• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 & Off-season |OT2| 5000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Henrikh Mkhitaryan voted Kicker's Bundesliga Player of The Season.

Deserved. All the BVB mocking aside, they played sensational and under normal circumstances would have been champions. The fact that even Marcel Schmelzer was good this season says it all. Great squad and great competition.

bjaelke

"Ibrahimovic to be handed No 9 shirt at Man United, Martial to take Depay's No 7 shirt "

"Depay to Liverpool"

Express running the story, so I'm not worried.

RiggyRob

"Ibrahimovic to be handed No 9 shirt at Man United, Martial to take Depay's No 7 shirt "

"Depay to Liverpool"

The first part of that might be legitimate, but selling to Liverpool? It's like they use a random team generator and don't check what it comes up with.

Carbonox

Benitez staying on at Newcastle is now a done deal. What a time to be alive.

The first part of that might be legitimate, but selling to Liverpool? It's like they use a random team generator and don't check what it comes up with.

This is actually accurate for how Liverpool do their transfer business in general.

bjaelke

CjS-HbiUgAAm1Kx.jpg:large

Modern Football™

sora87

"Depay to Liverpool"

Depay seems more suited to Sunderland or Palace after his performances this season

Saints want Ibe apparently.

If Koeman can get him to pass/cross properly when team mates are in better positions he'd be great

Audioboxer

Also chuffed for Newcastle. Childhood favourite team of mine.

That club needs gutted from top to bottom. They should never be getting relegated. Make Newcastle great again Rafa.

If they don't get back up asap I fear for them.

Elchele

Leverkusen have closed a lot of deals ao far. Bringing back Danny da Costa (RB), Meffert (DM), signing Volland and that midfielder from Mainz with the weird name. Also looks like they took one of Ingolstadt goalkeepers.

Wonder if they will manage to keep all their key players now. And I guess they still need a new CB.

Never heard of naming rights being an issue at Inter or Real, but somehow comes up for United. U wot m8

One of the reasons why Pogba didn't move last season apparently. A third party owned his image rights and the clubs due to the money involved wanted to include this into the deal due to the figures involved and he will probably want to be reimbursed for having to purchase them to move club. City helped with the legal council.

It is one of the reasons why Rooney gets paid so much as his image rights are worth a lot of money and United have ownership of them and they make the larger cut. It is often in the benefit of the club and the player if the club handles the rights as they will actively push it and they both profit from it.

edit: But it is normal everyday business often thrown out of proportion by people that have no fucking clue. Inter and Real will have problems as well, any business that deals with IP has problems with it.

Time to sign Pierre-Emile

They're looking into re-signing Kramer. And Leverkusen doesn't seem to be against it.

Yep. He would fit right in with their type of football. And he can do a lot of what Xhaka did in terms of defending ans creating. Shouldn't cost more than €18M also

I know you have a weird liking for Hojbjerg but stop being ridiculous. He's a 10m at max player if he stays in the Bundesliga. 18m :lol

Who is on the market actually that could help?
For centre back, Laporte, Marquinhos, Koulibaly, Benatia...don't know really.

For forward I'd be happy with signing a winger tbh. Don't think Arsenal need to play with an out and out forward necessarily. I'd be happy with Lacazette though. Not exactly a dearth of top qualitee forwards though...

Elchele

I know you have a weird liking for Hojbjerg but stop being ridiculous. He's a 10m at max player if he stays in the Bundesliga. 18m :lol

I don't really care for how much we sell him, I'd be happy if we let him go for free to the club that suits him the best actually. I was just throwing a number around.

Why would Leverkusen want to get rid of Kramer? Their midfield is shit. Unless they're signing Rode to replace him already

Why would Leverkusen want to get rid of Kramer? Their midfield is shit. Unless they're signing Rode to replace him already

They were just really unlucky with injuries last season. Aranguiz was instantly out for almost the whole season and Bender was injured all the time as well. Kampl played quite well in CM. Together with Baumgartlinger, that's a solid midfield for them. And then maybe sign a talent with the Kramer money.

I can see why they'd agree to sell him.

Yannick Gerhardt to Wolfsburg
Luiz Gustavo to China for €30M.

lol Wolfsburg

That's actually good business. The move to China shows that Gustavo was one of the players who couldn't be arsed to give all anymore. Getting 30m for a player you want to get rid of is great.

Elchele

I forgot about Aranguiz. He's great. Still they better sign Rode or someone to replace Kramer, Bender will forever be injured

I really hope Liverpool lands Mahmoud Dahoud. I started keeping an eye on him this season ever since we were connected to Granit Xhaka in January. Watched a game to see what Xhaka was about but instead was impressed by Dahoud.

Bundesliga GAF, what are the chances of Liverpool landing him?

Between the huge fee for Xhaka and Champion's league money, Mönchengladbach are flush right now. They'll only let Dahoud go if someone pays his release clause, assuming there is one, or if he throws a fit and refuses to play.

I really hope Liverpool lands Mahmoud Dahoud. I started keeping an eye on him this season ever since we were connected to Granit Xhaka in January. Watched a game to see what Xhaka was about but instead was impressed by Dahoud.

I seriously doubt he's leaving Gladbach this year.

Elchele

Not happening. He has yet to play a full season as a starter in the first team. Gladbach are in CL, and their coach sees him as a key player in his team. No need for him to leave atm, and to be honest Gladbach don't have any reasons to sell unless someone puts a ridiculous offer like €60M. And even so, I think Dahoud would reject any move atm, he's just starting.

I'll always remember Luis Gustavo for two reasons:

1. Telling Balotelli he talks too much
2. His game against real Madrid in the semi-final when he was at Bayern. He committed so many fouls, he had to get sent off. The funny thing is, he only got a yellow, but for a foul he didn't commit.

It's too bad hes been bad, always thought he was a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom