• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

As a neutral, the most interesting thing in the first half was the number of different ways Frankfurt's stadium announcer could tell the Nuremberg fans how horrible flares are.

But of course it's a tense game.

Wolff-Christoph Fuss asked the question if Silvester in Nürnberg was canceled last year.

For the teams that is a shame, europa league however I couldn't give a flaming piss about. We played in it with a weaker squad throughout and got to the final 16 and when Dortmund came knocking Poch prioritized the Premier league and rested key players. English teams care more about a PL title than the "second best" trophy in Europe.

Villarreal - 4th in la liga
Liverpool - 8th in PL

Out of curiosity, why did you put Villarreal in your post?

I feel bad for Moreno. He was originally a left winger and was converted to a left back. Why Sevilla switched him to a left back is very surprising. I actually hope Jurgen keeps him and revert him back into a left winger because he is quite dangerous going forward.

Yeah okay pal, you have fun with those opinions

Ironic a Tottenham fan would post a picture of a baby crying to mock someone.

brentech

I feel bad for Moreno. He was originally a left winger and was converted to a left back. Why Sevilla switched him to a left back is very surprising. I actually hope Jurgen keeps him and revert him back into a left winger because he is quite dangerous goi8ng forward.
While I'm pretty new to following Liverpool on a regular basis (I don't go out of my way to watch other teams like I do American football), I was thinking the same thing - except I didn't know his history as a player.
He seems pretty effective working the ball up the pitch and creates a lot of opportunities for others with the cross.
Should be limited with his shot taking though. Seen him sky way too many balls shooting just outside the box. Like, sure, take it if it's the best option, but otherwise he can't seem to put it on target.

Aters

I thought this is about American football the first time, been wondering why there isn't a football OT on GAF.

As a miserable Arsenal fan, I'm eager to see who they will sign this summer.
Probably some kids from second level leagues.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Out of curiosity, why did you put Villarreal in your post?

facepalm.gif~c200

That's a very good point and it would be because I'm a dumbass and in my posting fury grabbed the team that the scousers beat in the semi instead by accident.

Volland to Leverkusen is done.

Well, I wanted him three years ago, would have been a great Klopp player...

Also, Leverkusen is a poor man's Bayern. Buying Baumgartlinger and Volland to weaken the competitors lol

Getting to the final is embarrassing? Being knocked out of the CL by arguably one of the best team in the world?
george.png

For the teams that is a shame, europa league however I couldn't give a flaming piss about. We played in it with a weaker squad throughout and got to the final 16 and when Dortmund came knocking Poch prioritized the Premier league and rested key players. English teams care more about a PL title than the "second best" trophy in Europe.

Villarreal - 4th in la liga
Liverpool - 8th in PL

I'm obviously assuming you're not English and therefore hold some sort of grudge like many irrational fans do, and if you are, get over it mate

Well, Liverpool gave up on the league some months ago (the heavy rotations during the last months of the competition prove it) because Klopp was expecting to get an european spot via the EL final, that's why they ended 8th. On the other hand Villarreal has been fighting for a CL spot during the whole season using key players in La Liga (a tougher competition) and the EL without rotations.

I think a fairer comparison would be between Liverpool and Sevilla. Sevilla gave up on the league even more than Liverpool, but at the end they were the better team in the final and the plan paid off for them.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well, Liverpool gave up on the league some months ago (the heavy rotations during the last months of the competition prove it) because Klopp was expecting to get an european spot via the EL final, that's why they ended 8th. On the other hand Villarreal has been fighting for a CL spot during the whole season using key players in La Liga (a tougher competition) and the EL without rotations.

I think a fairer comparison would be between Liverpool and Sevilla. Sevilla gave up on the league even more than Liverpool, but at the end they were the better team in the final and the plan paid off for them.
Yeah I fucked that up, either way it's hardly an embarrassment to our league

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Celtic is a step down for Rodgers, let's be honest.

Excited to see how he does though, he's a likeable bloke.

Carl2291

Celtic is a step down for Rodgers, let's be honest.

Excited to see how he does though, he's a likeable bloke.

Step up from the joke of a club that is Liverpool. At least with Celtic he's gonna be in Europe and have a realistic chance of winning trophies. Liverpool have spent over £600 Million on transfers in the last decade and won just one League Cup in that time. Everything wrong with football.

And yes, I understand that Rodgers was a major part of that Liverpool problem.

Step up from the joke of a club that is Liverpool. At least with Celtic he's gonna be in Europe and have a realistic chance of winning trophies. Liverpool have spent over £600 Million on transfers in the last decade and won just one League Cup in that time. Everything wrong with football.

And yes, I understand that Rodgers was a major part of that Liverpool problem.

The Premiership's a competitive league. The SPL isn't. It's not like they have much competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom