool & Kloppo.

Floody

Seems like it. Klopp's face told a story. Seen the last 5 minutes and extra time there.

Bad as well because no European football at all :/

At least we can 100% focus on the league next season now, but yeah, really bad performance from the players in the second half, did fuck all and showed just how completely awful are defense is. It's going to be an expensive summer.

Audioboxer

At least we can 100% focus on the league next season now, but yeah, really bad performance from the players in the second half, did fuck all and showed just how completely awful are defense is. It's going to be an expensive summer.

Yeah Milner is being honest on camera just now.

Sorry Milch, there's not a chance this is accurate. Rennes had him under contract through 2019 -- it doesn't matter if he only wanted to move to Dortmund. They would have just not sold him for that price when his value was significantly higher. Why would the French media make it up? It's such a randomly specific number, it wouldn't just come out of nowhere. Bayern just paid a maximum of €80m for Sanches. Transfers of teenage phenoms have changed. Dortmund are not poor. They can't act like it when other rich clubs are interested in a player.
We all know sports journalism. One makes it up, the others copy that number. L'Equipe only says 15m + bonuses, no specific number. I don't trust those crazy bonus figures. And I don't trust the sportbild numbers either. But I trust L'Equipe and Ruhrnachrichten who both say 15m + potential bonuses.

And like I said, we are not Bayern. We are not that rich. Our record signing was Micky who was a direct Götze replacement, we don't splash out 30m+ for Dembele. And like I said, due to stock market regulations, we would know if it was the case.

Also, you should consider the connections sportbild mentions. Rennes' boss has a large amount of Puma shares, which has a large amount of BVB shares. Look at Reus, Puma was willing to pay part of his salary. Not too crazy to think it was in Puma's interest to have Dembele playing in a BVB shirt instead of an Adidas one.

Audioboxer

Damn Moreno on that replay, that was poor.

Btw I'm a Man Utd fan, but I love Klopp. No unnecessary hostility from me to Liverpool either.

Syder

Hard to see Liverpool not challenging for the Top 4 next season with Klopp in charge and no European football to worry about. They desperately need a clear out of deadwood though.

Hurts. Fuck Moreno. Amazing how inconsistent Firmino and Coutinho have been despite the latter winning player of the season. Doubt we'll even get top 4 next season with Mourinho and Pep in it, along with Spurs and Leicesters rise.

Audioboxer

Hard to see Liverpool not challenging for the Top 4 next season with Klopp in charge and no European football to worry about. They desperately need a clear out of deadwood though.

While I can agree the season next year is going to be brutally hard.

Kill3r7

Chelsea are in the same position. You figure City and Arsenal will surely end up being in the Top 4. So that leaves Chelsea, Spurs, United, Liverpool, Southampton and West Ham battling it out for the other 2 spots. Not an easy task.

I am assuming that Leicester City will have a tough time managing all the games/competitions next year. Although they rightfully have as much of a shot as anyone else.

Floody

Feel sorry for the people who paid a small fortune to see that garbage display.
Hats off to Sevilla though, they destroyed us in the second half, can't complain about the final score, we didn't deserve to win.
Ref was a prick in the first half though!

Meier

Also, you should consider the connections sportbild mentions. Rennes' boss has a large amount of Puma shares, which has a large amount of BVB shares. Look at Reus, Puma was willing to pay part of his salary. Not too crazy to think it was in Puma's interest to have Dembele playing in a BVB shirt instead of an Adidas one.

This stuff definitely could play a role, you're right. I guess this might be one of these things we never know the full truth.

The Carragher tweet was pretty funny:
LMVQtpj.png

Liverpool are probably better off not having to deal with Europe.

severin

Moreno getting a lot of blame (and rightly so, especially at first goal), but feel the whole team couldn't cope within the first 15-20 minutes of the second half, and Klopp did nothing to try and stem the tide. After our pressing died down, Sevilla bossed the midfield and our defence was continually exposed. Would of liked Joe Allen a little bit earlier at 1-1.

Congrats to Sevilla, they know how to win this thing. Surprised Emery has never been mentioned amongst the top managers in the world; tactically he is outstanding.

GHG

This stuff definitely could play a role, you're right. I guess this might be one of these things we never know the full truth.

The Carragher tweet was pretty funny:
LMVQtpj.png

Liverpool are probably better off not having to deal with Europe.

Lol brutal. Kieran Gibbs could be available soon.

Uuuuuuuugh, that hurt. Losing games hurts, losing finals hurts even worse, and the utter impotence of the team in the second half was heartbreaking.

But, I wasn't expecting any finals this season. I wasn't expecting a fucking ridiculous comeback against Dortmund. I wasn't expecting Firminho to come out with severe tekkers. Not from Klopp's first (not even full) season.

We can build something from this. Hopefully a couple transfers will be announced to cheer us up, dead weight (Moreno) can be shipped out, we can just train harder. Because we are not good enough for Europe right now, and it's been too long since we've been away from it. Let us build again. Let us believe again.

We will never escape out lack of consistency :'(

EmiPrime

I wasn't able to watch it but I wanted Liverpool to win.

Anyone up for doing marks out of ten for this match and who you think will survive Klopp's cull? I haven't watched much Liverpool this season, educate me!

Audioboxer

Anyone up for doing marks out of ten for this match and who you think will survive Klopp's cull? I haven't watched much Liverpool this season, educate me!

Moreno seems a given to stay. Klopp might even make him captain next season.

King_Moc

Banned
For all the talk of Villareal acting like they'd won the semi final at the end of the first leg of the semi, it looks like that's what Liverpool did at half time tonight. Came out with completely the wrong mentality.

And Moreno just has to go. He can't possibly continue to claim that he is a defender in any way shape or form.

Floody

1st half
Liverpool a solid 7, Sevilla 4.
No one was terrible, but only really Sturridge did anything really good, could have easily been 2 or 3 nil up.

2nd half
Liverpool -10, Sevilla 10
Liverpool did fuck all, and Sevilla were just playing for fun toward the end.

As for who'll be safe
Lovren, Clyne, Can, Lallana,Firmino,Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi and Millner will probably be fine, maybe some will lose their 1st team spot if we buy well. The rest I don't know, most will probably stay because I doubt we'll have many buyers lining up, but will probably be bench warmers if they are lucky.

Elchele

€15M for a player coming from a small french team sounds ok. Probably bonus clauses to jump into the €25M territory. You are used to bigger figures because everyone knows EPL teams have a lot of money so nobody is going to sell for cheap.

EmiPrime

As for who'll be safe
Lovren, Clyne, Can, Lallana,Firmino,Coutinho, Sturridge, Origi and Millner will probably be fine, maybe some will lose their 1st team spot if we buy well. The rest I don't know, most will probably stay because I doubt we'll have many buyers lining up, but will probably be bench warmers if they are lucky.

You think Henderson will be gone? And yeah, some of them will be on really good wages and will be hard to shift, especially Benteke.

Floody

You think Henderson will be gone? And yeah, some of them will be on really good wages and will be hard to shift, especially Benteke.

I'm not really sure about him, just have a feeling we'll get a decent offer for him and take it. Though he has been injured quite a bit this season, so maybe Klopp will give him another shot. I honestly wouldn't care either way, he's shown potential, but has been pretty poor since the 2013/14 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom