• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the problem is the huge salary, coupled with Erfolgsfans expectations and the misconception made up by Bild trying to make Götze a failed player. He played and performed better than in Dortmund at Bayern. Anyway, people repeat and believe whatever they want, so I'm glad he made the right choice.
I got to give it to you. If I tried to make a fake account of like the most obnoxious Bayern fan, I wouldn't be able to compete with you.

Jack cw

I got to give it to you. If I tried to make a fake account of like the most obnoxious Bayern fan, I wouldn't be able to compete with you.
You don't need to make a fake account to use opta and look at the stats. All you need is a basic understanding of causality. You also dont need to be Bayern supporter to use it. Now go and look how Toprak performed.

la_briola

Goatze was an assist machine at Dortmund tho, he just has more goals for Bayern. I remember him better, or at least more important, at the former.

Jack cw

are BVB signing Toprak? Awful if true. Great for Leverkusen I guess

Yeah. They now brought up Dragovic as media alternative to lower the price of Toprak. Leverkusen wants more money than he is worth.
Goatze was an assist machine at Dortmund tho, he just has more goals for Bayern. I remember him better, or at least more important, at the former.

He was basically the only assist maker. At Bayern you have 6 another that constantly assist too. Look at how much Costa and Coman alone did this season. He has to get his game up, but he is far from that failure some make him.

la_briola

Reus, Goetze, Kagawa and Lewa, good times; so much fun to watch.

Was Kagawa gone before Lewa was good/at the club? Can't remember.

You don't need to make a fake account to use opta and look at the stats. All you need is a basic understanding of causality. You also dont need to be Bayern supporter to use it. Now go and look how Toprak performed.

Statistics are a double-sided sword.

Sure, Götze may have scored more goals or something (or did he? I can't bother to look it up). But you know, playing well in a CL quarter/semi final and not scoring is still better to me than scoring twice against Hanover in a meaningless match. And see, I can't back that up with opta statistics.

Reus, Goetze, Kagawa and Lewa, good times; so much fun to watch.

Was Kagawa gone before Lewa was good/at the club? Can't remember.

Kagawa was still there when Lewa started getting good. But left shortly after, there were even rumors that he prefers Barrios :lol

However, Reus was not here yet back then.

Jack cw

Statistics are a double-sided sword.

Sure, Götze may have scored more goals or something (or did he? I can't bother to look it up). But you know, playing well in a CL quarter/semi final and not scoring is still better to me than scoring twice against Hanover in a meaningless match. And see, I can't back that up with opta statistics.

That is what I generally criticise with Bayern. Not Götze alone. We couldn't score in 3 CL away semis and lost because of this. This has more to do with tactics and general matchplan and especially the oppositions class than the players ability alone. Götze did alright, with much more room to improve of course. But my point is that he is not a failure or player with a failed career, because he couldn't match some expectations. He earns top money, is part of the Bayern squad, starter at the national team. I mean if that is a failed career, then Bild is truly a serious paper.

la_briola

TV income for 2016/17

1. Bayern München: 41,122 million Euro
2. Borussia Dortmund: 40,059 million Euro
[...]
12. Eintracht Frankfurt: 28,998 million Euro
[...]
18. Leipzig aka Red Bull: 20,561 million Euro

TV income for 2015/16

1. Bayern München: 40.379.600 million Euro
2. Borussia Dortmund: 39.335.200 million Euro
[...]
12. Eintracht Frankfurt: 28.474.580 million Euro
[...]
18. Darmstadt: 20.189.800 million Euro

EPL pls.

[...]
Kagawa was still there when Lewa started getting good. But left shortly after, there were even rumors that he prefers Barrios :lol

However, Reus was not here yet back then.

:lol

Damn, forgot about Reus.

That is what I generally criticise with Bayern. Not Götze alone. We couldn't score in 3 CL away semis and lost because of this. This has more to do with tactics and general matchplan and especially the oppositions class than the players ability alone. Götze did alright, with much more room to improve of course. But my point is that he is not a failure or player with a failed career, because he couldn't match some expectations. He earns top money, is part of the Bayern squad, starter at the national team. I mean if that is a failed career, then Bild is truly a serious paper.

Well, yeah, he earns crazy money, plays for a top team and the national team. But that was true for Balotelli a few years ago as well for example. Sure, Götze can still turn it around, but right now, he failed at Bayern for sure.

TV income for 2016/17

EPL pls.

Kicker says that's just the income for German TV rights. International TV rights should be added. Bayern gets another 30m from that for example.

Really hope Hart doesn't go. There are only a handful of keepers in the world that are better than him, he is super competitive and is English which means he adds up the numbers and will always try and push for playing time, if he can't be the last defender or catch rather than punch then fine move him to where he will progress but he deserves the chance to show what he can do for a season even if he goes down the pecking order, he has been with the club pre-money and managed to adapt to the different systems throughout the years and become better.

Would be funny if Brian Kidd goes back to United though.

Weinzierl to Schalke is (pretty much) done.

Damn, I liked him.

To be honest, I really hope there'll be some nonsense drama at Schalke. Heidel and Weinzierl are actually competent guys who could do a good job for them.

la_briola

[...]

Kicker says that's just the income for German TV rights. International TV rights should be added. Bayern gets another 30m from that for example.

How will that add to the lower table teams? Do you have the numbers?

I love how this has become bundesliga GAF

Took us only three purges

lmao, I'm glad most of the good lads are back from exile.

Still missing a lot.

Weinzierl to Schalke is (pretty much) done.

Damn, I liked him.

To be honest, I really hope there'll be some nonsense drama at Schalke. Heidel and Weinzierl are actually competent guys who could do a good job for them.

Schlacke is cursed, doesn't matter who goes there. In other news: '"Ich will Perspektive": Höjbjerg vor dem Absprung.' :lol
Höjbjerg should try to get good first, before jumping again.

How will that add to the lower table teams? Do you have the numbers?

Kicker didn't name them exactly. 2.5m for every team and an additional 105m that gets split between the teams that played in the EL/CL in the last 5 years depending on their performance I think. So Frankfurt should get an additional sum as well.

la_briola

Kicker didn't name them exactly. 2.5m for every team and an additional 105m that gets split between the teams that played in the EL/CL in the last 5 years depending on their performance I think.

Fuck, now I'm thinking of 2013/14 against Porto... 2:2 and 3:3, going out like that blows.

Jack cw

The TV money in Germany is pathetic. Too bad we don't market ourself. But then everybody would cry about Bayern pulling even more ahead.

jrmanimal

You guys can talk about Brasileirão too!

We have a bunch of Bundesliga legends...Grafite, Fágner, Guerrero, Barrios, Réver, Geromel, Carlos Eduardo, Michel Bastos, Wesley, Carlos Alberto...well, a bunch of Bundesliga flops...and Grafite. Oh, well...I bet nobody remembers half of them.

la_briola

We have a bunch of Bundesliga legends...Grafite, Fágner, Guerrero, Barrios, Réver, Geromel, Carlos Eduardo, Michel Bastos, Wesley, Carlos Alberto...well, a bunch of Bundesliga flops...and Grafite. Oh, well...I bet nobody remembers half of them.

Zé Roberto.

Wesley and Carlos Alberto killed Werder with their performances. Way too expensive for Werder.

Also, I must admit I didn't know Rever. One of those crazy Magath transfers, right?

jrmanimal

Wesley and Carlos Alberto killed Werder with their performances. Way too expensive for Werder.

Also, I must admit I didn't know Rever. One of those crazy Magath transfers, right?

Funny that when we sold Carlos Alberto to Werder in 2007, he was already in downfall. He wasn't even starter in the 2006 season for us iirc, and our team was bad for good part of the season.

Wesley was lucky to play with Neymar and Ganso in 2011. They both made a bunch of average/bad players look good.

I don't know what happened to Réver in Germany and why he only played one game, but he was one of the best defenders in the country when he left and still played top-level when he came back.

Carbonox

Hah, Ganso. Whatever happened to that guy. Does he still play Football? People were fucking raving about him with Neymar a few years back. Then again, it's always the case with Brazilian talent. 1 of them ends up living up to the hype and the rest die in obscurity.

I love how this has become bundesliga GAF

Took us only three purges

lmao, I'm glad most of the good lads are back from exile.

Still missing a lot.

Naw, man. This thread is a lifeless husk. Bundesliga talk proves it. evilore killed footy GAF and turned it into a neutered soccer thread. A real shame.

stefan-kuntz_166165.jpg

jrmanimal

Hah, Ganso. Whatever happened to that guy. Does he still play Football? People were fucking raving about him with Neymar a few years back. Then again, it's always the case with Brazilian talent. 1 of them ends up living up to the hype and the rest die in obscurity.

It's fun to see in retrospect that a lot of people here thought that Ganso would be the star and Neymar would be the flop. Including myself, actually.

He is playing okay now, his team is at Libertadores semi-finals. He had some injuries but he just don't have the attitude of a star. He just became too static and lazy in the field, doesn't commit too much with the team. He never really evolved since he became a pro. And he is whiny, I really dislike him.

He still have nice vision and can make some flashy passes and assists here and there, but he is very inconsistent and far from being the top player he once was projected to be. I don't think he has the pace and the physicality to play in the european top leagues.

spidye

DerZuhälter;204519672 said:
Naw, man. This thread is a lifeless husk. Bundesliga talk proves it. evilore killed footy GAF and turned it into a neutered soccer thread. A real shame.

stefan-kuntz_166165.jpg
Footy gaf was about everything but football
We had some fun but it quickly devolved into attacking every new and old user

I miss wooden and fuenf though

Meier

Ganso nearly transferred to Orlando City last summer because São Paulo owe them a significant amount of money from when Kaka was loaned there -- it was going to help cover their debt. Obviously didn't happen though so I wonder if he'll be on the move this summer?

Danchi

I haven't watched the Brasileiro much this year, but at least from the year before he was still a regular starter for Sao Paulo. I never saw him play in his heyday for Santos either unfortunately. Nowadays, he just stands around the middle of the pitch and recycles possession well with short passes (almost always to the guy directly to the side of him).

He's not particularity adventurous and he basically never supports the attacking players (although maybe that kind of thing was never his game). In fact, he barely moves around the pitch at all. If the commentators didn't make constant mention of it, you wouldn't think he was a former "star."

I believe he was close to moving to Orlando City to team up with Kaka, but the deal fell through. I imagine he's quite well-paid at Sao Paulo.

edit: Picture a present-day Pirlo without the range of passing.

jrmanimal

Ganso nearly transferred to Orlando City last summer because São Paulo owe them a significant amount of money from when Kaka was loaned there -- it was going to help cover their debt. Obviously didn't happen though so I wonder if he'll be on the move this summer?

His contract ends in September/17 and he rejected São Paulo's last offer. I can see he leaving after the Libertadores or at the end of the year.

Is Gundogan even worth anything these days? Didn't he get injured and fat?
He's not fat anymore, who knwos what happens until he's fit again, though :lol

And he was pretty good this season. Not as good as he was back in 2013 but he would still be a good addition to almost any team.

sora87

He was a pillar of my liverpool team that dominated everything in football manager 2012

He's going to karius to glory.

plz catch corner kicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom