• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better to spend a few years at a club where it is harder to lose trophies than win them before moving back to a 'big' league, than immediately going to a top European league and making a hash of it coughMoyescough.

We're already playing Leicester in the pre-season...would be nice to squeeze in Liverpool as well.

MrKaepora

I think we finally lost Gaitan. Just scored a goal in the league cup final and was sub in tears.

Edit:

13245451_1306417139371770_4978170507255741920_n.jpg

bjaelke

https://streamable.com/zfny

proper bullet

---

Lyon's President on a possible sale of Lacazette:
“In order to make a sale, all three parties need to be in agreement. We have refused several offers, with the largest being that of West Ham for €40m… That is also a response. I want to keep him but there is no certainty because he will decide in the end. I do not want a 28th August situation, as we have qualified for the Champions League, we find ourselves in the same situation as Monaco with Martial. A priori, he stays. If there is an offer that we cannot refuse, he will come see me and then that is it.”

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Because Arteta, Rosicky and Flamini have just left. Because Wilshere is always broken. Because Ramsey isn't good enough. Because Cazorla is 31.

Take your pick.

fair

very fair

hate our fans on twitter, already arguing with chelsea fans over stats with Xhaka vs Cesc

grow the fuck up man

Man I really thought depay would be the next big thing... PSV fan here and that guy is good. Hope someone else then Van Gaal can give him his 100precent. Maybe Man Utd in this state isn't the team for him either.. But which player is in good hands with Man Utd at this time..

EmiPrime

Same. I wish him the best, our fans are pathetic wishing death on him and whatever else

They're not real fans.

Yeah I am playing the no true Scotsman card but seriously, if being a twat on Twitter insulting players and watching football streams is the extent of someone's "support" are they really a fan?

Man I really thought depay would be the next big thing... PSV fan here and that guy is good. Hope someone else then Van Gaal can give him his 100precent. Maybe Man Utd in this state isn't the team for him either.. But which player is in good hands with Man Utd at this time..

My first real look at him was when he played for United and I could see right away he was one of those over hyped players. A couple of fancy flicks here and there, scoring a few free kicks. All of a sudden he's bigger than The Beatles.

He reminds me of Nani. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he seems to have a terrible attitude.

Barcelona agree kit deal extension with Nike | Reuters

Barcelona have agreed an extension to their kit-manufacturing deal with Nike which Spanish media reported was the most lucrative arrangement of its kind in the world. The Spanish champions issued a statement saying details of the contract will be specified at their next general assembly. Barcelona-based daily newspapers Diario Sport and Mundo Deportivo reported that the deal could be worth 155 million euros ($174 million) a season and would run until 2026.

Lol, we get ~6.25m per season from Puma (50m from 2012 to 2020).

My first real look at him was when he played for United and I could see right away he was one of those over hyped players. A couple of fancy flicks here and there, scoring a few free kicks. All of a sudden he's bigger than The Beatles.

He reminds me of Nani. Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he seems to have a terrible attitude.
Perhaps. In our competition he was the real thing.. Maybe he just needs a good playing team, unlike what Man Utd is now. Hope he does get another shot though

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
They're not real fans.

Yeah I am playing the no true Scotsman card but seriously, if being a twat on Twitter insulting players and watching football streams is the extent of someone's "support" are they really a fan?

I agree with you mate

Mazzarazi is the new Watford coach

Be gone next season when he loses in the Champions League final

Unconfirmed Member

But at least with Nani, even though he was far from an exceptional player, he was extremely talented in some aspects, he still remains one of the greatest dribblers I have ever seen at United.

Depay is mediocre in every way. Not particularly fast, can't beat a defender one-to-one, poor decision making and even his free kicks are average.

Supposedly Memphis was worried about not being physical enough for the English game so he gained 8 - 10 pounds of muscle before the season but lost his explosiveness. Then he got frustrated and kind of gave up. Not sure he'll get another chance in Manchester but will probably be huge in the Bundesliga in two or three years.

Jarnet87

Only time Depay looked good was against Brugge and Midtjylland, Prem looked way above his level. van Gaal broke him early, brought to be a winger and then van Gaal plays him as as a 10 behind fat useless Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom